Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:20 (Ref:3043649)   #1076
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
Why would Joey let the 51 by?
*technicly, the 51 was the faster car on the track, and the rules state that cars can unlap themselves...
*also he could have avoided the grief....
*but then again he thought it was the 71
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:20 (Ref:3043650)   #1077
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
Why would Joey let the 51 by?
Why try to fight off a driver 90 laps down acting like an idiot?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:20 (Ref:3043651)   #1078
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was actually hard to pick out the numbers on the doors in the shots we got for TV, I only realised it was the 51 when it bunted the BMW off the track.....
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:21 (Ref:3043652)   #1079
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
It was actually hard to pick out the numbers on the doors in the shots we got for TV, I only realised it was the 51 when it bunted the BMW off the track.....
I got it right away...but then again I prety much only watched the ferraris
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:22 (Ref:3043653)   #1080
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I did not even see it until they showed the replay. Joey thought it was the 71 car. He thought Beretta tried to wreck him.

Then he had some choice comments afterwards about Beretta? When has Beretta ever been on Joey's bad side? I do not recall them banging fenders at all last season.

Btw. Awesome save by Joey. He was practically 80 degrees sideways and on the dirt and still managed to save that one.

Gonna stay up a little while longer to cheer on the Ice Man in the opening round in Melbourne for F1! Action packed weekend of racing.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:35 (Ref:3043661)   #1081
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
Its on the front page of alms.com site, and the first video they featured I might add
Which is pretty lame imo, no need to encourage people to do stuff like that.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:44 (Ref:3043664)   #1082
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For some reason ALMS advertising crew believes the only way to get people to notice is to show crashes or near crashes. There was this one commercial that kept airing all race long talking about the excitment of ALMS and the background was just a montage of wrecks, spins etc from last season and 2010...
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:54 (Ref:3043667)   #1083
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
How many last lap battles have we seen in GT?

Sebring 2012
Sebring 2007
Petit 2010
Laguna Seca 2010?
Petit Le Mans 2011
Laguna Seca 2011

Mid-Ohio 2011 was crazy, but I'm not sure whether I'd call it a battle

Sadly, I only started watching last year, so I don't know anything else other than the ones already mentioned.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 03:59 (Ref:3043669)   #1084
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
Watch the end of the second to last lap where Bruni in the 51 is visibly trying to slow Joey down the front straight (trying to get the 71 to catch up). Then you'll know why Joey wanted by.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 04:25 (Ref:3043679)   #1085
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Petit Le Mans 2011
Laguna Seca 2011

Mid-Ohio 2011 was crazy, but I'm not sure whether I'd call it a battle

Sadly, I only started watching last year, so I don't know anything else other than the ones already mentioned.
Torrents are your friend.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 04:40 (Ref:3043682)   #1086
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
Torrents are your friend.
Wouldn't mind watching some 2005-2006 endurance racing and ALMS if you can point me in the right direction
Old 18 Mar 2012, 04:53 (Ref:3043685)   #1087
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
I wasn't aware that Bruni was faster at that point than Hand. I thought he was slower and just making a dick move to hit him and let his team mate take the win.

Turns out I was probably right about the latter...
Old 18 Mar 2012, 08:10 (Ref:3043741)   #1088
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Hey Bruni was faster, he even passed the BMW a few corrners beffore the incident, then slowed down to make him slow down, then when the BMW passed him he put it to the grass.... I guess its been done before, by Peugeuts, and Audis...but I thoght GTs were made of better stuff.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3043788)   #1089
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Joey is a damn legend. I am a fan now.
He's a bloody richard head for saying that .
Old 18 Mar 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3043790)   #1090
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
They'll probably all get warnings, and probations...AF corse for pulling that team BS, and Hand for actualy admiting he would have put someone into the wall
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3043794)   #1091
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I think its great to see Aston get a podium in GT-E, I wasnt expecting that straight off the bat for them, hopefully it bodes well for the rest of the season.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:03 (Ref:3043795)   #1092
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Farnbacher for smacking the Lizard before they passed the start/finish line .

Bruni .....

Beretta .....
Old 18 Mar 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3043803)   #1093
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I can't see how anybody can blame Joey.
Quite simple ..... for publicly stating his intentions on TV and radio . Like Salo did a few years ago . Leave it unsaid and if it happens , explain it away as an accident and no one would ever know the differance .

