Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 15 Jan 2008, 16:05 (Ref:2106740)   #1
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Detroit Street Circuit

I have come up with a street circuit for Detroit, MI. The track is 1.6 miles long and runs counter clockwise. The length that is given includes the pit lane.

The track heads east along Cadillac Square. The track makes a quick right onto Rudolph St. Immediately following the right is a left-handed hairpin, which runs up the other side of Rudolph Street. The next set of curves are all 90 degree corners: a right onto East Fort Street, a left onto Beaubien Street, a right onto Lafayette Street East, a left onto St. Antoine Street, a left onto Monroe Street, a right back onto Beaubien Street, a left onto Macomb Street, and a left back onto Randolph Street.

Immediately following that is a right-handed sweeper back onto Monroe Street. Then there is another right-handed sweeper onto Woodward Avenue. Next is a hairpin that takes you down the other side of Woodward Avenue. Next up is a fast chicane keeping you on Woodward Avenue. Following that is a long run to a hairpin at the John C Lodge Freeway. This hairpin will take you back up the other side of Woodward Ave. Finally, a long, right sweeper will take you back onto Cadillac Square and across the finish line.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1554004
Old 15 Jan 2008, 16:12 (Ref:2106744)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nice that you managed to create some sweeping corners out of the "grid" shape.
Not bad at all.
Old 15 Jan 2008, 20:06 (Ref:2106837)   #3
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice work! And thereĀ“s possibilitys of making it a bit longer as well.

For example:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1554594
Old 15 Jan 2008, 20:08 (Ref:2106838)   #4
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My only problem with this one is that the longest straight is about 350 meters - I can't really see too many overtaking opportunities here as the cars would reach most corners at relatively low speed - and since most corners are right angle (or even tighter) a race would probably feature only a few overtakes.

But the shape is great, indeed.

bio
Old 17 Jan 2008, 11:20 (Ref:2107940)   #5
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great spot for a street circuit.

This is another variant to make the track a bit longer. Ad a lot faster, too:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1558254

Maybe we should send a couple of these to Champ Car?