Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Feb 2012, 04:57 (Ref:3019693)   #851
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodduck97 View Post
Think it is more than just a scheduling issue. If you can find the clip of "in pit lane" interview with TQ from Shannons Nationals at Sandown, this would be very apparent....
I thought that it was common knowledge that TQ has been more than happy to tell whoever is listening that it is more than a case of a scheduling issue, in fact he doesn't sound like he would give the time of day to the organisers of the 12 hour due what he perceives to be inconsistencies in rules and regulations regarding entrants etc.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 05:31 (Ref:3019699)   #852
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For guys like Crick, however, it IS a scheduling issue as he said here
Old 1 Feb 2012, 05:37 (Ref:3019700)   #853
MalcolmC
Racer

New Zealand
Down there a bit
MalcolmC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
why should he be supporting the stand alone event, I wasnt aware he was a charity.

its easy to spend someones elese money
TQ's having no trouble spending his own money.
http://www.odt.co.nz/regions/central...fter-park-sale
Old 1 Feb 2012, 05:38 (Ref:3019702)   #854
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodduck97 View Post
Think it is more than just a scheduling issue. If you can find the clip of "in pit lane" interview with TQ from Shannons Nationals at Sandown, this would be very apparent....
There are other issues and factors at play. This seems to be the most significant. I've seen the interview you've mentioned and, it doesn't change the situation or, my view towards it.

Quinn's is entitled to his perspective as both a competitor, and the owner of a competing entity. While I disagree with the reasoning behind his boycotting the event as a competitor, I can acknowledge his desire to compete elsewhere or, not at all.

His perspective as the owner of a competing entity isn't as justified - providing we're assuming he advocates progress (i.e. growth).

Whether Quinn likes it or not, the 12 Hour can (and, given the opportunity will) have a positive effect on the Australian sportscar/GT scene; in which he controls a commanding stake. Sacrificing potential personal gain, solely to hinder the progress of another, is pure shortsightedness.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 05:57 (Ref:3019705)   #855
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed. Whether TQ decides the 12Hr is something he wants to be a part of or not, I think he owes it to the other GT competitors to try and make the scheduling work, so that other GT competitors have the opportunity to do both events if they desire.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 06:04 (Ref:3019706)   #856
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo View Post
For guys like Crick, however, it IS a scheduling issue as he said here
\n\n

Whilst i am not saying that Crick is telling '' porkies'', would it be fair to say that some / any of our local GT drivers might take the easy out by using the scheduling excuse / reason in order to stay onside with TQ ?
Old 1 Feb 2012, 07:24 (Ref:3019720)   #857
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
\n\n\n\nWhilst i am not saying that Crick is telling '' porkies'', would it be fair to say that some / any of our local GT drivers might take the easy out by using the scheduling excuse / reason in order to stay onside with TQ ?
\n\n

Just to clarify, i mean that staying onside with TQ is by not entering the 12 hour.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3019729)   #858
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
I think there will be room for both Tony, with GT3 taking top billing.
In the likely/unlikely (depending on your personal opinion) scenario that V8Supercars fell over, it is highly unlikely GT racing in any form would fill the void (production cars in their present form wouldn't either)

Australian fans have spoken for decades that the way to attract and keep fans means you need local cars competitive.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 08:17 (Ref:3019731)   #859
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
In the likely/unlikely (depending on your personal opinion) scenario that V8Supercars fell over, it is highly unlikely GT racing in any form would fill the void (production cars in their present form wouldn't either)

Australian fans have spoken for decades that the way to attract and keep fans means you need local cars competitive.
Only the vocal bogan fans.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3019760)   #860
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
as opposed to the up themselves GT fans who like something they can only dream about

Last edited by peckstar; 1 Feb 2012 at 10:38.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 10:41 (Ref:3019763)   #861
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
as opposed to the up themselves GT fans who like something they can only dream about
You must like GT cars else you wouldn't be in this thread.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 10:45 (Ref:3019766)   #862
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
If this describes the bulk of Australian motor racing fans then so be it.

I like sportscar racing but I know that to get a crowd in this country to a motor race you need either Formula One or Touring Cars.

