Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 22 Apr 2014, 17:40 (Ref:3396832)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
TUSC Round 4: Laguna Seca

The official title for the round is "Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix Powered by Mazda". The race format for Round 4 is a bit different than what we have seen so far this year. There will be 2 two-hour races, one for the "pro" categories and one for the "ams". On track action begins on Saturday 3 May, with qualifying commencing at 16:55 local track time. The PC & GTD race is first up on Sunday at 10:15, while the P & GTE race begins at 14:45. Any guesses as to which race will have more caution periods?

Schedule

Entry List

Track Map

Weather
Old 22 Apr 2014, 19:35 (Ref:3396881)   #2
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Do I dare watch these races after the horrible coverage at Long Beach?

Probably not. Honesty looking more forward to Talladega.

If USCC had any sense left, they would give the P2s a better chance at a victory. GTLM battle will be fun as always. I hope Viper can come out with a good result. The "Am" race will be fun too...hope some of the PC drivers got driving lessons during the break.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 20:57 (Ref:3396919)   #3
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Rooting for Viper as well. How were their results here last season?
Old 22 Apr 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3396924)   #4
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post

If USCC had any sense left, they would give the P2s a better chance at a victory. GTLM battle will be fun as always. I hope Viper can come out with a good result. The "Am" race will be fun too...hope some of the PC drivers got driving lessons during the break.
At least watch the P/GTLM race on youtube once its archived.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3396926)   #5
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Rooting for Viper as well. How were their results here last season?
SRT Viper is a great pick. Porsche and Corvette have wins now in 2014. That leaves SRT, Ferarri, and BMW. So I'll for one of those three makes to win.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 21:36 (Ref:3396951)   #6
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be at the track drinking beer and hanging with friends and family.

Oh and there will be a race too...
Old 23 Apr 2014, 00:08 (Ref:3396997)   #7
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:

I see you are in Canada, so do you have live TV? If not, does the stream at IMSA.com have all the commercials that the insufferable TV coverage has?
Old 23 Apr 2014, 01:45 (Ref:3397014)   #8
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
I see you are in Canada, so do you have live TV? If not, does the stream at IMSA.com have all the commercials that the insufferable TV coverage has?
I'm a university student so I don't have a TV at my place. My parents' house has cable but in order to get Fox Sports 1, they would have to pay something like $30/month to get the sports package.

I haven't used the IMSA.com stream in a while but if I remember correctly, the commercials are just as often as the live stream. I usually use another live internet feed that doesn't cut away from the race but instead goes mute during the ad breaks. Watching racing on mute is really boring and annoying but it's the best option unfortunately.

If 40% of these races is going to be commercials, then I won't bother. I gave up half way through Long Beach.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 02:36 (Ref:3397028)   #9
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm a university student so I don't have a TV at my place. My parents' house has cable but in order to get Fox Sports 1, they would have to pay something like $30/month to get the sports package.

I haven't used the IMSA.com stream in a while but if I remember correctly, the commercials are just as often as the live stream. I usually use another live internet feed that doesn't cut away from the race but instead goes mute during the ad breaks. Watching racing on mute is really boring and annoying but it's the best option unfortunately.

If 40% of these races is going to be commercials, then I won't bother. I gave up half way through Long Beach.
I do have a rather hefty cable package but there is no coverage since Rogers dropped SPEED. So I won't be watching either. Unlikely to be able to watch either race live, and there's no TV so no PVR option. I could wait for the archived race on YouTube or wherever IMSA will put it... but by then, what will be the point?

I've yet to watch much of a TUSCC race this year. Apparently I'm not missing a whole lot. Which is a shame because I was a rabid ALMS watcher and even watched some Grand Am races.

I will be at Mosport to watch the show live, but that's apparently about all I'll be able to do this year. Fail. On my part, I guess. I'm sure someone will jump in and tell me how if I were a *real* fan I'd be bending over backward to watch the stream, or come up with some way of recording the stream, or backdooring into some other TV channel, or something. But life is too short for that nonsense. Put the races on TV, I will watch (or PVR and watch). Make life difficult with streaming and archives that show up "after a while"... forget it.

