Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Mar 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3044159)   #1126
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Actions speak louder than words.

Hand was angry in the post race interview after someone (doesn't matter who) tried to wreck him on the last lap. The fact is that Hand didn't do anything wrong and completed a clean pass in Sunset for what he thought was the race win. If I were in his shoes I might not be so polite.

On the other hand, you have Bruni who went bat **** crazy on track. In my 20+ years of following motorsport I can't remember seeing a more unsportsmanlike move. I'm not big on penalties but I believe one is justified here.
Hmmm we never got to see what he would have done, since 51s tire blow and couldn't make the last corrner. Hand said that if he didn't back off he would have put him in the wall
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3044160)   #1127
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
teh team will probably cover his bill since they told him to do it
Exactly. Despite him having the ability to ignore the team..Bruni could not have know that he was coming upon the lead battle unless the team told him...Though it was pretty low of Bruni. Good news is those Ferrari's will not be back on this side of the pond for the rest of the year.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 20:47 (Ref:3044179)   #1128
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I find it rather embarrassing for Falken and Flying Lizards that Paul Miller Racing was the highest-ranked Porsche in ALMS (and just a little behind the Felbermayer Porsche IIRC). Even if they weren't the fastest, they were very consistent (and beat out the #44 Flying Lizard)
Old 18 Mar 2012, 20:49 (Ref:3044181)   #1129
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
I find it rather embarrassing for Falken and Flying Lizards that Paul Miller Racing was the highest-ranked Porsche in ALMS (and just a little behind the Felbermayer Porsche IIRC). Even if they weren't the fastest, they were very consistent (and beat out the #44 Flying Lizard)
Top Porsche was #77 Felbermayr Proton in 4th (combined GTE), Paul Miller Racing was 3 laps down and one place behind, Lizards 44 another place down on the same lap. The 45 would have probably been up with the 77 though had it not been for the mess-up before T17, and it's not hard to beat the 44 when Seth is driving.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3044199)   #1130
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Great job by Peugeot! 9th in LMPC!

PS: Does anyone have a video of what happened during the formation lap?
Wonder what the rationale behind that one was...
Old 18 Mar 2012, 21:55 (Ref:3044216)   #1131
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just trawling back through DSC trying to work out what happened. Didn't have benefit of T&S and watched the race on delay.

The Signatech LMP2 and Melo in the Luxury 458 both went off hard on oil in hour 3. Didn't hear any mention of this? Can't find any footage either of what seems to have been a significant moment. Anything out there?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 22:08 (Ref:3044223)   #1132
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
In 2011 the factory Peugeots ran with start number 7 and 8.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 00:02 (Ref:3044295)   #1133
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I remember watching the race and laughing so hard at the final standings. When they showed the P1 standings, Corvette Racing somehow finished 2nd overall!
Old 19 Mar 2012, 00:31 (Ref:3044314)   #1134
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
I remember watching the race and laughing so hard at the final standings. When they showed the P1 standings, Corvette Racing somehow finished 2nd overall!
Twas class act Anyone else think that the ESPN3 coverage left a little something to be desired?
Old 19 Mar 2012, 01:41 (Ref:3044360)   #1135
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Just trawling back through DSC trying to work out what happened. Didn't have benefit of T&S and watched the race on delay.

The Signatech LMP2 and Melo in the Luxury 458 both went off hard on oil in hour 3. Didn't hear any mention of this? Can't find any footage either of what seems to have been a significant moment. Anything out there?
Not sure if theres footage. Basically there was oil like you said. The Signatech car went off first but then the 59 Ferrari absolutely destroyed the Signatech car with hitting it backwards. It was a big hit that took out two cars that were big contenders for there class wins.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 01:46 (Ref:3044365)   #1136
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Camera workers weren't that great, and the drift guy had zero personality. I almost got embarrassed for him when they would cut to him. Almost painful to hear lol
Old 19 Mar 2012, 02:05 (Ref:3044371)   #1137
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Not sure if theres footage. Basically there was oil like you said. The Signatech car went off first but then the 59 Ferrari absolutely destroyed the Signatech car with hitting it backwards. It was a big hit that took out two cars that were big contenders for there class wins.
They did show a replay of the crash, but not what caused the initial oil-down. The JRM HPD and a couple other cars ran wide also, but kept going.

Didn't see the crash on Youtube, will post if I find it.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 13:22 (Ref:3044625)   #1138
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
I know that Audi, Aston Martin, Nissan DeltaWing, Dyson and Project Libra will test at Sebring this week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ChrisDyson16
@GUYSMITH16 I am going out to hit some bumps and get jostled again #atleastitisnottheshortcourse2xdays
Quote:
Originally Posted by @DarrenTurner007
Now I think I've been round Sebring enough in the last week but only two more days of testing to go!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by @adrianf007
Early to the track again testing today and tomorrow, wish you all a great week, best regards to all
Any other teams? Would Johnny Mowlem be testing for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by @johnnymowlem
Getting ready for more testing tomorrow at Sebring. Looking forward to it :-)

Last edited by gwyllion; 19 Mar 2012 at 13:35.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 13:43 (Ref:3044637)   #1139
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
Any other teams? Would Johnny Mowlem be testing for?
AJR Lotus?
Old 19 Mar 2012, 13:46 (Ref:3044640)   #1140
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Twas class act Anyone else think that the ESPN3 coverage left a little something to be desired?
It was bad, real bad. The Live timing didn't work 2/3 of the time, the cuts missed practically everything, and god the pit reporting was atrocious.

