Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Aug 2013, 22:25 (Ref:3285170)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2014 SCCA World Challenge

More GT3 cars are coming to the SCCA World Challenge:

Quote:
WC Vision announced today the approval of FIA GT3 cars running FIA approved aero packages for competition in the Pirelli World Challenge Championship Series starting in 2014.

There’s something like 14 manufacturers that can provide a turn-key car for the GT class
Old 3 Aug 2013, 00:14 (Ref:3285205)   #2
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Enter McLaren?

Great news for potential entries, but I cannot get excited about these events at most of the venues since they aligned with Indycar. And now Conti Challenge has a lock on most of the USCR venues.

WC is darned good sports car racing if you happen to be going to an Indy weekend, or if you happen to catch a replay weeks later.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 00:55 (Ref:3285221)   #3
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
PWC has always been entertaining. They aren't yet a headliner (though that may change if USCR continues to fumble) but as a support series, what's not to like? And now, the series is that much better.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 03:13 (Ref:3285254)   #4
David Land
Veteran

United States
Franklin, Indiana
David Land has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have to wonder if this is where the rumored Penske Porsches will be headed in 2015.

Do we think the SCCA could handle P1 machinery?
Old 3 Aug 2013, 04:49 (Ref:3285267)   #5
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post
I have to wonder if this is where the rumored Penske Porsches will be headed in 2015.

Absolutely not, and please don't make this a rumor. PWC is a GT series. Always has been, always will be.

GT sprint racing...it's a great show if they can figure out local yellow's a bit better.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 04:49 (Ref:3285268)   #6
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Land View Post

I don't think so... They can't even manage the Trans-Am Series right.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 08:12 (Ref:3285297)   #7
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDSM View Post
Absolutely not, and please don't make this a rumor. PWC is a GT series. Always has been, always will be.

GT sprint racing...it's a great show if they can figure out local yellow's a bit better.
If a rescue vehicle is on track in American sportscar racing that's a full course yellow.
It may disrupt the natural flow of the race but if it prevents the death of a safety marshal, that's fine by me.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3285361)   #8
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would have to say this would make a really good weekend deal for fans.

Penske,Ganassi,and maybe Andretti, could take their GT3 and Indy gear
to the same spot every weekend. That would be convenient.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 14:14 (Ref:3285373)   #9
4KQBOY
Rookie

4KQBOY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just hope WC comes back to Road Atlanta and/or VIR so I can see the series in person again
Old 3 Aug 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3285397)   #10
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4KQBOY View Post
I just hope WC comes back to Road Atlanta and/or VIR so I can see the series in person again
With a little marketing and promotion they could headline a weekend.
I think it would be great to headline some regional SCCA events.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3285420)   #11
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think they will ever be a headlining Sunday show..but a solid Saturday headliner..

I'd actually really enjoy a Blancpain setup, two 60-90 minute races Saturday and Sunday.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 3 Aug 2013, 17:08 (Ref:3285421)   #12
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4KQBOY View Post
I don't think they'll go to Road Atlanta now that NASCAR owns it.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3285424)   #13
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post

I'd actually really enjoy a Blancpain setup, two 60-90 minute races Saturday and Sunday.
That's not Blancpain, Blancpain does the 3 hour races/24h at Spa/1000k at the Nürburgring
Old 3 Aug 2013, 18:14 (Ref:3285430)   #14
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
That's not Blancpain, Blancpain does the 3 hour races/24h at Spa/1000k at the Nürburgring
Is it an 1000k race at the Ring this year?

I thought that was only in place for next year...

Aside from that, PWC should be that much more entertaining this year. I know people love to complain about all the street circuits like Houston, Toronto, Detroit, etc, but in my opinion, those are the best races to watch. I just hope they develop the schedule even more so that there is more room from regular road course tracks as well, like Road America, Road Atlanta, VIR, possibly a Sebring support race, etc.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 18:17 (Ref:3285431)   #15
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Is it an 1000k race at the Ring this year?

I thought that was only in place for next year...
Nope, already this year...
Old 3 Aug 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3285438)   #16
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Derp, sorry...I meant the way that FIA GT used to do it...two sprint races
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 3 Aug 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3285465)   #17
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
Mid-Ohio Race 1 rolls off in 30 minutes (17:10 GMT):

http://www.world-challengetv.com/
Old 3 Aug 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3285487)   #18
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
Ah sheesh... Not even GT cars in this race. Nevermind.
Old 5 Aug 2013, 04:40 (Ref:3285966)   #19
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
More GT3 cars are coming to the SCCA World Challenge:
Hopefully this will help PWC get a better TV package.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 5 Aug 2013, 05:53 (Ref:3285979)   #20
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Derp, sorry...I meant the way that FIA GT used to do it...two sprint races
The FIA GT Series still runs with the two race format. That was what the first poster thought blancpain was running.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 10:55 (Ref:3288747)   #21
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's hoping that there will be many GT3s entering into this series. With the mess at USCS, this might become the series in the states to follow.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 21:10 (Ref:3289000)   #22
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
Here's hoping that there will be many GT3s entering into this series. With the mess at USCS, this might become the series in the states to follow.
But the mess in USCR is with the prototypes. If you ignore the prototypes you still have the GTE cars, and the GTD cars should be pretty similar to PWC since they are allowing GT3 machinery.
And if you like endurance racing and classic events like Sebring, Daytona, Road Atlanta, racing into the night, driver changes, you won't get that with PWC.
I'm not knocking the series, I follow and like it a lot, but it's sprint races, with no headlining events.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3289031)   #23
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
But the mess in USCR is with the prototypes. If you ignore the prototypes you still have the GTE cars, and the GTD cars should be pretty similar to PWC since they are allowing GT3 machinery.
And if you like endurance racing and classic events like Sebring, Daytona, Road Atlanta, racing into the night, driver changes, you won't get that with PWC.
I'm not knocking the series, I follow and like it a lot, but it's sprint races, with no headlining events.
Don't forget that all FIAGT3 cars in USCR will strangled down to Porsche Cup speed, so PWC cars should be quite a lot faster
Old 10 Sep 2013, 18:31 (Ref:3301589)   #24
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Lime Rock and Mid-Ohio seem to have been dropped from the USCR calendar.

Also, it seems that Long Beach will only have the GT classes at the USCR race, and Detroit only the proto classes.

So I'm wondering, do you think that Lime Rock, Mid-Ohio, Long Beach and Detroit could have both Conti Challenge and SCCA World Challenge? (not to mention IndyCar and USCR at the latter two)
Old 10 Sep 2013, 20:52 (Ref:3301667)   #25
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Conti will follow USCR.
PWC has run on nascar owned track before, and I could see them at a spring event at road atlanta or at watkins glen. I wouldn't be surprised to see them as a headliner of a Fri-Sat meeting at Lime Rock if USCR did drop LRP. And if Baltimore is gone I fully expect to see them at Baltimore with Indycars. Especially since they seem to be Indy's support series lately.