/rant
Old 23 Apr 2014, 03:31 (Ref:3397036)   #10
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This may be the only race I go to all year. Anyone planning on camping there?
Old 23 Apr 2014, 03:40 (Ref:3397038)   #11
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year was the first time the vipers ran at laguna.it wasn't all that great of an outing qualifying at the back of the gt field 9 and 11.the 93 had transmission issues before the second hour and did not finish the 91 battled with the ajr Ferrari at the end and finished 5th.i would think this year to be better for srt but the post daytona bop has really affected them and don't expect them to be competitive anytime during this season.

Honestly it feels like Imsa is only interested in taking care of its official partners gm and Porsche,and don't care about anyone else.so I don't see srt winning any race soon.i will be surprised if Porsche and corvette don't win every race this season.

Also esm only finished one car last year and it was near the back of the gt field,and I honestly can't remember the last time esm had a good race at laguna.maybe 2010 when they qualified both f450s in the top three but that's about their best result.so I don't expect them to do any good this year either.

I have been to both alms and grand am races here before,many of them.both where completely different atmospheres and experiences.after being at long beach and seeing the schedule and getting the tickets in the mail(just their size and design is very disappointing)i know it will and already feels like a grand am race,I'm not excited at all and I told my girlfriend it's ok if we don't make it and really just don't care.we considered laguna our home away from home and looked forward for the alms race all year, we would be in monterey Wednesday-Sunday now it's going to be just Saturday & Sunday.doesnt feel right I won't be surprised if this the last year we go,everything just feels disappointing.....
Old 23 Apr 2014, 08:01 (Ref:3397091)   #12
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Viper needs a weight break to be competitive. No reason Porsche should be 1225, 1235kg. That V10 is breathing through straws as is but no reason it should be 25 or 30kg heavier than the Vette. I too think tusc is playing favorites.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 13:22 (Ref:3397211)   #13
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there a particular reason behind the split into two races?
Old 23 Apr 2014, 13:26 (Ref:3397216)   #14
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Likely fear that 60 cars would be too many for the size of the course.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 13:34 (Ref:3397224)   #15
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Viper needs a weight break to be competitive. No reason Porsche should be 1225, 1235kg. That V10 is breathing through straws as is but no reason it should be 25 or 30kg heavier than the Vette. I too think tusc is playing favorites.
Isn't that expected when you have adjustable bop? But I agree, the weight adjustments haven't made much sense to me either.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3397233)   #16
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Thought it might be something like that.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 13:48 (Ref:3397237)   #17
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewantourdarbyback View Post
Thought it might be something like that.
The pits especially, they really are the pits.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 13:56 (Ref:3397246)   #18
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche917K View Post
This may be the only race I go to all year. Anyone planning on camping there?
Good crew up in the corkscrew...I'll be camping in 565 or 566..come on by and say hello. Erik
Old 23 Apr 2014, 15:51 (Ref:3397307)   #19
StarkNaked
Rookie

United States
West Seattle, WA USA
StarkNaked should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Good crew up in the corkscrew...I'll be camping in 565 or 566..come on by and say hello. Erik
Our regular crew will also be up in Corkscrew View. Just a few spaces down from Erik. Space #573 I think.... (and space #90 on Wednesday night, and maybe also on Sunday night.) Hi Erik!!
Old 23 Apr 2014, 17:15 (Ref:3397350)   #20
jasonjessica09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
The P/GTLM race will be 23 cars. I am very optimistic that will go with no FCY like Long Beach.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3397397)   #21
StarkNaked
Rookie

United States
West Seattle, WA USA
StarkNaked should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
I'll be at the track drinking beer and hanging with friends and family.

Oh and there will be a race too...
Will you be camping in Can Am circle again this year?
Old 23 Apr 2014, 19:00 (Ref:3397401)   #22
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
The P/GTLM race will be 23 cars. I am very optimistic that will go with no FCY like Long Beach.
I wouldn't mind seeing one (just one) to get a look at their new proceedure. But it probably won't matter with just being two classes.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3397429)   #23
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure,both dps/p2s and gtlm's have caused cautions here before.last year 4 fcy were caused by GT's. I sure hope it runs green all the way but I don't have my hopes up.
Old 23 Apr 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3397447)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing one (just one) to get a look at their new proceedure. But it probably won't matter with just being two classes.
Watch the GTD/PC race, and your wish will be granted!
Old 23 Apr 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3397449)   #25
jasonjessica09
Veteran

Quote:
Maybe the LMPC/GTD race will take care of that part.