Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 May 2002, 16:44 (Ref:287447)   #26
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think MS get better treatment at Ferrari because of what he does off the track as well as on track. He does not whine about things and he has really good technical input. He is a good business man too. He also seems to command more respect than his teammate. Since he does all that and he is more consistent that RB, he will always get the treatment. He might get it even after the champ. is won.
Old 15 May 2002, 23:11 (Ref:287648)   #27
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And we could also add a picture of TGF's car ramming into Jacques' car in Jerez.

This is going to be a very large T-shirt.

Maybe we could write to Jim Bamber and suggest he draw it for us.
Old 16 May 2002, 03:17 (Ref:287733)   #28
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I think MS get better treatment at Ferrari because of what he does off the track as well as on track. He does not whine about things and he has really good technical input. He is a good business man too. He also seems to command more respect than his teammate. Since he does all that and he is more consistent that RB, he will always get the treatment.
I believe the above few lines have the secret of TGF's success. He's build an excellent career thanks to his clever mind and good, solid consistent driving. Alongwith that he's got the sponsors to back him. I am sorry if I sound sarcastic but had Senna lived, you can easily reduce Schucmaher's wins & titles by 50%. I am not saying that Senna would've dominated Schumacher but certainly Senna's death helped build this 's career. [sorry to say this, if it offends anyone!]

Last edited by freud; 16 May 2002 at 03:18.
Old 16 May 2002, 15:28 (Ref:288153)   #29
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.f1i.com/articles/ARTICLE_445560.html

Montoya and Irvine have suggested that Schumacher just did his job.

Juan Pablo Montoya and Eddie Irvine have leapt to the defence of Michael Schumacher, who has been castigated along with his team after the Austrian Grand Prix debacle at the weekend.

Rubens Barrichello was forced to give up his win to Schumacher in the final yards of the race on Sunday, so that the German could extend his World Championship lead. It was seen as a wholly unnecessary act on the part of the team as Schumacher already had a mammoth 21-point lead in the Drivers championship. He now stands 27 points clear of Montoya, and even the Colombian asked exactly what the German was scared of after the race.

Now, though, Montoya appears to have done an about face, having seen Schumacher's post-race embarrassment with his team's decision. "I saw Michael's face," he explained. "I could see that Michael didn't have much to do with it, he was surprised by being issued with team orders too."

I thought this was interesting. An about-turn by Montoya.

He's not the only one - a lot of drivers both current anf former - have defended Schumacher and blamed the team. Im one of those fans who believes the blame lies with both parties - the team and Michael - though perhaps more towards the team than Schumacher in this case.

The reason why I think Michael should accept some of the blame is cos he could always have stepped on the brakes...

Last edited by Mania; 16 May 2002 at 15:29.
Old 16 May 2002, 15:34 (Ref:288158)   #30
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mania

The reason why I think Michael should accept some of the blame is cos he could always have stepped on the brakes...
exactly! the thing is (imo) if it was anyother driver on the grid, i'd say that they couldn't dis-obey the order! maybe it is the same for tgf, but he holds so much clout within ferrari and f1 in general that we would have got away with it!
Old 16 May 2002, 15:51 (Ref:288168)   #31
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
One race, and two others where qualifying was v v close. Now suddenly all the world and his wife are faster and better racers than Schumacher!
I don't see where that was said anywhere. I pointed out the fact that Rubens has gone back to right foot braking, which is the more natural style for him, and his apparent renewed confidence has given him the 2 or 3 tenths he's been looking for. This season is going to be a bit more difficult for Michael than he may have previously thought.

Whenever someone has gotten close to Michael, something has happened to them. Herbert, Irvine, Barrichello....
Old 16 May 2002, 16:21 (Ref:288185)   #32
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the drivers who have now got to answer the question for themselves, from everybody from the media to their mothers, "Would you have done what he did?" are scrambling for an answer that won't damn them in anybody's eyes. Very soon you are going to stop hearing from drivers as their bosses tell them to shut the up before they make things even worse than they are.

What Montoya saw on TGF's face was the realisation that this time he wasn't going to get away with it. I believe the technical term for that look is "deer in the headlights".
Old 16 May 2002, 18:53 (Ref:288268)   #33
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that I posted my reply on the other thread before reading this post, Liz. You and I seem to be on the same wavelength on this.

