Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Dec 2011, 01:02 (Ref:3000001)   #476
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
The race now has no free to air coverage.I cannot see how this can be good news. Although I have Foxtel over 70% of households do not.
It's a trade-off between post-produced FTA only, and a Live component PLUS the post-produced show on a pay network. Live TV - even if it is on Pay TV - is an easier sell than a post produced show and any step towards live coverage is a bonus for the race.

Plus I think you will find that the ratings won't actually be that different.

Plus the other thing to remember is that a relationship with SPEED means a relationship with the entire FOX Sports network. Fox Sports News 24, their website, the 20,000 + people on their Facebook page, etc. The opportunities to leverage additional media is significant and can help attract people to the track or to the broadcast and therefore deliver value to competitors.

As I understand, news on live streaming and everything surrounding it will be forthcoming.
Old 15 Dec 2011, 01:36 (Ref:3000007)   #477
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post
James Brock is confirmed for the AGT next year in a 2nd Erebus Merc - is he not?? Would this not be a tailor made fit for the MBHQ car?
As far as I'm aware, that's right. It just doesn't make a great deal of sense when finance, or logistics are taken into consideration.
Given Black Falcon will have seven seats, and four of those are potentially gentleman-oriented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip it View Post
Was told that the Clear water Ferrari 458 is going to have a factory driver and Bairdo driving. Wonder what Porsche think about Bairdo jumping ship.
Also car might stay for Bairdo to race Australia GT.
If there isn't a local customer fielding an entry to accommodate Baird, Porsche probably have few issues with his competing via other entries/marques. He seems more like a regional affiliate driver - he's definitely not a factory hand in an official capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Craill View Post
It's a trade-off between post-produced FTA only, and a Live component PLUS the post-produced show on a pay network. Live TV - even if it is on Pay TV - is an easier sell than a post produced show and any step towards live coverage is a bonus for the race.

Plus I think you will find that the ratings won't actually be that different.

Plus the other thing to remember is that a relationship with SPEED means a relationship with the entire FOX Sports network. Fox Sports News 24, their website, the 20,000 + people on their Facebook page, etc. The opportunities to leverage additional media is significant and can help attract people to the track or to the broadcast and therefore deliver value to competitors.

As I understand, news on live streaming and everything surrounding it will be forthcoming.
Are you able to reveal whether the streaming provider has been (re)confirmed?
Old 15 Dec 2011, 03:08 (Ref:3000033)   #478
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK Brock gets current Erebus car, with Hackett in the new.

Not sure if running with Black Falcon or not but Brock is on a one year deal
Old 15 Dec 2011, 03:55 (Ref:3000042)   #479
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Black Falcon has entered 7 drivers, 4 for one car and three for the other. They'll be profiled in a 12 Hour website yarn tomorrow. None of them are James Brock. But one is Jeroen Bleekemolen, who is a bit of a gun, so that's cool.
Old 15 Dec 2011, 04:07 (Ref:3000044)   #480
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Are you able to reveal whether the streaming provider has been (re)confirmed?
Nope. No details are confirmed. TV stuff first, then live steaming down the road.
Old 15 Dec 2011, 05:34 (Ref:3000061)   #481
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Craill View Post
Black Falcon has entered 7 drivers, 4 for one car and three for the other. They'll be profiled in a 12 Hour website yarn tomorrow. None of them are James Brock. But one is Jeroen Bleekemolen, who is a bit of a gun, so that's cool.
No news on Quinn entering??
Old 15 Dec 2011, 06:36 (Ref:3000068)   #482
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
No news on Quinn entering??
He's pulled the trigger on a 458 GT3 for the 2012 Aus GT season apparently, but he's no chance of having it ready for the 12hr. He hasn't even entered, so thats pretty telling for mine.
Old 15 Dec 2011, 09:33 (Ref:3000103)   #483
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
He's pulled the trigger on a 458 GT3 for the 2012 Aus GT season apparently, but he's no chance of having it ready for the 12hr. He hasn't even entered, so thats pretty telling for mine.
A 458 now? First he couldnt get a McLaren then the Aston Martin wouldnt be ready in time, last time I heard he was closing in on running a Nissan GT-R GT3.

Hope the Clearwater news is true with Bairdo onboard, wonder who the factory driver might be-could be Matt Griffin who is a 458 GT3 development driver. Bruni or Vilander would be really nice to see downunder.

So James Brock may be in this one off Mercedes entry with Hackett? Still wondering why those two arent with Black Falcon. ?
Old 15 Dec 2011, 20:46 (Ref:3000442)   #484
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
A 458 now? First he couldnt get a McLaren then the Aston Martin wouldnt be ready in time, last time I heard he was closing in on running a Nissan GT-R GT3.

Hope the Clearwater news is true with Bairdo onboard, wonder who the factory driver might be-could be Matt Griffin who is a 458 GT3 development driver. Bruni or Vilander would be really nice to see downunder.

So James Brock may be in this one off Mercedes entry with Hackett? Still wondering why those two arent with Black Falcon. ?
Its a shame, i was really hoping that Quinn would enter his porsche and have baird with long and maybe westbrook as drivers. What a team that would be!!

