Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

View Poll Results: Valentino Rossi's best win so far?
Donington 2001 (wins from 11th on the grid) 0 0%
Phillip Island 2001(beats Biaggi in a classic showdown) 1 10.00%
Suzuka 2002 (wins first time out on the Honda RCV in the wet) 0 0%
Phillip Island 2002(beats Barros by forcing him into a mistake) 0 0%
Brno 2003 (beats an on form Gibernau in a classic showdown) 0 0%
Phillip Island 2003 (beats Capirossi on the track by 15 seconds) 1 10.00%
Valencia 2003 (wins for the first time at his weakest track) 0 0%
Welkom 2004 (beats Biaggi and Honda first time out on the Yamaha M1) 6 60.00%
Other 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 May 2004, 19:53 (Ref:971227)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossi's best race win to date?

(I must admit that I haven't been following MotoGP that long - only since 2002, so I haven't seen Rossi race that much. Thus, I will stick with the race wins that I have seen/read about in detail)

What do you think was Valentino Rossi's best win so far?
Old 15 May 2004, 01:31 (Ref:971471)   #2
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
okay i said other because i'm thinking either,

a) Donnington 2000, first 500cc win (in the wet). or
b) Brno 2001, where max and vale lapped at record pace for like 12 laps and then max lost the front (everyone knows THAT shot, it was basically the win that won the championship).

2001 Grand Prix 500 - Round 10 - Brno - Quotes

Rossi - 1st - "It was a very difficult, and very important race for me today. I raced at my best and I'm very happy. After my bad result at the German GP I really needed this win and now I have the same points gap over Biaggi I would have had if I had not crashed 200 metres from the finish at Mugello. I knew Biaggi would be very dangerous in the first part of the race, trying very hard to open a gap, and for that reason we tried very hard in practice to get a front row start. I pushed very hard in the first laps, after making a good start, which was much better than is usual for me. I was third in the early laps behind Kenny Roberts and Biaggi but they were very fast and on lap three Biaggi set a new lap record at 2m 01.57s. That was probably the worst moment of the race for me. But I was able to run a similar time on the following lap. Finally on lap seven, after I had already passed Roberts, I made a lap at 2m 01.46s which is a really good lap time here. But Biaggi was maintaining a very fast pace and the race was hard. My intention was to hold second place behind him and eventually, at the end of the race, try to pass him when tyre performance was very poor, because in those conditions I usually do well. But after putting in two laps a little bit slower, Biaggi tried very hard again on lap 13 and lost the front end. At that moment I had a very big advantage over the other riders, so the race was easy. The only problem I had before the end was with a Bee that got into my helmet. I saw it and opened the visor and luckily it flew away. Now my advantage is 29 points over Biaggi but we still have six races to go. We have to stay concentrated and keep working as hard as we did this weekend. I'm very happy with the way the team helped me here."
Old 17 May 2004, 11:28 (Ref:973209)   #3
Pitbabe
Racer

England
Grove, Oxfordshire
Pitbabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to choose Welkom. To win, first time out, on an inferior bike, must count as the best of all time. The only rider in history to win back-to-back races on different makes of bike says it all, really. And he broke a couple more records that day, into the bargain. Amazing.

It was apparent from his slow down lap just how much Vale felt about it, too. Awesome!!