Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Jun 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3413707)   #4776
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Sam Collins now saying it's probably Ford in GTE... how boring
Ey? Just a few pages ago you were bemoaning the lack of diversity in GTE. Now, potentially, when a new manufacturers comes along, it's 'boring'?

Some folk are never happy. This is why I very rarely post here any more.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3413709)   #4777
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh, some of us are always happy.......
Old 1 Jun 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3413728)   #4778
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A Ford in GTE is massive news. I just hope (if it happens) it's a truly global programme rather than being tucked away in TUSC.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 13:17 (Ref:3413734)   #4779
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
A Ford in GTE is massive news. I just hope (if it happens) it's a truly global programme rather than being tucked away in TUSC.
Well I hope that they like using the aerodynamic brick that the Mustang is then unless they have another car coming up that we don't know about. If it is the Mustang could we see the return of a Turbo car to GT racing as the Ecoboost is an option on the new Mustang?
Old 1 Jun 2014, 14:57 (Ref:3413757)   #4780
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
Well I hope that they like using the aerodynamic brick that the Mustang is then unless they have another car coming up that we don't know about. If it is the Mustang could we see the return of a Turbo car to GT racing as the Ecoboost is an option on the new Mustang?
Haha a gte mustang with the 2.3 ecoboost 4 banger!
Old 1 Jun 2014, 16:36 (Ref:3413795)   #4781
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

With the new Mustang now being sold globally and even available in RHD I would imagine this will be more of an international exercise.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 16:55 (Ref:3413802)   #4782
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I've not been able to listen to RLM today, but from the lack of updates here I assume the big announcement has been further delayed? Can't see anything on DSC either.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 17:01 (Ref:3413804)   #4783
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Did not 100% listen RLM either but was the "big" reveal that they talked about it on RLM? At least at some point it seemed like there was going to be an actual announcement, by the manufacturer/team itself.

A delay? That would be the second one already. Doesn't make sense.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 17:05 (Ref:3413805)   #4784
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I don't think so, on this week's podcast they discussed the Ford/Honda rumours but mentioned this thing that-cannot-be-named separately. I may have to listen again to double-check.

Last edited by J Jay; 1 Jun 2014 at 17:25.
Old 1 Jun 2014, 17:24 (Ref:3413810)   #4785
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they are just riding the buzz of the Nissan announcement and just creating rumors to get more attentions,they're trolling the crap out of us..........nah they wouldn't do that to us..
Old 1 Jun 2014, 17:29 (Ref:3413811)   #4786
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
...and just creating rumors...
Wait a minute! I've got it! All of the pieces... a Ford rep has tarveled to Le Mans... a Ferrari driver is waving the start...

Ford finally bought Ferrari! Who needs Murphy the Bear!

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 1 Jun 2014, 19:47 (Ref:3413866)   #4787
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
I think they are just riding the buzz of the Nissan announcement and just creating rumors to get more attentions,they're trolling the crap out of us..........nah they wouldn't do that to us..
I don't think they are making anything up or setting out to deceive fans - far from it. But I think if you are going to make a lot of noise about a potential announcement, bolster your listening numbers and then nothing comes of it...

Okay things change and plans get put back - but I can see why some people are annoyed/cynical.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 00:56 (Ref:3413979)   #4788
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ford is working on a GT and a P2 for Le Mans 2016/17.(for the the specs that should start those years)

And that is why they are talking with ACO/FIA at the LM test to get an understanding of which way the rules will go(no big surprises!).
Old 2 Jun 2014, 01:52 (Ref:3413987)   #4789
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has there been any information on an Acura NSX GTE project? When they announced the road car it almost seemed like a done deal for 2015 (and I know that is not always the case).

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...ORTS/120329988
Old 2 Jun 2014, 03:28 (Ref:3414001)   #4790
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Has there been any information on an Acura NSX GTE project? When they announced the road car it almost seemed like a done deal for 2015 (and I know that is not always the case).

No place to race it next year,it's a hybrid.They wanted to race it before production model release.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 03:28 (Ref:3414002)   #4791
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post

My sensation is that they will build a hybrid GT3, when these are legal.
Here a new article. http://www.autoweek.com/article/2014...SCAR/140529807
Old 2 Jun 2014, 06:12 (Ref:3414036)   #4792
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So making a hybrid GT3 car is legal, but the problem is that it would get some headaches on the BoP that it might change the rules again, making hybrids illegal.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 06:45 (Ref:3414049)   #4793
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
Ford is working on a GT and a P2 for Le Mans 2016/17.(for the the specs that should start those years)

And that is why they are talking with ACO/FIA at the LM test to get an understanding of which way the rules will go(no big surprises!).
So is this post the official announcement rumoured for Le Mans test day?

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 2 Jun 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3414102)   #4794
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Manufacturer joining has got to be good – however, Ford have no global Motorsport programme – they need to be in in LMP1. Unless GTE was used as a stepping stone to LMP1. And who would be running/ funding the programme. Ford America, Ford of Europe?
Old 2 Jun 2014, 08:55 (Ref:3414109)   #4795
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ok clarification time: We have no specific information to a Ford LMP1 or GTE programme, we do have specific information pointing to a major Ford motorsport Project (we have covered this a number of times on the RCE site), A GTE project and/or F1 seems the most likely from what we have seen and been told.

We are also convinced of Cosworth involvement.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 09:20 (Ref:3414114)   #4796
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Thanks for that. A potential F1 venture would require huge resources compared to GTE even with what Cosworth already have/know, so I would assume in due time the scale (and thus the nature) of Ford's plans will be deduced.

Can you say anything about why the announcement didn't happen yesterday? I expect the answer to be no, but I'm just making sure
Old 2 Jun 2014, 09:30 (Ref:3414116)   #4797
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Sam would say more if he could/knew........

Oh and there is of course a dedicated thread on this - whatever it is!

Ford in Massive Sportscar Shocker!!!
Old 2 Jun 2014, 09:45 (Ref:3414126)   #4798
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
I did say as such, but the pedant in me had to ask!

Although I do prefer your nominal thread name to the current one ...
Old 2 Jun 2014, 11:52 (Ref:3414188)   #4799
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
Ok clarification time: We have no specific information to a Ford LMP1 or GTE programme, we do have specific information pointing to a major Ford motorsport Project (we have covered this a number of times on the RCE site), A GTE project and/or F1 seems the most likely from what we have seen and been told.

Thanks Sam. Much appreciated.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 12:48 (Ref:3414225)   #4800
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
Ok clarification time: We have no specific information to a Ford LMP1 or GTE programme, we do have specific information pointing to a major Ford motorsport Project[...]

IndyCar? Cosworth is rumoured to be preparing an IndyCar engine and while Ford expressed disinterest in doing IndyCar...well, never say never.