Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 28 Jul 2015, 05:01 (Ref:3561856)   #576
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps I should have bought CC001 after all! Apparently it was as rotten as a pear..
Old 28 Jul 2015, 13:36 (Ref:3561950)   #577
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I do hope that's not the one my mate sold several years ago but does look and sound remarkably similar as his had X Pack arches etc as described and was a genuine CC car with a plate under the bonnet confirming the fact however...... it was never actually a race car and was originally given to the CC by Ford in recognition for all their good work. My pal sold it several years ago. If it was this car I fear someone may have paid just a tad too much but of course it may not be the same at all.
Old 28 Jul 2015, 15:39 (Ref:3561967)   #578
holmanblackburn
Rookie

England
Worthing
holmanblackburn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thoughts

The `Spice`, Capri sold at auction recently had a continuous historical thread, Ex `Gordie`, Ex Chatfield, Ex Woodcock, Ex David Thomas and now back as it was. These cars had some lovely tricky bits and would cost a great deal to replicate which makes its auction price in the `ball park`, with that history I believe.
Old 21 Aug 2015, 12:47 (Ref:3567480)   #579
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Apparently the BP car Dave Thomas recently rebuilt is CC9 which Jeff All am confirmed was his 1979 car.

Where this was languishing I do not know.

CC15 a Belga car is another recent resurrection....
Old 28 Aug 2015, 08:46 (Ref:3569319)   #580
caprirs0
Rookie

caprirs0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CC001

Stuart at restore a ford owns CC001 Which was the road car Gordon Spice used and also the Manager for CC had the car after Gordon
Old 29 Aug 2015, 08:19 (Ref:3569554)   #581
Michael Webster
Rookie

Michael Webster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprirs0 View Post
Stuart at restore a ford owns CC001 Which was the road car Gordon Spice used and also the Manager for CC had the car after Gordon
Good Morning caprirs0, Is this the red one?
Old 3 Sep 2015, 05:57 (Ref:3570946)   #582
caprirs0
Rookie

CC001

Hi Mike
Yes it's red but not the one that sold the other day
Old 4 Sep 2015, 20:01 (Ref:3571432)   #583
Michael Webster
Rookie

Michael Webster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hi Mike
Yes it's red but not the one that sold the other day
Hi caprirs0, Is that the MK3?
Old 7 Sep 2015, 07:51 (Ref:3572106)   #584
caprirs0
Rookie

CC001

Yes MK3
Old 20 Jan 2016, 19:16 (Ref:3606657)   #585
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Any plans for the auctioned Spice car?

I'm assuming it will be entered for the Members Meeting as it is an original restored car?

As a general aside, the thread was unstuck yesterday which caused me some alarm as I couldn't find it (this topic is very close to my heart).

I thought I ought to give posters interested a bit of advance warning that we are unsticking plus it is a good idea to promote other threads in the history section.

But please keep reading through and and hopefully discussion will be renewed!

Last edited by chunterer; 21 Jan 2016 at 15:39.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 19:39 (Ref:3606671)   #586
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect it will be at the 74MM. I think that was why it was sold anyway.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 08:26 (Ref:3606790)   #587
monkeynuts
Rookie

United Kingdom
monkeynuts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Any plans for the auctioned Spice car?

I'm assuming it will be entered for the Members Meeting as it is an original restored car?

As a general aside, the thread was unstuck yesterday which caused me some alarm as I couldn't find it (this topic is very close to my heart).

I thought I ought to give posters interested a bit of advance warning that we are unstuck ingredients - it is a good idea to promote other threads in the history section.

But please keep reading through and and hopefully discussion will be renewed!
Well I hope the original pictures I shared with Mike helped in clearing up a few points and hopefully will see it at the members meeting
Old 21 Jan 2016, 15:44 (Ref:3606865)   #588
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

It will be great to see a proper Spice CC car out there.

There is a lot of people complaining about provenance and originality with some of the Capris.

At the end of the day as long as people are happy to do faithful recreations and say they are such it's fair enough.

I'm not sure too many people pass off a replica as an original in any case these days because the spotlight is on certain categories anyway.
Old 11 Feb 2016, 15:52 (Ref:3613985)   #589
caprirs0
Rookie

CC13

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/...rd-capri-grp-1
Old 12 Feb 2016, 06:28 (Ref:3614124)   #590
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
From Autosport this week, confirmed for Goodwood Members Meeting- 'chassis CC10 is almost fully rebuilt and new owner MiKe Whitaker and former BTCC racer Mike Jordan will race in the Gery Marshall Trophy.'