Now , people know he is prepared to take someone out if they mess with him , which would leave him liable if he caused injury or death . How that would leave the team I dont know .

Thats not saying others dont do similar , but they dont broadcast the intent .

There is a big differance between spontaneous and premeditated , even in law .
Old 18 Mar 2012, 13:53 (Ref:3043902)   #1094
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Farnbacher for smacking the Lizard before they passed the start/finish line .

Bruni .....

Beretta .....
It's a series with a focus primarily on amatuer drivers, what do you expect?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 14:30 (Ref:3043910)   #1095
The Badger
Veteran

Not that bloody amatuer !!!

Farnbacher is no amatuer , and I would expect better from him . Interested in hearing what he has to say about it .
Old 18 Mar 2012, 14:33 (Ref:3043911)   #1096
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Farnbacher is no amatuer , and I would expect better from him . Interested in hearing what he has to say about it .
He did say something about it, and apparently he said that it was the same kind of circumstances as the horrendous mess-up at the start of the Ricard LMS race last year. One of the DSC hour-by-hour reports mentions that he did actually go to the Lizards garage in order to apologize, which would be absolutely the right thing to do.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3043917)   #1097
Coopz21 x
Rookie

England
South West, UK
Coopz21 x has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
BMW's shocked me i thought after qualifying they wouldnt do much but wow, im still annoyed at the Ferrari's :/
Old 18 Mar 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3043920)   #1098
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Not that bloody amatuer !!!

And Bruni is a former F1 driver, doesn't change the rank amateur driving I saw yesterday.

People love to slag on Grand Am as orienting itself towards "gentleman" racers, but the driving skills and level of racecraft they display is light years ahead of the nonsense I've seen in the ALMS/ILMC/WEC the past 2 years or so. I'm not even talking about the bonehead "zero percent" pass attempts and such, just the overall lack of awareness and positioning on the drivers is amazing. The pace and technique of the GTC and PC guys would put them mid pack in your average BMWCCA or NASA club race, having them on track with LMP1 cars, with frankly, questionable drivers in their own right is insane.

As bad as those guys are, the GT-AM class is a sight to behold. I don't think I've ever seen a more dangerous group of clueless jackwagons out there. Seriously, when Tracy Krohn is an example of one of the *better* drivers in that class, you have a fundamental problem.

I'm not sure if it's the evolution of the current GT cars to where visibility is practically nonexistant and everyone relies on a myopic video camera as opposed to mirrors and spatial awareness, or just the state of the current level of driving talent, but it is really amazing to watch the absolute bonehead moves out there in traffic.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3043930)   #1099
Coopz21 x
Rookie

England
South West, UK
Coopz21 x has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
And Bruni is a former F1 driver, doesn't change the rank amateur driving I saw yesterday.

People love to slag on Grand Am as orienting itself towards "gentleman" racers, but the driving skills and level of racecraft they display is light years ahead of the nonsense I've seen in the ALMS/ILMC/WEC the past 2 years or so. I'm not even talking about the bonehead "zero percent" pass attempts and such, just the overall lack of awareness and positioning on the drivers is amazing. The pace and technique of the GTC and PC guys would put them mid pack in your average BMWCCA or NASA club race, having them on track with LMP1 cars, with frankly, questionable drivers in their own right is insane.

As bad as those guys are, the GT-AM class is a sight to behold. I don't think I've ever seen a more dangerous group of clueless jackwagons out there. Seriously, when Tracy Krohn is an example of one of the *better* drivers in that class, you have a fundamental problem.

I'm not sure if it's the evolution of the current GT cars to where visibility is practically nonexistant and everyone relies on a myopic video camera as opposed to mirrors and spatial awareness, or just the state of the current level of driving talent, but it is really amazing to watch the absolute bonehead moves out there in traffic.
I agree to a certain extent... some drivers in ALMS are just terrible, Beretta..... Bruni... Millner, infact most of the Vette drivers are just silly which is annoying because i love the Vette's...
Old 18 Mar 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3043937)   #1100
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
He did say something about it, and apparently he said that it was the same kind of circumstances as the horrendous mess-up at the start of the Ricard LMS race last year. One of the DSC hour-by-hour reports mentions that he did actually go to the Lizards garage in order to apologize, which would be absolutely the right thing to do.
Right , fair dues to him . I didnt realise it was a screw up from the official side . Appologies to him .