Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 26 Jun 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1642001)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Snett 1st/2nd July

For all Historic Fans (and Historic Marshals, ie those like me that remember these cars when they were new!) this coming weekend's HSCC Snet meeting will be one to look forward too. Programme looks certain to provide some excellent racing.

Timetable is available on www.msttiming.com/timetables/2006/62656.pdf

Also Andrew Kitson kindly sent me this additional message, which I'm sure he will not mind me sharing with everyone, which will be of interest to all Archie Scott-Brown and Lister enthusiasts;

HSCC Snett meeting on July 1st/2nd. The old Archie wall plaque is being re-dedicated on the Saturday. On the Sunday Brian Lister and old friends will be there for the official naming of the new scrutineer bay, a parade of Listers in the lunch break and BRDC 50s sportscar race to celebrate Archie.

Terry
Old 26 Jun 2006, 23:02 (Ref:1642161)   #2
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers Terry I was going to ask about the dedication ceremony in the Historic forum. I'm glad its going ahead. Must bring my Archie & the Listers book, hopefully I can get Brian to sign it. BRDC Sportcars; does that mean Pete Hardeman & Whizzo will be there? See you Sunday.

Steve B
Old 27 Jun 2006, 12:09 (Ref:1642490)   #3
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
DaveW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Riches on Sunday is it then Terry...........I think I''ll prepare the paperwork now!
Old 27 Jun 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1642925)   #4
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Steve,

Glad to hear you can make it, not sure of entrylist at present but it's certainly going to be a good one I would bet.

Dave - magnets and pork pies will be banned on post and all the crew will be searched for any concealed items such as these to ensure that we have a nice quiet day!

Terry
Old 27 Jun 2006, 21:20 (Ref:1642954)   #5
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell
Dave - magnets and pork pies will be banned on post and all the crew will be searched for any concealed items such as these to ensure that we have a nice quiet day!
It'll never happen

I'll be there from Friday, so catch you there
Old 27 Jun 2006, 22:44 (Ref:1643038)   #6
peter195001
Racer

peter195001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that means me and rest of crew at riches saturday. dave can you make sure we get enough report forms and ask pete (R) to give us time to fill them in

see you at breakfast terry but not too early do not want another talking to for being to early

peter
Old 28 Jun 2006, 09:37 (Ref:1643257)   #7
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to be there but will have to sit it out coz I,m not fit enough to stand on the bank all day. Have offered to do light duties but think they are full in race control.
Hope to get back to the bank at Snet soon, but it sounds like a long job.
Old 28 Jun 2006, 10:14 (Ref:1643278)   #8
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
Peter, have you checked with Rodders if he has sufficient upstairs. I know that Sandra will be there but not sure who else, apart from the clerks (John Smith, Sam and myself). And I'm sure he could find you something, at least so you can be there.
Old 28 Jun 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1643299)   #9
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Parade of Listers and Terry Scannell,
The phrase "Bull in a china shop" springs to mind.
I'd love to join your crew over the weekend Terry. Haven't received any details from the HSCC yet, though I have just e-mailed them, but I'm sure they'll need bodies to clean up the debris at whatever post your on.
I'm going to be camping and it looks like it's going to be hot, damn hot!
See you Saturday, Nick.
Old 28 Jun 2006, 11:10 (Ref:1643324)   #10
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW
Peter, have you checked with Rodders if he has sufficient upstairs. I know that Sandra will be there but not sure who else, apart from the clerks (John Smith, Sam and myself). And I'm sure he could find you something, at least so you can be there.
Phoned him last night and seemed to think he had enough in RC. As you know it isn't very spacious so I wouldn't want to create a crowd. Maybe next time.
Old 28 Jun 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1643695)   #11
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man
Parade of Listers and Terry Scannell,
The phrase "Bull in a china shop" springs to mind.
I'd love to join your crew over the weekend Terry. Haven't received any details from the HSCC yet, though I have just e-mailed them, but I'm sure they'll need bodies to clean up the debris at whatever post your on.
I'm going to be camping and it looks like it's going to be hot, damn hot!
See you Saturday, Nick.
Nick,

Thanks mate!