I'm not sure who the Japanese drifter guy was, nor why he was a pit reporter, but good lord. I'm not going to attack the guy personally, since I'm pretty sure English is not his first language, but why in god's name would you make him a pit reporter? Between barely any grasp of the language, and a mumbled-muted speaking tone where you could barely hear the guy, it blows my mind why he would be in front of a camera on an english-language american broadcast. It was almost uncomfortable watching the drivers squirm while they tried to understand just what he was asking.

It was kinda nice only seeing 3 minutes of commercials every hour, granted, when those 3 minutes were the same three commercials, that doesn't bode well for the series. Way to sell that sponsor value.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 13:55 (Ref:3044646)   #1141
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
One thing that ****ed me off during the race, was Corvette shameless add.

The one stating how they had to detune their engine to race against Ferraris and Porsches just to be fair....What they fail to mention is that they also begged and whined to FIA/ACO to get performance upgrades cause they were getting slaughtered by Porsche and Ferrari.

*on another note, I read an article in Racecar engineer explaining why the 'vettes won le mans... Something about faster average laptimes, and less time in the pitts...the article totaly disregarded that that ferrari had an engine problem for the last few hours and that was the reason for the slower laptimes.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 14:12 (Ref:3044656)   #1142
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
AJR Lotus?
Good call. John Dagys seems to think so as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by @johndagys
@johnnymowlem what will you be testing? The Evora?
Old 19 Mar 2012, 15:31 (Ref:3044704)   #1143
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Race report by Allan McNish: http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...cnish-sebring/
Race report by Andrew Cotton: http://www.racecar-engineering.com/b...-hours-report/
Old 19 Mar 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3044717)   #1144
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
nice articles,

The racecar engineers article mentions e10 and e85 fuels...whitch one has an advantage, if there is any, considering E10 fuels get 2% larger restrictions
Old 19 Mar 2012, 16:14 (Ref:3044718)   #1145
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
E85 makes more power, but has less range, hence the larger fuel tank. Most WEC entires at PLM last year and apparently Sebring this year got waivers allowing them to use E85 for the NA rounds.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3044777)   #1146
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
I know that Audi, Aston Martin, Nissan DeltaWing, Dyson and Project Libra will test at Sebring this week.
The first updates on twitter about the ongoing test:
Quote:
Busy day testing at Sebring today. Audi is out with four cars, including two new R18 e-tron quattro hybrids, as well as DeltaWing & Aston
Quote:
For those asking me about lap times, etc from Sebring test today.. I'm not there, so I don't have any detailed info. Sorry.
Quote:
@mikejuergens of QuattroWorld is down at Sebring test and tells me DeltaWing just stopped on track and had to be towed in
Quote:
Originally Posted by @highcroftracing
@johndagys @mikejuergens That's why we test in Sebring - to beat it to pieces to see what breaks. Fixing a driveshaft now. Back soon. #lm24
Quote:
Mike also tells me the louver cut-outs on e-tron are very sculpted and unlike the other LMP1s. Will have photos this afternoon @mikejuergens
Quote:
Originally Posted by @AdrianF007
Continuing testing at Sebring, we plan to do another 12hrs, just drove 2 and the more I drive the GT the better I feel @LowesRacing

Last edited by gwyllion; 19 Mar 2012 at 18:15.
Old 19 Mar 2012, 22:22 (Ref:3044958)   #1147
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer
How many last lap battles have we seen in GT?

Sebring 2012
Sebring 2007
Petit 2010
Laguna Seca 2010?

Petit Le Mans 2011
Laguna Seca 2011

Mid-Ohio 2011 was crazy, but I'm not sure whether I'd call it a battle

Sadly, I only started watching last year, so I don't know anything else other than the ones already mentioned.

I think that Scott Atherton should take this fantastic end of race and do TV commercials, and put this commercials on the most watched programs of the TV. I believe that there are a lot of people do not know the ALMS and this commercials could attract more audience.
I imagine that the commercial should start with: These are the cars of your dreams, Ferrari, Corvette, BMW, Porsche Racing. No racing, fighting!!!!. After 12 hours this is the last lap.
And in the end of the commercial put this is the ALMS, the date of the next race and of course the internet site.
And then will do commercials for all of fantastic end of race.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 00:38 (Ref:3045043)   #1148
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post

I think that Scott Atherton should take this fantastic end of race and do TV commercials, and put this commercials on the most watched programs of the TV. I believe that there are a lot of people do not know the ALMS and this commercials could attract more audience.
I imagine that the commercial should start with: These are the cars of your dreams, Ferrari, Corvette, BMW, Porsche Racing. No racing, fighting!!!!. After 12 hours this is the last lap.
And in the end of the commercial put this is the ALMS, the date of the next race and of course the internet site.
And then will do commercials for all of fantastic end of race.
This is a marketing strategy that makes sense and (gasp) actually requires some of Don's cash to be spent on something that might actually benefit the ALMS, which means nothing like this will probably ever happen sadly.

Good idea though.
Old 20 Mar 2012, 00:46 (Ref:3045046)   #1149
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
does anybody know where to find the official WEC results from Sebring?

The fiawec.com site has none, but it has a link to lemans.org which has standings after Sebring but not race results
Old 20 Mar 2012, 00:51 (Ref:3045051)   #1150
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
ALMS result: http://imsaracing.net/2012/events/se...nal%20Race.pdf
combined ALMS-WEC result: http://americanlemans.com/sites/defa...ial%20Race.pdf