Erebus Racing Still working on the details!! Clipsal being so close makes things a bit harder. Hope to have more info for everyone next week!!

thats from the facebook page.
Old 18 Dec 2011, 23:07 (Ref:3001681)   #485
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just pinched this link from over in the sports car racing thread, but you'd have to think that this would be beneficial to the future of the B12, with some of these guys maybe coming down here in years to come (same time zone).
http://www.planetlemans.com/2011/12/...ns+Newsfeed%29
Old 19 Dec 2011, 02:12 (Ref:3001711)   #486
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Baiedo dricing 458 is true. Its on his twitter account
Old 19 Dec 2011, 05:22 (Ref:3001738)   #487
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

I wonder which one?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Dec 2011, 05:46 (Ref:3001746)   #488
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

I wonder which one?
Weng, Farnbacher, Baird...will be a quick combo.
Old 19 Dec 2011, 08:46 (Ref:3001780)   #489
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
clearwater ferrari
Old 19 Dec 2011, 11:00 (Ref:3001808)   #490
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post
Wasnt Farnbacher supposed to be in the Maranello 458 with Simonsen, Bowe and a gentlemen driver whos name I cant recall atm? Hmmm........
Old 19 Dec 2011, 11:01 (Ref:3001809)   #491
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is Farnbacher not partnered with Simonsen, Bowe and Edwards?
Has something changed on this front?
Old 20 Dec 2011, 09:50 (Ref:3002150)   #492
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Wasnt Farnbacher supposed to be in the Maranello 458 with Simonsen, Bowe and a gentlemen driver whos name I cant recall atm? Hmmm........
Yes, ignore sheepy, he's wrong (again).

Peter Edwards is the owner of the car Allan recently did that lap in...

The MM sport team is Simonsen, Dominik Farnbacher, John Bowe, and Peter Edwards.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 10:48 (Ref:3002172)   #493
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Weng, Bairdo and some other German then...thought He said Farnbacher. I may have made a wee mistake, as opposed to being constantly delusional.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 11:35 (Ref:3002193)   #494
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Weng, Bairdo and some other German then...thought He said Farnbacher. I may have made a wee mistake, as opposed to being constantly delusional.
A pleasant change for you, but i'm sure you'll resume normal service immediately
Old 20 Dec 2011, 15:24 (Ref:3002269)   #495
GtSuperfan
Rookie

GtSuperfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It will be interesting to see the driver line up as i do not think there are any German Ferrari Factory drivers. If they have snagged a Factory driver my guess is it would be Matt Griffin as he is Ferrari's main GT3 driver and is probably one of the fastest GT3 drivers in the world at the moment.

Could also be Gimmi Bruni as both raced for clearwater in the Mardeka 12hr in Sepang this year.

Looking at the qualifying times from the Mardeka 12hr both Bruni and Griffin did identical times in Qualifying and were both faster then the Factory Audi so I don't think there is much to choose between them in terms of speed.

My bet is Baird, Griffin and Weng Sun which would be a very strong combination.
Old 20 Dec 2011, 16:44 (Ref:3002307)   #496
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtSuperfan View Post
It will be interesting to see the driver line up as i do not think there are any German Ferrari Factory drivers. If they have snagged a Factory driver my guess is it would be Matt Griffin as he is Ferrari's main GT3 driver and is probably one of the fastest GT3 drivers in the world at the moment.

Could also be Gimmi Bruni as both raced for clearwater in the Mardeka 12hr in Sepang this year.

Looking at the qualifying times from the Mardeka 12hr both Bruni and Griffin did identical times in Qualifying and were both faster then the Factory Audi so I don't think there is much to choose between them in terms of speed.

My bet is Baird, Griffin and Weng Sun which would be a very strong combination.
Pierre Kaffer is German. Although Ferrari aren't one for declaring their guns for hire, he's as close to a factory/affiliate drive as one can be.
His being here would be pretty fantastic.

Your guess seems fairly likely, in my view.
Having any of Kaffer, Bruni, or Griffin in attendance would be a definite positive for the event.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 01:24 (Ref:3002504)   #497
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I guess that means that there will be no Class A Porsches in next year's race? Didn't see that coming...
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 21 Dec 2011, 08:17 (Ref:3002552)   #498
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
A pleasant change for you, but i'm sure you'll resume normal service immediately
Matt Griffin, I knew it sounded German-ish.

Geez, why did Cam McConville sign with your lot. Much easier hatin' blokes you don't like.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 09:39 (Ref:3002585)   #499
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
So I guess that means that there will be no Class A Porsches in next year's race? Didn't see that coming...
Speedlover from belgium are coming over with one apprently
Old 21 Dec 2011, 10:14 (Ref:3002594)   #500
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Matt Griffin, I knew it sounded German-ish.
He's Irish. Would love to see what an ace such as Bruni or Vilander could do around the mountain in the 458.

McConkin or otherwise I'd still be gunning for Ted and his yellow Lambo.