Look forward to having you with us. Just sent you a PM.

Terry
Old 28 Jun 2006, 20:46 (Ref:1643720)   #12
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terry, you may have sole ownership of magnet this weekend, Doc told me today I have tonsilitus and the general relief for most people is I have no voice! ( so would not be able to radio in the Russell incidents!) Depending on the drugs (perscribed!) hoping to be there, but maybe only in watching capacity
Old 29 Jun 2006, 12:27 (Ref:1644136)   #13
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Well, I appear to be ticketless, and I'm leaving early tomorrow morning as I need to detour. If there's anyone on the gate tomorrow I'll endeavor to blag my way past, but can someone please let me know what time sign-on is on Saturday so I know when I need to wake up?
Old 29 Jun 2006, 13:32 (Ref:1644170)   #14
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sign on is from 7.45
Old 29 Jun 2006, 14:14 (Ref:1644195)   #15
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I may see you tomorrow Asp, I'm considering going for a couple of hours or so.
Old 29 Jun 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1644461)   #16
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sport Relief Mile Snetterton !5th July.

As you may know, a Sport Relief Mile is being run on the track, at 6 pm, on Saturday 16th, which will include drivers and teams and hopefully we marshals, who are there for the F3/GT weekend, can also do our bit. In preparation for this I have taken the liberty of setting up a team, called "Magnet and the Pork Pies", for the event. Please, please join the team by following these intructions.
1/. Go to www.sportrelief.com
2/. Click on "Find & Join A Team"
3/. Click on "Find your nearest mile now"
4/. Enter Postcode NR16 2JU and then click "Find me a mile"
5/. From the list select Norwich Snetterton Race Circuit
6/. Click "I Accept"
7/. Then select "You'd like to join a team.
8/. Team name is Magnet and the Pork Pies. Captain's first name is Nick. Captain's second name is Bowen.
9/. Click on Nick Bowen, under Team News.
10/.Finally Click join this team. Registration is £5.
Anyone wishing to sponsor the team can follow the first 6 points and then follow the basic intructions.
Snetterton hope to get a minimum of 500 runners on the track, lets see if we can make 1/10th of those marshals.
See you all on Saturday, Nick.
Old 2 Jul 2006, 22:30 (Ref:1646854)   #17
DaveW
Racer

United Kingdom
Suffolk
Thanks to everyone for their efforts and assistance this weekend, over two very hot days.

Despite protesting his innocence on the pork pie and magnet front, Terry still managed to attract the largest incident of the weekend - when on the Senna straight on Saturday!

We managed to finish only 15 minutes late Saturday and only 1 minute out on Sunday. A great selection of cars and a good team effort all round meant two (relatively) straightforward days.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 08:11 (Ref:1647077)   #18
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I'd like to add my thanks to Dave's both personally and on behalf of the HSCC for two great days. Whatever the weather, we complain and I don't think it gets much hotter than that, even at Snetterton! Lots of kind words from drivers about the marshalling, particularly the quick and efficient clear-up of the oily incident on the straight on Saturday during the last race.
Hope to see some of you during the rest of the season but, if not, I'm sure we'll be back next year.
Thanks again
Old 3 Jul 2006, 14:18 (Ref:1647337)   #19
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland

Thanks Dave and John,
yet again the HSCC put on a great meeting with fine machinery, even if a couple of the grids were a bit sparce. Dave, I actualy have to come to Terry's defence about the incident on Saturday. Even though he was on the post, it had more to do with Jerry deciding to sit in his chair!
The first time he sat down, a couple of minutes earlier, the Marcus came off at Russell before carrying on and then spinning into the pit wall. The next time he sat down, well.....
Mind you, it has to be said, Terry was at Riches where the oil slick appeared during the formula ford race on Sunday, so maybe you have a case Dave.
Thanks to Terry and ALL his crew for the weekend, as well as Mel and Dawn,
look forward to seeing you in 2 weeks.
Thanks to all the drivers for their efforts. I also think a mention should go to JP, for taking time to fly up for the unveiling of the Archie Scott-Brown memorial, in the middle of what must have been a very important and hectic weekend for him.
See you soon, Nick.