Anybody hear "damage control!" ?

"Quick, put out that fire somebody lit under that bridge!"
Old 16 May 2002, 20:07 (Ref:288298)   #34
freud
Veteran

Quote:
What Montoya saw on TGF's face was the realisation that this time he wasn't going to get away with it. I believe the technical term for that look is "deer in the headlights".
I hope this time TGF is brought to task. Its imptortant for FIA to realize that no one is bigger than Sport itself.
Old 16 May 2002, 22:44 (Ref:288442)   #35
Liz
Veteran

I hope for his sake he WAS a helpless dupe. Because the alternative to that would give him a lot more to be afraid of than losing three points in a car race.
Old 17 May 2002, 01:11 (Ref:288493)   #36
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Again I have to say that this was not Michaels call...Team orders, are not put into play by the drivers..Are they, so why should he(tgf) accept the blame? I fail to understand the logic here..

Best regards......Jeremy

Last edited by JeremySmith; 17 May 2002 at 01:12.
Old 17 May 2002, 01:15 (Ref:288497)   #37
freud
Veteran

Jersound,

Firstly, there will always be 'doubts' about Michael's invlovement in this call.

Secondly, even if he wasnt invloved in the call, he has the power within Ferrari to say 'No'! He didnt use it and chose to take 4 points quietly... what a shame.
Old 17 May 2002, 09:39 (Ref:288711)   #38
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by senna12

...the fact that Rubens has gone back to right foot braking, which is the more natural style for him, and his apparent renewed confidence has given him the 2 or 3 tenths he's been looking for. This season is going to be a bit more difficult for Michael than he may have previously thought.
As far as I know Rubens has always right foot braked in F1 - he said in a recent interview that although he got on ok with the left foot in karting and other disciplines he always found a big fuel consumption disadvantage in modern F1 - so he always right foot brakes in F1. I just think he's... come of age a bit; found a comfortable place within himself[ likes the new car very much[ and likes the A1-Ring much better than Michael does.
Old 17 May 2002, 15:32 (Ref:288991)   #39
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:"Secondly, even if he wasnt invloved in the call, he has the power within Ferrari to say 'No'!"

That's what you assume, that's not a fact.

He wanted to extent his leave after his Silverstone accident 99, Ferrari didn't allow it...they want him to be back to help Irvine. Ferrari got his way.
Old 17 May 2002, 15:58 (Ref:289006)   #40
Liz
Veteran

Mainly because his daughter answered the phone and inadvertently told the truth -- that he was not, as he said, "too injured to come back," but was in fact malingering.

I would have made him get back in the car too, if he had lied to me in that regard.

"Help Irvine"? Like in "Prevent him from winning Ferrari's first [fraudulent/team ordered] championship in 20 years"?
Old 18 May 2002, 01:04 (Ref:289212)   #41
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Liz, Michael is just another human, with his own ambitions and all. He worked extremely hard and played a huge role (not saying that Irvine did nothing) in the rebuilding of Ferrari and you would think that everybody would be reluctant to see all their efforts go to waste without the reward that they aspire to. We can be cynical of Michael's actions, but surely it won't take long to think from his shoes.

And exactly as you have said it, at the end of the day, Ferrari still has the last say. If i want you back Michael, you be back. If i want you to overtake, you jolly well do to.
Old 18 May 2002, 21:53 (Ref:289745)   #42
freud
Veteran

posted by Gt_R

Quote:
Quote:"Secondly, even if he wasnt invloved in the call, he has the power within Ferrari to say 'No'!"

That's what you assume, that's not a fact.
Thats a FACT! And I am not saying that I can quote people like James Allen (ITV) and Jackie Stewart who mentioned the same point in their interviews. Lets accept the fact that Michael could've said 'no' but he chose to take the win period
Old 19 May 2002, 01:20 (Ref:289842)   #43
Gt_R
Veteran

That James Allen and Jackie Stewart having the same opinion doesn't automatically qualify your opinion as a fact...

It's just like Irvine, Montoya, DC, Jody, happens to have the same opinion as me, it doesn't seem as if you thus accept it a fact that Michael had nothing to do with the decision making...
Old 20 May 2002, 12:01 (Ref:290217)   #44
Aussiefan

No one here knows for sure what it is like in Ferrari. Perhaps Michael doesn't have as much power there as everyone thinks. I think it's wrong to say that he 'could have said no' and take that as a fact. It's amazing how people claim to know Michael Schumacher's personality and all that goes on in his head.

