Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:53 (Ref:3043616)   #1051
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Gianmaria Bruni..........The assailant.
It was Bruni in the library with the candlestick on Colonel Mustard!!!
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:55 (Ref:3043617)   #1052
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Notice how Dirk Mueller and Jon Summerton where not around for the interviews? Im going to assume they where the first guys to race control to complain. I did not expect that fron Gimmi Bruni. I did not know he was that kind of guy.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:55 (Ref:3043618)   #1053
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
If Berretta had done it it still woulda been classless, as that was a 0% maneuver/pass.
I'd like to see you try and be calm after 12h of racing and some idiot tries to steal the win from you by cheating
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:56 (Ref:3043619)   #1054
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If Berretta had done it it still woulda been classless, as that was a 0% maneuver/pass.
But it's understandable as a last ditch attempt, classless as it may be. What the hell was Bruni doing? He was 100 laps down, he has zero reason to be there.

Why do I feel that people are going to start ripping on Ferrari drivers, especially after Le Mans 2011...
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:57 (Ref:3043620)   #1055
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Ferrari has proven that it has the pace to win, and the less fuel consumption, after the fiasco they had at the start with the two best cas droping out, they should have been satisfied by 2nd....
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 02:59 (Ref:3043622)   #1056
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
The replay will likely appear here soon: http://www.youtube.com/user/MT89MotorsportMedia/videos
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:00 (Ref:3043623)   #1057
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
I'd like to see you try and be calm after 12h of racing and some idiot tries to steal the win from you by cheating
... I was basically pardoning Hand for his comments. What are you referring to? I am angry and I was not even racing and I didn't even have a strong preference for a winner!

I wanted to see Berretta pull it off nice and clean to be honest, but I was not that invested. I wanted to see good racing, and we mostly got it except for that last lap.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:04 (Ref:3043626)   #1058
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I can't see how anybody can blame Joey. Even on the TV pictures it was pretty much impossible to see what happened so how was he supposed to know?

He was still rather polite given what just went down..and what he said can be transferred to the #51 anyways.. in fact, it's actually a much dirtier move. If Beretta had done it it would have been out of desperation...what Bruni did was just straight up gamesmanship of the ugliest kind.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:05 (Ref:3043628)   #1059
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
... I was basically pardoning Hand for his comments. What are you referring to? I am angry and I was not even racing and I didn't even have a strong preference for a winner!

I wanted to see Berretta pull it off nice and clean to be honest, but I was not that invested. I wanted to see good racing, and we mostly got it except for that last lap.
I think you might have edited your post, if not I am sorry I have no idea why I posted that
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:07 (Ref:3043630)   #1060
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many last lap battles have we seen in GT?

Sebring 2012
Sebring 2007
Petit 2010
Laguna Seca 2010?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:08 (Ref:3043631)   #1061
Razgriz8484
Rookie

Razgriz8484 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruni gonna lose his factory status and Beretta re-place him?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:09 (Ref:3043632)   #1062
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz8484 View Post
Bruni gonna lose his factory status and Beretta re-place him?
don;t think so, cause I have a sneaky fealing the Factory made him do what he did...
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:09 (Ref:3043633)   #1063
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Beretta would not have passed there. We saw the Ferrari absolutely carving time on the brakes in T17. That's where he would have tried to make the move. He would have been unbelievably late on the brakes.

Bruni's move makes Jamie Melo look good.....That was god awful for a 90 lap down car.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:10 (Ref:3043634)   #1064
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think you might have edited your post, if not I am sorry I have no idea why I posted that
I don't think I did...

Anyways, it's cool.

Very exciting finale!
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:10 (Ref:3043635)   #1065
Articus
Veteran

Quote:
don;t think so, cause I have a sneaky fealing the Factory made him do what he did...
There maybe something to this.... First the Krohn Ferrari refused to move out the way of the BMW. Then Bruni pulled a kamikaze on him...

Clearly Bruni still has a bone to pick with Melo after then spat in '09? He wants to outqualify him(succeeded at Petit and Sebring) and he wants to trump him with bodacious moves on the final lap. He wins.

Im glad the BMW didnt lose it like that. Boy the blood is flowing now! What a scintillating/messy finish.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:11 (Ref:3043636)   #1066
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Beretta would not have passed there. We say the Ferrari absolutely carving time on the brakes in T17. That's where he would have tried to make the move. He would have been unbelievably late on the brakes.

Bruni's move makes Jamie Melo look good.....That was god awful for a 90 lap down car.
Melo was fighting for the win, (after being penalised for his crewmember not wearing friking gogles I might add) and made a move that is both legal, and promoted by the Series.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:12 (Ref:3043637)   #1067
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Melo was fighting for the win, (after being penalised for his crewmember not wearing friking gogles I might add) and made a move that is both legal, and promoted by the Series.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:12 (Ref:3043638)   #1068
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
BTW as it can be seen in the video Beretta was noWhere close enough to pass anywhere in the last lap before bruni pulled his stunt
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:13 (Ref:3043640)   #1069
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Its on the front page of alms.com site, and the first video they featured I might add
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:14 (Ref:3043641)   #1070
Ultimo
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Beretta would not have passed there. We saw the Ferrari absolutely carving time on the brakes in T17. That's where he would have tried to make the move. He would have been unbelievably late on the brakes.

Quote:
There maybe something to this.... First the Krohn Ferrari refused to move out the way of the BMW. Then Bruni pulled a kamikaze on him...
Agreed on all points. I was thinking shame on Bruni, but someone at Ferrari may have told him to do what he did.

That doesn't mean he had to do it...
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:16 (Ref:3043643)   #1071
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I can't see how anybody can blame Joey. Even on the TV pictures it was pretty much impossible to see what happened so how was he supposed to know?

He was still rather polite given what just went down..and what he said can be transferred to the #51 anyways.. in fact, it's actually a much dirtier move. If Beretta had done it it would have been out of desperation...what Bruni did was just straight up gamesmanship of the ugliest kind.
Most, including Hindy and Shaw thought it was the 71. Obvious Joey too as he didn't just let the 51 go.

I was one of the few that saw it was the 51 and was yelling at Joey to let him by.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:16 (Ref:3043644)   #1072
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
don't think the krohn car had anything to do with it, thy were doing stuf like that all through the race, they just had no clue who was infront who was behind...etc. and eve so, I don;t think tracy would have takem orders from ferrari
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:17 (Ref:3043645)   #1073
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
Most, including Hindy and Shaw thought it was the 71. Obvious Joey too as he didn't just let the 51 go.

I was one of the few that saw it was the 51 and was yelling at Joey to let him by.
yeah they were confuesd by the huge 51 plate staring at them on the side of that ferrari.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:18 (Ref:3043646)   #1074
Ultimo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
Why would Joey let the 51 by?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:20 (Ref:3043648)   #1075
Articus
Veteran

^the 51 was laps down and much faster. Just let it go. But then he may fear that the 51 would would block him to allow the 71 to catch up.

Im just at a loss of an explanation as to why Bruni would do that. I thought he was so much better than that. So I will pretty much buy any story that means he did not make the decision for himself to spin the 56.. I clearly have bad taste in drivers. I enjoyed watching Melo until he cracked. Now this happens with Bruni.