Old 12 Feb 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3614255)   #591
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
From Autosport this week, confirmed for Goodwood Members Meeting- 'chassis CC10 is almost fully rebuilt and new owner MiKe Whitaker and former BTCC racer Mike Jordan will race in the Gery Marshall Trophy.'

Great news,.thanks Mike.

More original cars gradually coming out.

Let's hope it will continue to be the same with Group A...
Old 12 Feb 2016, 18:59 (Ref:3614270)   #592
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
IIRC Gerry built his own cars.
Gerry built cars!!!! Who'd want one of those?
Old 9 Mar 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3621604)   #593
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
CC13 was purchased and also due to be out at MM?
Old 8 Apr 2016, 18:21 (Ref:3631271)   #594
Folkwan
Rookie

Folkwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello guys,

Some news of the CC6 . She's paint an the engine just be rebuild.
We know now the historic of the car.
Here it will end with Chris Craft april 1978 Brand Hatch :

Here is Gordon Spice but is the same car. We rebuild the car like that in Motocraft/Stp :

She's coming in Belgium for the 24h Spa in the Belga Team N°26 Craft/Corbiser.

It will be crashed after leading many lap then completely rebuilt by CC.
I am in contact with Michel Deyne (Capri BBL)De Deyne Buy the car a make Jhonson / BBL Team in 79/80.
Many automotive magazine articles speaks of this purchase of an ancient craft Car: Auto Hebdo, Le soir etc (Famous in Belgium / France).
And actually when sanding the car we find all the old layers of paint.

Here at 24h Spa 1979 :

It will be paid and drive to Montlhéry by formila 1 driver Patrick Tambay (this is the same car) :

In 24h Spa 1980 :

Drived By Davit/De deyne

In 1981,1982,1983,1984 We lost de trace of the car maby sh's a Nashua/michel vaillant car but we have no informations

We find the car in 1985 in the 24h at Spa in the Ric roc team

(In her condition when we bought it).they leave at 1:30 from the end.

And in the same year she's finished 2nd in the 24h of Zolder. With Ed Schinkel/davit/de gheldere.

The long life of this car finished in my garage. We are so happy to find the car.we take care of the return in original condition.

it will be finished in late April

I will come back to give you news when it is finished
Old 29 May 2016, 07:45 (Ref:3645401)   #595
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seem time ago someone posted some photos of brakes/hubs and suspension of the works cars.Looking through this thread it appears they have been removed?Just looking for hub reference shots.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 20:53 (Ref:3650729)   #596
duel
Rookie

duel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cleutjens Capri

Last week I ran into the 1979 Spa 24h Cleutjens/Lubin Group 1 Capri.
It finished 17e in the 24h and won the Dutch national campionship in 1979.

What intriques me is that it's a original RHD car with an German (Original) Ford tag which says "leichtbau" which mean lightweight.
Did Ford supplied lightweight Capri III body's ?

Thanks,
Ed
Old 17 Jun 2016, 18:28 (Ref:3651043)   #597
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
Last week I ran into the 1979 Spa 24h Cleutjens/Lubin Group 1 Capri.
It finished 17e in the 24h and won the Dutch national campionship in 1979.

What intriques me is that it's a original RHD car with an German (Original) Ford tag which says "leichtbau" which mean lightweight.
Did Ford supplied lightweight Capri III body's ?

Thanks,
Ed
Is it still in Holland or over here Ed?
Old 30 Jul 2016, 20:39 (Ref:3662278)   #598
duel
Rookie

Yes the car is still in Holland, I'd spoke to Cleutjens he confirmed it was his car.
He bought a new RHD lightweight chassis from Boreham and build the car himself.
Old 1 Aug 2016, 07:41 (Ref:3662780)   #599
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
Yes the car is still in Holland, I'd spoke to Cleutjens he confirmed it was his car.
He bought a new RHD lightweight chassis from Boreham and build the car himself.
Very interesting, thanks duel.
Old 8 Aug 2016, 20:06 (Ref:3664428)   #600
duel
Rookie

I see Capri's running a 48IDA but I can't find anything in the homologation about this ?

Tags
andy rouse, belga, belgian touring cars, broadspeed, capri mk3, cc motorsport, cc racing development, chris craft, dave cook, equipe esso, gordon spice, group 1, group 1 capri, group 1.5, jeff allam, jonathan buncombe, martin brothers, neil brown, pete clark, spa 24 hours, swindon engines, tricentrol, vince woodman