Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Oct 2012, 06:49 (Ref:3153204)   #76
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!

Sorry its a little late, been ill for a few days.

The Petit Le Mans Spotter Guide, supported by Ten-Tenths is now online and ready to download.

http://www.spotterguides.com/2012-almswec/

Special thanks to DSC photographer, Martin Spetz who supplied some reference images for me earlier this week from testing.

Thanks to EVERYONE who has downloaded the guide this year. Been a massive success. Will be back next year, hopefully with more guides if we can find sponsorship (hint, hint - get your brand into the hands of die-hard race fans)

Will be at PLM, so will only update if significant changes.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 12:24 (Ref:3153332)   #77
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Hope you feel better Andy, and this is another great job!
Old 17 Oct 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3153366)   #78
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon Andy's work should be included in every race programme mag ..... be great for newcomer's .

Nice work Andy .
Old 17 Oct 2012, 15:19 (Ref:3153378)   #79
JoeMaters
Racer

JoeMaters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post

The Petit Le Mans Spotter Guide, supported by Ten-Tenths is now online and ready to download.

Special thanks to DSC photographer, Martin Spetz who supplied some reference images for me earlier this week from testing.

Thanks to EVERYONE who has downloaded the guide this year. Been a massive success. Will be back next year, hopefully with more guides if we can find sponsorship (hint, hint - get your brand into the hands of die-hard race fans)

Eric Lux is Conquest third driver in case you want to edit the poster buddy!!
Old 17 Oct 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3153394)   #80
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Well Andy, you won't be the only ill ones at Road ATL this weekend. Myself and another in our group are under the weather. Doc gave me some cold meds that I shouldn't take with alcohol, so I am torn ATM as to what to do. Will be there tomorrow dosed up or knocked out, but will enjoy it either way.

Thanks for getting the guide done in your condition. Hope you get to feeling better!
Old 17 Oct 2012, 17:16 (Ref:3153440)   #81
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spotter's Guide looks great, Andy!

Well, it's a gorgeous day here at Road Atlanta. A couple hours ago the drivers gave a tour of the Falken paddock to a group of 10 Tenths members. It was great to meet everyone, and the discussion/Q&A was some of the best we've had all season in our tours. It was a fun group to have. Any other users that will be arriving later in the week are welcome to come by. We can't promise a tour, but it'd still be great to say hi.

We're getting ready for the first test session of the day. Like everyone else, we're not going to be looking for speed, but instead dialing in on the set up.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3153463)   #82
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
^^^^
It was great! Thanks so much!
Old 17 Oct 2012, 18:37 (Ref:3153481)   #83
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Well Andy, you won't be the only ill ones at Road ATL this weekend. Myself and another in our group are under the weather. Doc gave me some cold meds that I shouldn't take with alcohol, so I am torn ATM as to what to do. Will be there tomorrow dosed up or knocked out, but will enjoy it either way.

Thanks for getting the guide done in your condition. Hope you get to feeling better!
Not sure I understand your dilemma Jeremy?
Old 17 Oct 2012, 19:04 (Ref:3153494)   #84
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Text from a friend at the track says the Deltawang got into it with a GTC car and rolled somehow. Gunnar was in the car, apparently OK.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3153503)   #85
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pic: https://twitter.com/BJUNQUEIRA/statu...45835934494728

Looks like a big job at the very least. Wonder if they have the parts to rebuild...
Old 17 Oct 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3153507)   #86
Mindspin13B
Racer