Last edited by White flag man; 3 Jul 2006 at 14:21.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 14:53 (Ref:1647377)   #20
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man
I also think a mention should go to JP, for taking time to fly up for the unveiling of the Archie Scott-Brown memorial, in the middle of what must have been a very important and hectic weekend for him.
Yes thanks to all at the HSCC for a great weekend.
I agree about JP. He had a very busy schedule, meetings with manufacturers at Brands, yet took the time to come to Snett. OK the flight is only 30mins ( he pilots the helicopter himself), however with the unveiling, lunch with Brian and Jack he had to be back at Brands at 3pm for another meeting. He could have easily said 'no' but not his style. He even arrived in a corporate 'Snetterton' shirt, such is his attention to detail. Talking of that, last week I put down a few words about the history of Archie, on behalf of MSV at Snett for local press releases etc. Jonathan received this by fax on Saturday morning to refresh his memory of the man and memorised it while the chopper was on auto-pilot. As host, in his introduction speech he was word for word (without notes), got all the dates and facts correct and added a bit more, possibly from 'Archie and the Listers' as I did!
Thanks Jonathan for all you are doing at Snett, the place has never looked better.
Old 3 Jul 2006, 21:50 (Ref:1647620)   #21
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Big thanks to all at Snetterton - I must second Andrew's comments about Snett not looking better, if you're there week after week you don't see the changes, but after not being there for 12 months the changes were clear, dramatic, and impressive.

Thanks to the guys at Russell for coping with me on Saturday whilst I remembered how to marshal, I think it quickly came back to me. Just like riding a bike. Thanks to the HSCC for water run as well, in that weather it was needed!

And also thanks to circuit staff for being their usual friendly and helpful selves whilst I was doing an alternative role on Sunday.

OK, the weather was a bit hot, but I'd rather that than rain!
Old 3 Jul 2006, 22:29 (Ref:1647645)   #22
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
John/Dave/Sam
Many thanks for all the hard work in Race control which made for a great weekend and thanks for all your prompt Safety Car assistance with the Saturday "Senna incident"

Thanks also to Alex and the Recovery crew for the swift clearance of the damaged car and to Mel and the pit lane crew for their assistance in treating the rather long and wide slick all the way into Riches.

To my team, once again you all proved to everyone that you are a "TEAM" and one of the best, it is an honour to work with you all, everyone played their part in a very professional manner, also the drivers on circuit who were very careful and obeyed directions from us when coming into the section and when coming out of the pits past the clear up area especially when the area was covered in a thick cloud of cement dust while we were still in the middle of the track.

Nick, glad you enjoyed the weekend as much as we enjoyed your company and we look forward to seeing you back with us for the F3/GT's, Kevin great job with dealing with the fire so quickly and looking after the driver involved in the incident.

Obviously the Formula Ford guys were so impressed with the oil slick treatment skills demonstrated that they decided that we should extend the line of cement dust on Sunday all the way from Riches through Sear to Revett!!

Perhaps we should get a sponsor so that we can raise money for charity for a full circuit oil slick treatment. After this weekend between our crew and George's we're half way round already!!

Terry
Old 4 Jul 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1648279)   #23
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
Big thanks to all at Snetterton - I must second Andrew's comments about Snett not looking better, if you're there week after week you don't see the changes, but after not being there for 12 months the changes were clear, dramatic, and impressive.
Mark/Andrew,

Totally agree with the comments and I certainly feel that JP's commitment to Snetterton is clearly evident, not only with the changes made so far but also with the plans for the future. Mark, good to see you back at Snet - don't make it so long before the next time!

Andrew, it was great to see the Archie memorial reinstated and in such a prominent position and also to see your painting of Archie on display. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with you over the weekend - as can be seen from the above we were kept fairly busy!! - perhaps next time you're there.

Terry