Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Mar 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3043954)   #1101
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by picchiofan View Post
And Bruni is a former F1 driver, doesn't change the rank amateur driving I saw yesterday.

People love to slag on Grand Am as orienting itself towards "gentleman" racers, but the driving skills and level of racecraft they display is light years ahead of the nonsense I've seen in the ALMS/ILMC/WEC the past 2 years or so. I'm not even talking about the bonehead "zero percent" pass attempts and such, just the overall lack of awareness and positioning on the drivers is amazing. The pace and technique of the GTC and PC guys would put them mid pack in your average BMWCCA or NASA club race, having them on track with LMP1 cars, with frankly, questionable drivers in their own right is insane.

As bad as those guys are, the GT-AM class is a sight to behold. I don't think I've ever seen a more dangerous group of clueless jackwagons out there. Seriously, when Tracy Krohn is an example of one of the *better* drivers in that class, you have a fundamental problem.

I'm not sure if it's the evolution of the current GT cars to where visibility is practically nonexistant and everyone relies on a myopic video camera as opposed to mirrors and spatial awareness, or just the state of the current level of driving talent, but it is really amazing to watch the absolute bonehead moves out there in traffic.
The faster the cars, the less margin there is for error. I would suggest that the driving talent across all of the series you've mentioned is equally poor. A Grand Am GT is a bit easier to deal with than an ACO GT.. You get 64 cars on a grid, and the challenges become magnified due to traffic. I can't wait to see how a guy who has primarily been a Grand AM GS driver, with a couple of Grand AM GT races under his belt does behind last years Dyson Lola/Mazda.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:39 (Ref:3043988)   #1102
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
I can't wait to see how a guy who has primarily been a Grand AM GS driver, with a couple of Grand AM GT races under his belt does behind last years Dyson Lola/Mazda.
Paging Dr. Shepard!
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:40 (Ref:3043991)   #1103
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
Paging Dr. Shepard!
Wrong guy, the guy Foglehund is referring to is Michael Marsal.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 16:41 (Ref:3043992)   #1104
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The two hour montage show on ABC is horrible, they keep up with more crap like this and I don't know how much longer I will bother following the series aside from checking results online.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 17:00 (Ref:3044011)   #1105
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Finally finished watching the race. Didn't have any kind of problem with what Hand said afterwards. You hear that on a weekly basis in Nascar.

Funny to read back the last few pages and see how heated people get.

Was gutted for Muscle Milk who saw their race fall away just as they were in line to take second.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3044019)   #1106
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Wrong guy, the guy Foglehund is referring to is Michael Marsal.
details!
Old 18 Mar 2012, 17:15 (Ref:3044021)   #1107
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
details!
Sharing last year's Dyson Lola with Eric Lux (the American one) for the upcoming sprint races.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3044049)   #1108
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I understand that people could be offended by Joey's comments, but I don't see the need for so much hate being thrown his way, IMO. In one way he should been happy to win, and another absolutely livid at such utter classless driving by Bruni. After 3 and a half hours in the car and a battle on the last laps with a car 100 laps down, I'm sure I'd have some words to say to some POS who just tried to ruin all my hard work too if someone crammed a mic in my face and started to ask me questions as soon as I got out of the car.

Maybe he should have just walked over the Green Park and set something on fire to relive his stress.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 18:02 (Ref:3044055)   #1109
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
such utter classless driving by Bruni.
As opposed to Hand's Classless comments .

Look , the point is that he gobbed off on the TV and radio . If he had kept his cake hole shut , nobody would have known the differance and all negative publicity would have been avoided . As you can see from other numerous posts , many were not amused by the public admission .

Surely you can see that ?

And its got nothing to do with Bruni as the comment wasnt made against him . It was made against Beretta , and Hand wasnt even sure that it was beretta at the time .

Last edited by The Badger; 18 Mar 2012 at 18:09.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3044064)   #1110
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
At first I was irked by Hand. Then I thought of all the times people have sabotaged me in monopoly by trading boardwalk to the person with park place just to cut me out. I get livid when people screw up my board games. I could only imagine how upset I would be if I was on an international stage. While the GT battles were good I've got to say how much I really miss Peugeot; absolutely no competition at the front of the field, and I generally root for Audi. And ESPN3 going slide show mode for the last 5 minutes was awful too.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 18:22 (Ref:3044065)   #1111
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In other news involving BMW's and contact that affected outcomes. Joerg Mueller in the 155 BMW reportedly hit out of the way by Jan Magnussen in the 03 Corvette for third place in the final 2 laps.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 18:28 (Ref:3044067)   #1112
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Look , the point is that he gobbed off on the TV and radio . If he had kept his cake hole shut , nobody would have known the differance and all negative publicity would have been avoided . As you can see from other numerous posts , many were not amused by the public admission .

