Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Aug 2010, 23:17 (Ref:2748685)   #126
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
As far as I am aware Silverstone does not offer more points than a normal race, so unless the points system this year has changed then Felbamayer are the 2010 GT2 champions which just goes to show how strong and well rounded the team have been this year.
Lieb just reminded me about the 5 points for 3 races on 1 engine, im not sure if this was #95's 3rd race on that engine or not, i can't find it documented anywhere who has done what on how many engines.
Old 22 Aug 2010, 23:21 (Ref:2748687)   #127
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Lieb just reminded me about the 5 points for 3 races on 1 engine, im not sure if this was #95's 3rd race on that engine or not, i can't find it documented anywhere who has done what on how many engines.
With regards to the engine I have no idea, I'm assuming that if they have run on the same engine up until now they get extra points? If they have run on the same engine all season then surely it's going to be on it's last legs at Silverstone, or at the very least getting a bit tired?
Old 22 Aug 2010, 23:31 (Ref:2748690)   #128
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could have sworn RLM said during Algarve that you get 5 bonus points for compleating 3 races on 1 engine, but Lieb says it is 2 points extra for each completed race with the first engine, 1 extra point for the second engine.

So comapring that to the points table for each round #95 has used the same engine for all 4 races and #77 switched to a new engine for Hungaroring.

So #77 lead by 15 points going into Silverstone.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 01:31 (Ref:2748735)   #129
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
F-P have done an exceptional job this year, great consistency and reliability proving much more valuable than the absolute outright pace. I know they definitely changed a very tired engine though, and that seems to be consistent with the points table.

The Ferrari brigade by contrast has been more than a little erratic, and some reliability woes make me wonder whether the 430 is feeling the strain of being pushed through it's 5th competitive year of upgrades.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2748883)   #130
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hmm. Would the VW vs FIAT thread please return to it's cage? Seeing as I got grief for wandering into their playground, would they keep such locked up?

Hearty congratulations to all involved in a historic LMP2 overall 1-2-3-4.
And to Beechdean, for an LMP1 class win.

I have no idea what happened to the Lola Aston, or the Rebellions, as when I got home, they were already dead, or dying. But I bet they regret not trying slightly less and cruising ahead of the pack.

Oh, and a well done to Porsche for their GT win. Another upside down class, with the GT1s consistently behind most of the GT2s?
Old 23 Aug 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2748987)   #131
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
-wrong thread, oops
Old 23 Aug 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2749055)   #132
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Hmm. Would the VW vs FIAT thread please return to it's cage? Seeing as I got grief for wandering into their playground, would they keep such locked up?
Please tell me where discussing the points standings after this race is not allowed in a thread about said race?

Im sorry your beloved Aston Martin and Spyker just can't cut it against Ferrari and Porsche, but that does not mean all discussions of Porsche or Ferrari are banned from the LMS Or ALMS threads.

Get off your high horse.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 17:06 (Ref:2749062)   #133
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe he was not referrng to the points discussion, but the previous one starting at about post #115.

L.P.
Old 23 Aug 2010, 17:25 (Ref:2749073)   #134
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I believe he was not referrng to the points discussion, but the previous one starting at about post #115.

L.P.
And where is the problem with celebrating a Porsche victory at the Hungaroring in the Hungaroring race thread? perhaps all the HPD Celebrations should be moved to a dedicated HPD v Lola thread then?
Old 23 Aug 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2749077)   #135
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post

L.P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
And where is the problem with celebrating a Porsche victory at the Hungaroring in the Hungaroring race thread? perhaps all the HPD Celebrations should be moved to a dedicated HPD v Lola thread then?
I never said it was right, wrong or indifferent! But it is evident that he had a point, whether it is agreed with or not.

L.P.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2749457)   #136
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I love the way some folk can't take ANY joke at all.
I getgrief for a dry sense of humour in your private thread. So when I comment on it escaping into the wild on here, I get more.

I have never used the 'ignore' button before. Anyone know how it works?

P.S. You may note my bias towards Porsche round here. But then again, probably not...
Old 24 Aug 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2749560)   #137
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I love the way some folk can't take ANY joke at all.
I getgrief for a dry sense of humour in your private thread. So when I comment on it escaping into the wild on here, I get more.
What you have to remember Tim is that all the posters on this forum come from all over the world and don't share the same sense of humour as us Brits. I'm not saying that we have a more sophisticated humour, not at all, but we have a very different one. What you have to understand is that what some posters may read as dry humour, others from a different culture may read in a completely different light.

The thing I've noticed on this forum is that not enough posters take this in to consideration before posting.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2749563)   #138
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
What you have to remember Tim is that all the posters on this forum come from all over the world and don't share the same sense of humour as us Brits. I'm not saying that we have a more sophisticated humour, not at all, but we have a very different one. What you have to understand is that what some posters may read as dry humour, others from a different culture may read in a completely different light.

The thing I've noticed on this forum is that not enough posters take this in to consideration before posting.
But that's not a dig at you Tim, it was just a random rant!
Old 24 Aug 2010, 17:34 (Ref:2749579)   #139
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The TV coverage for the Hungaroring race was a big piece of ****, seriously, without a decent TV the series won´t have any future but a minor pro-am series.

Why they don´t provide a decent stream on their website with the RLM audio? Other series like Indy, Nascar (on certain races), GT1 or Superleague offer streaming on their websites and it´s a good way to have even more visibility.
Old 24 Aug 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2749589)   #140
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
The TV coverage for the Hungaroring race was a big piece of ****, seriously, without a decent TV the series won´t have any future but a minor pro-am series.

Why they don´t provide a decent stream on their website with the RLM audio? Other series like Indy, Nascar (on certain races), GT1 or Superleague offer streaming on their websites and it´s a good way to have even more visibility.
Over on this side of the pond we get diddly-squat. A stream would get the LMS much more exposure, it would be nice to also have an on demand (archive) option to watch.

L.P.
Old 25 Aug 2010, 14:48 (Ref:2749993)   #141
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Hear, hear, Mr.Dawg.
Especially with the LMIC coming. If the FIA GT can snaffle Bloomberg, then LMS can surely find someone to do at least a 1 hour highlights show?
Stream live on their website?

Next year, eh?
Old 27 Aug 2010, 10:08 (Ref:2750990)   #142
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a note for the guys who are interested: Eurosport 2 shows today (friday, 27.08.) at 17:00 / Eurosport 2 UK at 22:25 a 60min coverage of the race in Hungary...

Old 28 Aug 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2751524)   #143
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suppose one reason for the lack of decent TV coverage is to hide the empty grandstands. Anyone heard what the attendance figures may have been at the Hungaroring? DSC have a photo of the pit straight during the night time section of the race and not a single person was in the stands...
Old 2 Sep 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2753631)   #144
boesel
Rookie

boesel has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
200 photos

Hi everybody,
at this address you can find a complete report with 200 photos about the 1000km of Hungaroring, race won by Acura:
http://www.connectingrod.it/LeMansSeries/2010/Hungaroring/hungaroring_eng.html
nice reading