Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 26 Nov 2014, 18:05 (Ref:3478966)   #551
Michael Webster
Rookie

Michael Webster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant007 View Post
I dont think so as he just would have said that Chunterer, even in the Txt we talked about Ric funnily enough, so I would say Definatley not.

He did say specifically that it was going back to BTCC spec yes so I guess your right sport
Hi All. I'm ashamed to say I've been watching this topic for a while now but not really had much to add. It's clear you guy's know your stuff when it comes to GP1 Capri's. We have CC3 here and as noted above it will be returned back to MKII BTCC Spec. I have managed to get all the body panels I need to achieve this (which was a worry) so now only need the time. Taking up all my time (and money) at the moment is a MKI Capri with the Ferguson conversion. When this is finished we will make a start on CC3. In the meantime I will be watching this topic with interest.
Old 26 Nov 2014, 21:21 (Ref:3479056)   #552
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good stuff. Not sure what tge condition of the chassis is, but you are headung into a labour of love. Keep going and let's see it back on track.
Old 26 Nov 2014, 23:48 (Ref:3479104)   #553
Grant007
Rookie

Grant007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Webster View Post
Hi All. I'm ashamed to say I've been watching this topic for a while now but not really had much to add. It's clear you guy's know your stuff when it comes to GP1 Capri's. We have CC3 here and as noted above it will be returned back to MKII BTCC Spec. I have managed to get all the body panels I need to achieve this (which was a worry) so now only need the time. Taking up all my time (and money) at the moment is a MKI Capri with the Ferguson conversion. When this is finished we will make a start on CC3. In the meantime I will be watching this topic with interest.
Oh Wow, Hi Michael
That is so interesting, I have a been an anorak all my life with everything, I have a stong love for Jensen's including the FF which also used the Furguson Forumula 4 wheel set up as I am sure you are aware, very interesting you are working on that Furguson Capri
Have you a clooection of Capri's then? thank you for letting us know and I wish you all the best with them including CC3
With my regards
Grant
Old 27 Nov 2014, 11:32 (Ref:3479234)   #554
Michael Webster
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant007 View Post
Oh Wow, Hi Michael
That is so interesting, I have a been an anorak all my life with everything, I have a stong love for Jensen's including the FF which also used the Furguson Forumula 4 wheel set up as I am sure you are aware, very interesting you are working on that Furguson Capri
Have you a clooection of Capri's then? thank you for letting us know and I wish you all the best with them including CC3
With my regards
Grant
Hi Peter and Grant, Peter the shell is in good shape with very little or no rust issues. As you can imagine it has been developed to keep it competitive and here is were the work is.

Grant the Jenson, unfortunately was a car I could only aspire to. Fantastic tourer even in 2WD I would have thought!
I wouldn't describe the cars we have as a collection (sounds far too grand) we have a few MKI's the CC car and a couple of MKIII's.

Thanks for your interest and I will keep you informed of CC3's progress when we get started.
Old 6 Dec 2014, 18:13 (Ref:3482543)   #555
Michael Webster
Rookie

Sorry to go back to a post that was made a while back but I have just been looking again at the image GBRM attached. It looks like a MKIII until you notice the chrome window trim and chrome door handle - great image, thanks for posting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRM View Post
Looks like the car my late father shared with Jeff at Spa in '78 but I only have b&w photos of it.
Old 7 Dec 2014, 14:57 (Ref:3482891)   #556
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The early CC cars were MkII with updated panels. This was due to a lack of complete chassis for the 78 season.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 21:50 (Ref:3484512)   #557
monkeynuts
Rookie

United Kingdom
monkeynuts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gorden Spice Cars the last time I saw them before being packed up for sale Silverstone early 80's

Old 14 Dec 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3484894)   #558
Michael Webster
Rookie

[QUOTE=monkeynuts;3484512]Gorden Spice Cars the last time I saw them before being packed up for sale Silverstone early 80's

These are great images, I'm pretty sure the (rare) shot of the engine bay and interior are the first ones on this thread. Thanks for posting them.
Old 14 Dec 2014, 21:28 (Ref:3485043)   #559
monkeynuts
Rookie

United Kingdom
monkeynuts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Michael Webster;3484894]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeynuts View Post
Gorden Spice Cars the last time I saw them before being packed up for sale Silverstone early 80's

These are great images, I'm pretty sure the (rare) shot of the engine bay and interior are the first ones on this thread. Thanks for posting them.
When I get a minute I will try and separate the pictures and get a bigger shot of them
Old 14 Dec 2014, 23:44 (Ref:3485067)   #560
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Now I think the #1 car is older or a spare? The 2 1982 cars are next to it with the Mirror logos on front wings?
Old 17 Dec 2014, 19:19 (Ref:3485827)   #561
Michael Webster
Rookie

[QUOTE=monkeynuts;3485043]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Webster View Post