And its got nothing to do with Bruni as the comment wasnt made against him . It was made against Beretta , and Hand wasnt even sure that it was beretta at the time .
Really don't see what the big deal is. Is this genuinely the first time you've heard a driver say something like this?

I found it much better than the usual predictable deluge that comes out of Hand's mouth thanking everyone under the sun. The whole reason TV people try to interview drivers straight away is to get raw emotional responses. You can't then start crying when you get something resembling that.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 18:36 (Ref:3044072)   #1113
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I found it much better than the usual predictable deluge that comes out of Hand's mouth thanking everyone under the sun. The whole reason TV people try to interview drivers straight away is to get raw emotional responses. You can't then start crying when you get something resembling that.
Actually I'd prefer it if they waited 5 minutes before interviewing any driver that just got out of the car, precisely for that reason. That way the chance that what they're saying actually makes sense would be much higher.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 18:38 (Ref:3044075)   #1114
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Actually I'd prefer it if they waited 5 minutes before interviewing any driver that just got out of the car, precisely for that reason. That way the chance that what they're saying actually makes sense would be much higher.
Reopening a can of worms here, but... Anthony Davidson, Le Mans 2010, Sunday morning, interviewed by Speed and RLM after a quadruple stint of 110% driving and a crash with a Corvette? Think he was out of the car for about 10-15 min before the interviews, didn't change the tone. If you really want a calm interview from a racing driver after something controversial on track, you should probably leave that driver to calm down for about 24 hours.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 18:44 (Ref:3044080)   #1115
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
^That's my point. Comments made in the heat of the moment need to be taken with a grain of salt and some people need to lighten up. Just words.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 19:03 (Ref:3044094)   #1116
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Really don't see what the big deal is. Is this genuinely the first time you've heard a driver say something like this?
No , but when it happens , they go down in my estimation .
Old 18 Mar 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3044096)   #1117
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
^That's my point. Comments made in the heat of the moment need to be taken with a grain of salt and some people need to lighten up. Just words.
And there are cases of drivers saying what they intended to do , on Radio and then doing it too . Not always taken with a pinch of salt .

Salo said he would take Enge out , and proceded to do just that . So , your point doesnt stand .
Old 18 Mar 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3044103)   #1118
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
And there are cases of drivers saying what they intended to do , on Radio and then doing it too . Not always taken with a pinch of salt .

Salo said he would take Enge out , and proceded to do just that . So , your point doesnt stand .
You have a valid point about Salo and Enge but that is beside the point.

If Joey acts upon them later then, yes, I have no point, but as it is right now, they're only words.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 19:24 (Ref:3044107)   #1119
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't know if it has been mentioned, but #51 has been excluded (even though they wouldn't have been classified) and given a €15000 fine.

Tom.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3044109)   #1120
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Don't know if it has been mentioned, but #51 has been excluded (even though they wouldn't have been classified) and given a €15000 fine.
Is it the team or Bruni who cops that fine? I read it was Bruni?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 19:28 (Ref:3044110)   #1121
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post

Tom.
Good.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 19:39 (Ref:3044122)   #1122
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
teh team will probably cover his bill since they told him to do it
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3044123)   #1123
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Is it the team or Bruni who cops that fine? I read it was Bruni?
I have heard the same too, but I guess the team will pay it.

Tom.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3044156)   #1124
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Actions speak louder than words.

Hand was angry in the post race interview after someone (doesn't matter who) tried to wreck him on the last lap. The fact is that Hand didn't do anything wrong and completed a clean pass in Sunset for what he thought was the race win. If I were in his shoes I might not be so polite.

On the other hand, you have Bruni who went bat **** crazy on track. In my 20+ years of following motorsport I can't remember seeing a more unsportsmanlike move. I'm not big on penalties but I believe one is justified here.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3044157)   #1125
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

That didn't happen here, so your point doesn't hold water.