Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Dec 2013, 07:42 (Ref:3347913)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Donington Historic Festival

Masters Grids http://www.themastersseries.com/even...o-2014/item/59

HSCC

http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Chart_...ar_2014_V8.pdf

Motor Racing Legends

http://www.motorracinglegends.com/in...?subj=Calendar
Old 9 Mar 2014, 14:08 (Ref:3376711)   #2
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any indication yet of the race timetable ?
Old 9 Mar 2014, 17:45 (Ref:3376765)   #3
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unlikely to see race timetable much before 27th March or thereabouts.

But ... I am joining in on the Historic Road Sports in the Chev Camaro, so happy to hear from any Tenthers on the Sunday. The Chev is sporting a refreshed engine and gearbox (first rebuild since 2001) and a general sprucing up.
See you there,
Nick
Old 25 Mar 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3384297)   #4
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race timetable:

Day Start Finish Duration Session Race Group
Saturday 09:10 09:40 30 qualifying HTCC for 1966-85 Touring Cars
09:50 10:15 25 qualifying HSCC Historic Formula 3
10:25 10:55 30 qualifying Pre-‘63 GT
11:05 11:30 25 qualifying HSCC Martini Trophy with SuperSports
11:40 12:05 25 qualifying HRDC ‘Celebration of the BTCC’ for Touring Cars 1958 – 1965
12:15 12:45 30 qualifying Royal Automobile Club Woodcote Trophy for pre-56 sportscars
12:45 13:45 60 Lunch Break / Parades and Demonstrations
13:45 14:15 30 qualifying U2TC pre-66 under two-litre Touring Cars
14:30 15:00 30 race HTCC for 1966-85 Touring Cars – Race 1
15:15 15:40 25 race HSCC Historic Formula 3 – Race 1
15:55 16:55 60 race Pre-’63 GT
17:10 17:35 25 race HSCC Martini Trophy with SuperSports – Race 1
17:50 18:35 45 race HRDC ‘Celebration of the BTCC’ for Touring Cars 1958 – 1965

Sunday 09:10 09:40 30 qualifying Motor Sport 90th Anniversary Trophy for pre-War Sports Cars
09:50 10:15 25 qualifying Maserati Centenary Trophy
10:25 10:55 30 qualifying FIA Masters Historic Sports Car Championship for Le Mans-style sports cars and ‘Group 4′ cars 1962 – 1974
11:05 11:30 25 race HSCC Historic Formula 3 – Race 2
11:45 12:15 30 race HTCC for 1966-85 Touring Cars – Race 2
12:15 13:15 60 Lunch Break / Parades and Demonstrations
13:15 14:15 60 race Royal Automobile Club Woodcote Trophy for pre-56 sportscars
14:30 14:55 25 race HSCC Martini Trophy with SuperSports – Race 2
15:10 15:40 30 race Motor Sport 90th Anniversary Trophy for pre-War Sports Cars Race1
15:55 16:55 60 race U2TC pre-66 under two-litre Touring Cars
17:10 17:35 25 race Maserati Centenary Trophy – Race 1
17:50 18:50 60 race FIA Masters Historic Sports Car Championship for Le Mans-style sports cars and ‘Group 4′ cars 1962 – 1974

Monday 09:10 09:40 30 qualifying Masters pre-66 Touring Cars
09:50 10:20 30 qualifying Stirling Moss Trophy for pre-61 sportscars
10:30 11:00 30 qualifying Masters Gentlemen Drivers Pre-66 GT
11:10 11:20 10 Demonstration Laps
11:30 12:00 30 race Motor Sport 90th Anniversary Trophy for pre-War Sports Cars Race2
12:15 13:15 60 race Masters Pre-66 Touring Cars
13:15 14:15 60 Lunch Break / Parades and Demonstrations
14:15 14:40 25 race Maserati Centenary Trophy – Race 2
14:55 15:55 60 race Stirling Moss Trophy for pre-61 sportscars
16:10 16:20 10 Demonstration Laps
16:35 18:05 90 race Masters Gentlemen Drivers Pre-66 GT
Old 29 Mar 2014, 09:32 (Ref:3385986)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Superb programme. No Group C this year then?

Looking forward to seeing how many more Group 1 and A saloons appear this season.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3386034)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Superb programme. No Group C this year then?

Looking forward to seeing how many more Group 1 and A saloons appear this season.
GpC at Le Mans 24 as support race this year.