GT racing is never going to capture the imagination of a wider audience.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 10:45 (Ref:3019767)   #863
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
\n\n

Whilst i am not saying that Crick is telling '' porkies'', would it be fair to say that some / any of our local GT drivers might take the easy out by using the scheduling excuse / reason in order to stay onside with TQ ?
No, not fair to say...even a hardy Porker is going to be pretty tired after 12 hours. A lot of effort to get to Adelaide and turn an Enduro car around in time, even if you avoid damage. Not to mention the cost...

B12 hour was locked in long before Clipsal date announced on the back of Melbourne GP being brought forward a week. B12 hour couldn't be changed because of the Dubai 12 hour.

Just bad luck in the scheduling for all concerned. The boys playing in GT are no shrinking violets. Didn't get where they are by giving a stuff about skirting around egos ala the suggestions about staying onside with TQ. Laughable.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3019768)   #864
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
You must like GT cars else you wouldn't be in this thread.
im interested in the 12 hour race

i find gt cars quite boring and painful on the ears.

but for some reason they are now part of the 12 hour race so i will put up with them
Old 1 Feb 2012, 11:13 (Ref:3019774)   #865
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i find gt cars quite boring and painful on the ears
Then what is a V8SC to your ears? Popping farting hunk of **** taxi's that they are....

You can't of heard too many GT cars to form that opinion..... 458 GT3, the LP560/600's and the Aston DBRS9's etc are among the best sounding racecars on the planet.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3019777)   #866
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
Then what is a V8SC to your ears? Popping farting hunk of **** taxi's that they are....

You can't of heard too many GT cars to form that opinion..... 458 GT3, the LP560/600's and the Aston DBRS9's etc are among the best sounding racecars on the planet.
not that its relevant, but yes i have and no they're not
Old 1 Feb 2012, 11:32 (Ref:3019782)   #867
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
im interested in the 12 hour race

i find gt cars quite boring and painful on the ears.

but for some reason they are now part of the 12 hour race so i will put up with them
You're just baiting ffs.

Listen to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDdHW...e_gdata_player
Old 1 Feb 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3019794)   #868
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
You're just baiting ffs.

Listen to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDdHW...e_gdata_player
or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0PLgQ65o04
Old 1 Feb 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3019804)   #869
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I personally think the Australian GT championship needs to include the 12hr in some way, hopefully in the following years the moons align and they can come to an arrangement as those extra cars would only make the 12hr a better international event and everybody wins (well except the bottom class who may lose out to allow sub 2.08 laps )
Old 1 Feb 2012, 13:35 (Ref:3019817)   #870
scudd
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
I personally think the Australian GT championship needs to include the 12hr in some way, hopefully in the following years the moons align and they can come to an arrangement as those extra cars would only make the 12hr a better international event and everybody wins (well except the bottom class who may lose out to allow sub 2.08 laps )
Excellent idea, make it the first round, double points, drop clipsal.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 15:33 (Ref:3019850)   #871
Reload
Veteran

Australia
[QUOTE=St00ge;3019804]I personally think the Australian GT championship needs to include the 12hr in some way, hopefully in the following years the moons align and they can come to an arrangement as those extra cars would only make the 12hr a better international event and everybody wins (well except the bottom class who may lose out to allow sub 2.08 laps )[/QUOTE
Old 1 Feb 2012, 15:36 (Ref:3019852)   #872
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
Excellent idea, make it the first round, double points, drop clipsal.
Hell no, leave it as a stand alone event and let them put it all on the line without championship ramifications.
Is there any bait on that hook scudd regarding Clipsal ?
Old 1 Feb 2012, 18:57 (Ref:3019922)   #873
scudd
Racer

Quote:
Hell no, leave it as a stand alone event and let them put it all on the line without championship ramifications.
Bait?

I've entered and the car goes from Bathurst straight to Adelaide so everything needs to go right.

It's a big ask.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 20:24 (Ref:3019960)   #874
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Reload, I think the 12hr would need to be part of the championship.
Old 1 Feb 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3019996)   #875
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm starting to understand your username now, a lot of emphasis on peck not so much on star.

Your comments are so far off the mark it is hilarious....clearly you have not been to a GT event in Victoria with car clubs marque very supportive of the GT cclass with bigger plans this year.