When I get a minute I will try and separate the pictures and get a bigger shot of them
Great! Looking forward to seeing them.
Old 28 May 2015, 17:43 (Ref:3542151)   #562
Folkwan
Rookie

Folkwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello everyone,

A new addition to the forum this subject is really exciting! It interests me because my father (dany Swysen) to drive several capri compete mainly with Capri Mk3 Lotto. (Same year as the Belga capri with Brother Martin)
He made many 24h of Spa-Francorchamps and many ETCC championship from 1979 to 1984 where he ended his career in the Team Luigi Alfa GTV6
His automotive career goes from 1969 to 1984.
Here are some pictures:
Old 28 May 2015, 18:03 (Ref:3542157)   #563
Folkwan
Rookie

Old 28 May 2015, 18:06 (Ref:3542158)   #564
Folkwan
Rookie

We recement find an old garage in a Ford Capri mk3 racing that had not been driven for many years. Here it is:

Old 28 May 2015, 18:07 (Ref:3542159)   #565
Folkwan
Rookie

By searching the chassis number (Vin) we are fallen on the bodyplate or is hand engraved CC6/78. I wanted to review this bodyplate engraved hand is this possible? Would we be in possession of the ex-Chris Craft (Motorcraft)?
In advance thank you to help us in our research.

Kind regards
Old 2 Jun 2015, 10:31 (Ref:3544145)   #566
Sarnie
Racer

England
Middx.
Sarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkwan View Post
By searching the chassis number (Vin) we are fallen on the bodyplate or is hand engraved CC6/78. I wanted to review this bodyplate engraved hand is this possible? Would we be in possession of the ex-Chris Craft (Motorcraft)?

Kind regards
Great find there, what are your plans, are you going to restore it ?

Here is CC10 fully restored, which is coming up for auction soon, with a very nice guide price...

http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/1...x-gordon-spice
Old 3 Jun 2015, 08:48 (Ref:3544468)   #567
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarnie View Post
Great find there, what are your plans, are you going to restore it ?

Here is CC10 fully restored, which is coming up for auction soon, with a very nice guide price...

Sarnie do you know who the 'vendor' is/was?

Interesting car and I strongly suspect the guide price is partly because of the market getting carried away with itself at the moment.

Grp1 and Gr A cars are in demand but at the moment the competitive arena isn't yet established so I hope people aren't priced out of getting involved when entrants of suitable cars are sought after.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 08:51 (Ref:3544469)   #568
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkwan View Post

Kind regards
Folkwan warm welcome do you have any more info about the car in recent times.

Where is it currently based. A few cars went off to Asia after their European life ended and competed in Macau etc.

A very early CC built Spice car is extremely rare these days, so I would think it needs to be lovingly restored to compete again!
Old 3 Jun 2015, 10:45 (Ref:3544500)   #569
Sarnie
Racer

England
Middx.
Sarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSarnie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Sarnie do you know who the 'vendor' is/was?

Interesting car and I strongly suspect the guide price is partly because of the market getting carried away with itself at the moment.
No sorry I don't, but would guess maybe Ric Wood

Yes an prices of Capri's in general are going up quickly, a standard low mileage 3.0S was sold by the same auctioneers for £20k, RS3100's now going for a lot more than that.
Old 5 Jun 2015, 06:02 (Ref:3545085)   #570
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Apparently the Spice car was the one David Thomas owned for many years.

I thought he had sold it but maybe rebuilt instead?
Old 5 Jun 2015, 19:50 (Ref:3545322)   #571
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The vendor of the Motorcraft car is Martin Thomas - acquired it about five years ago
Old 6 Jun 2015, 12:56 (Ref:3545516)   #572
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Martin Thomas?

That's interesting, he did run some G1 Capri's in the late 70's but is better remembered for his Camaro racing and rover prep I guess.
Old 6 Jun 2015, 13:44 (Ref:3545529)   #573
relativtortoise
Racer

Yep - and a spell with Renaults under SRG
Old 24 Jul 2015, 16:26 (Ref:3560624)   #574
relativtortoise
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarnie View Post
£92,250
Old 25 Jul 2015, 05:53 (Ref:3560686)   #575
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Blimey....
Is that definitely the car Dave Thomas had for years bought from Chatfield?
It was definitely ex Spice but I thought it was a later chassis number than that because when Brian had it the car was in 1982 livery which I always thought made it one of the last CC cars. (Spice ran 2 brand new cars for him and Rouse in the final yr of G1 aparrently)
So could Chatfield have bought an older car but in the '82 livery, maybe a spare car?

Tags
andy rouse, belga, belgian touring cars, broadspeed, capri mk3, cc motorsport, cc racing development, chris craft, dave cook, equipe esso, gordon spice, group 1, group 1 capri, group 1.5, jeff allam, jonathan buncombe, martin brothers, neil brown, pete clark, spa 24 hours, swindon engines, tricentrol, vince woodman