And yes!
Old 31 Mar 2014, 10:47 (Ref:3386999)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
GpC at Le Mans 24 as support race this year.

And yes!
Orange cars will make colourful additions to the grid!
Old 31 Mar 2014, 12:23 (Ref:3387036)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Orange cars will make colourful additions to the grid!
Think getting engine built / installed, and then car set up will be the sticking point. Other than that definitely out somewhere this summer!

Old 9 Apr 2014, 10:57 (Ref:3390491)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Any sign of a provisional entry list for the programme yet anyone?
Old 9 Apr 2014, 12:56 (Ref:3390518)   #10
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Late finishs at Donington, that's unusual!
Old 9 Apr 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3390586)   #11
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This was on my list for this year but timing just doesn't work. I need to test, me and the car, plus the issues arising from Goodwood just preclude having it ready until June now. So, I'll try to get an entry for the Classic.
Old 16 Apr 2014, 11:05 (Ref:3393257)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
This was on my list for this year but timing just doesn't work. I need to test, me and the car, plus the issues arising from Goodwood just preclude having it ready until June now. So, I'll try to get an entry for the Classic.
Ah no, was looking forward to seeing you (and it!) Silverstone's firmly on my calendar and tickets booked so I guess i'll have to wait for then!
Old 16 Apr 2014, 11:57 (Ref:3393277)   #13
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It was on mine too, but clashes with the British GT round at Rockingham which I'm doing instead. If I tried to shoehorn Saturday in at Donington I fear Mrs F will divorce me...

It's a shame, it's looking like a superb meeting this year (as it has been in previous years).
Old 24 Apr 2014, 18:01 (Ref:3397830)   #14
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...F_03.05.14.pdf
Old 26 Apr 2014, 06:44 (Ref:3398365)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Nice programme! Some interesting names and combinations. .....
Also there's a few cars missing that I thought would've been certainties, certainly as far as the Touring Car Trophy is concerned?
Old 26 Apr 2014, 10:41 (Ref:3398414)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Nice programme! Some interesting names and combinations. .....
Also there's a few cars missing that I thought would've been certainties, certainly as far as the Touring Car Trophy is concerned?
Well, we know why Peter M and myself aren't there, so can't be us! I'm getting close to having a running Gp1 car- just fuel tank and engine now waiting for.....

How many of the Goodwood 'specials' out? (That is, cars not normally in HTCC!)

Old 3 May 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3401066)   #17
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
www.mstworld.com for live timings
Old 3 May 2014, 11:25 (Ref:3401093)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Cheers for that. Live timing OK, but the homepage for accessing results seems to have a fault, or is it just me?
Old 3 May 2014, 11:26 (Ref:3401094)   #19
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Couldn't bloody go today, nasty bout of IBS....., so my fingers are crossed for tomorrow.

Apparently the Group 44 XJS is on pole for the HTC first race? Not quite sure how it qualifies as a touring car but looking forward to seeing and hearing it tomorrow.
Old 3 May 2014, 13:27 (Ref:3401214)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Can't find anything relating to the Festival on the Live Timing page.
Old 3 May 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3401229)   #21
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter,
It is on the MST/HSCC page with current live timing. HSCC are race-organising the Festival.
Nick
Old 3 May 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3401247)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Not here it isn't!
Old 3 May 2014, 14:48 (Ref:3401274)   #23
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Cheers for that. Live timing OK, but the homepage for accessing results seems to have a fault, or is it just me?
They don't seem to bother reporting qualifying these days. Have to wait for the PDFs to be produced and work out whether they are up to time and with pages in a useful order.

In the live timing the 'Time Remaining' does not see to be working.

And the car info column for the second race just now was a mix of names from the previous race or nothing at all. Disappointing considering the sort of information one can obtain from European events and whoever does their timing systems.
Old 3 May 2014, 16:51 (Ref:3401397)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The last HSCC event from Thruxton had proper, continually updated, qualifying and race results just like what we are used to, so something has happened or.......?

STOP PRESS! Now working......... But no qualifying info.
Old 3 May 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3401414)   #25
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The last HSCC event from Thruxton had proper, continually updated, qualifying and race results just like what we are used to, so something has happened or.......?

STOP PRESS! Now working......... But no qualifying info.
Mike, if you click on Motorsport Results, it will bring up a page that links to the race results, and there is a PDF link to bring up the qualifying data.