United States
ATL
Mindspin13B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, was Scott Sharp driving for Highcroft when he crashed the Acura a few years ago at T3? They might have the experience.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3153515)   #87
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a bad hit. Car rolled and ended up upside down. I think they'll be OK, Dr. Don Panoz's Elan Motorsport Technologies are nearby.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 21:46 (Ref:3153579)   #88
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindspin13B View Post
Text from a friend at the track says the Deltawang got into it with a GTC car and rolled somehow. Gunnar was in the car, apparently OK.
More:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&type=1&ref=nf
Old 17 Oct 2012, 23:42 (Ref:3153617)   #89
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
As always, thank you for the effort! And, thank you also Martin.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 23:50 (Ref:3153621)   #90
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Not sure I understand your dilemma Jeremy?
I know, right. Feeling better now but I still got to pack everthing. Ah, there's worse things in life....
Old 17 Oct 2012, 23:54 (Ref:3153622)   #91
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindspin13B View Post
Wow, was Scott Sharp driving for Highcroft when he crashed the Acura a few years ago at T3? They might have the experience.
Yes he was. Don't think "crashed" is the word I'd use; Annihilated, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
That's a bad hit. Car rolled and ended up upside down. I think they'll be OK, Dr. Don Panoz's Elan Motorsport Technologies are nearby.
It will be a shame if they don't get it buttoned up. I was looking forward to seeing the creation in person; I guess there's still a chance. No better place to test the safety of a racing machine than Road ATL.
Old 17 Oct 2012, 23:56 (Ref:3153623)   #92
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post

Well, it's a gorgeous day here at Road Atlanta. A couple hours ago the drivers gave a tour of the Falken paddock to a group of 10 Tenths members. It was great to meet everyone, and the discussion/Q&A was some of the best we've had all season in our tours. It was a fun group to have. Any other users that will be arriving later in the week are welcome to come by. We can't promise a tour, but it'd still be great to say hi.

We're getting ready for the first test session of the day. Like everyone else, we're not going to be looking for speed, but instead dialing in on the set up.
Thanks, Kelly, that was fun and informative. Bryan was a good spokesman and guide. Great hearing the candid comments.

Not sure I can put the faces together with the names on the forum but we had a bunch of cameras so will eventually. You guys asked some very good questions.
Old 18 Oct 2012, 00:19 (Ref:3153632)   #93
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The best Viper time less than 1.0 s from fastest GT time. This track seems to suit the big snakes. Hopefully, they can make the distance and have an encouraging finish.

DK
Old 18 Oct 2012, 01:08 (Ref:3153639)   #94
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Video of the DeltaWing crash:
http://youtu.be/uW7qaG9K2_c

Sorry if this is a double-post, but I didn't see it looking through them quickly...
Old 18 Oct 2012, 01:08 (Ref:3153640)   #95
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
The best Viper time less than 1.0 s from fastest GT time. This track seems to suit the big snakes. Hopefully, they can make the distance and have an encouraging finish.

DK
Maybe the track suits them, or maybe the change in rear wing height and weight have something to do with it!
Old 18 Oct 2012, 02:34 (Ref:3153655)   #96
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Thanks, Kelly, that was fun and informative. Bryan was a good spokesman and guide. Great hearing the candid comments.

Not sure I can put the faces together with the names on the forum but we had a bunch of cameras so will eventually. You guys asked some very good questions.
x 2. Thank you Kelly! Very insightful.
Old 18 Oct 2012, 04:06 (Ref:3153674)   #97
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post

Thanks Falken ALMS. Ask Nick F to introduce me over the weekend, I will be hovering around the paddock
Old 18 Oct 2012, 04:07 (Ref:3153675)   #98
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Quote:

Thanks to SEATAC Airport wi-fi. The Spotter Guide has been updated with Level5, Comquest and JDX driver updates. Now to catch a plain to Atlanta
Old 18 Oct 2012, 04:13 (Ref:3153677)   #99
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
IMSA Performance Matmut on racing at Petit Le Mans in GTE Am:

http://www.imsa-performance.com/en/n...t-le-mans.html

First time they've raced over here and they sound excited about it, though their main goal is finish ahead of the AF Corse car.
Old 18 Oct 2012, 13:33 (Ref:3153868)   #100
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
It will be a shame if they don't get it buttoned up. I was looking forward to seeing the creation in person; I guess there's still a chance. No better place to test the safety of a racing machine than Road ATL.
Another reason I like to be sure to the track early. On more than one occasion, I've seen a one off entry eliminated during early testing and practice.

Interesting comment by Bryan Sellers when asked if the Delta Wing was hard to see? His reply, "No way! That thing looks like a jet landing!. It has lights all over it." I agree. Couldn't believe how bright those lights are.