Old 20 May 2002, 23:21 (Ref:290940)   #45
freud
Veteran

Gt_R.... Irvine, Montoya, DC & jody did favor the decision by Ferrari but they never said that 'Michael was not involved'. On the other hand many drivers, critics and f1 journalists questioned Michael's morality. Do you think that Michael, a four time formula one world champion, is that stupid and naive that he would just follow orders of Bran and Toad and go on to win the race. He couldve argued on tha radio.. he couldve said that 'BS I am not taking this **** race on a platter'.

The fact is that His highness Schumacher was extremely happy to take the win and as herr crossed the line he made the traditional gesture of pounching in air. Inside his helmet he was trembling with joy and happiness.. he was laughing and enjoying the moment. His heart was full of JOY as he had achieved 4 points on a platter... 4 f****** free points!!! This was christmas for him.. BUT suddenly he started to feel the crowd reaction... he saw his face on a flag being burned.... he saw smoke arising out of the fields of Zeltweg and he the cries of boos in the atmosphere and suddenly he realized that all his gestures, all his artificial actions made NO IMPACT AT ALL... And then he made a decision in his mind.. he made a decision to SPIN the whole event and try create some sympathy among the angered public... As we all knoe, he failed miserably!

Michael, you are finished!
Old 21 May 2002, 04:10 (Ref:291088)   #46
Aussiefan

Quote:
Originally posted by freud
The fact is that His highness Schumacher was extremely happy to take the win and as herr crossed the line he made the traditional gesture of pounching in air. Inside his helmet he was trembling with joy and happiness.. he was laughing and enjoying the moment. His heart was full of JOY as he had achieved 4 points on a platter... 4 f****** free points!!! This was christmas for him.. BUT suddenly he started to feel the crowd reaction... he saw his face on a flag being burned.... he saw smoke arising out of the fields of Zeltweg and he the cries of boos in the atmosphere and suddenly he realized that all his gestures, all his artificial actions made NO IMPACT AT ALL... And then he made a decision in his mind.. he made a decision to SPIN the whole event and try create some sympathy among the angered public... As we all knoe, he failed miserably!

You truly believe this?

Old 21 May 2002, 05:10 (Ref:291108)   #47
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Anti-Michael fans calling for the end of him....what's new?
Old 21 May 2002, 13:53 (Ref:291518)   #48
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by freud
certainly Senna's death helped build this 's career. [sorry to say this, if it offends anyone!]
Schumachers promising career helped Senna's death...[sorry to say this, if it offends anyone!]

As for the rest of this thread...<yawn smiley>
Old 21 May 2002, 21:51 (Ref:291946)   #49
freud
Veteran

Quote:
Schumachers promising career helped Senna's death...[sorry to say this, if it offends anyone!]
Downforce... I hate to say this but this is an extremely extremely unhumanlike, cold and 'barbaric' comment! How can you say that

Quote:
Schumachers promising career helped Senna's death
I cant beliee that I am reading this... Mr or Ms or whatever Downforce, let me clarify you one thing... Senna was killed NOT BY A MISTAKE... IT WAS A FAULTY CAR... UTTER BAD LUCK! Go and read the history books, read the articles by Technical people who gave their opinions... read the 15000 page summons which was sent to the Williams Team by the Lawyers in which the Technical Engineers described how Senna's Steering wheel failed which caused his car to hit the Tamburello wall. Even if you are a TGF fan, please dont say what you have said above as you have just said that : 'MICHAEL SCHUMACHER KILLED SENNA'... Yes you have just stated this!

Downforce... Sorry to say but your BARBARIC and MIDEIVAL comment have made us all very sad today!!

Last edited by freud; 21 May 2002 at 21:54.
Old 21 May 2002, 22:03 (Ref:291958)   #50
freud
Veteran

Also let me tell you one thing.. even if you are a TGF fan you shouldnt say that his promising career 'HELPED' Senna's death because you dont want your favorite driver to be labelled in such a way (i.e. if you are a true fan)!

I respect Michael Schumacher for all that he has achieved in f1 (even though I am not his fan).