Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Apr 2002, 00:52 (Ref:260522)   #1
rollhoop
Rookie

rollhoop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is anyone else ready for some changes???

I'm as big a Ferrari fan as anyone. That is to say of their road cars. I loved the Scuderia until Michael Schumacher came along. I loved TGF when he was at Benetton. It was a joy to see someone drive a somewhat inferior race car to victory over the big teams. I was OK with TGF until he attempted to punt Damon Hill and STEAL a championship from the far superior Williams team. Ever since the day he arrived at Ferrari it seems that the rules are interpreted differently when applied to TGF. Can't Ferrari win on their own with all the cash they spend? I may be slightly off, but, am I the only one who thinks the FIA and Bernie give the Scuderia whatever, whenever they want it? In my opinion Michael should be a little more concerned with his fellow competitors safety on the track. This chop move that he does. Would it be legal if, lets say, JPM or Fisichella were the first to use it. Maybe a, "No Blocking" rule like CART has should be established in F1. It won't happen until someone comes along who chops better than TGF and he is on the receiving end of an extra pit stop for a front wing or an early exit because someone drove him into the grass. I wonder if the relationship between Bridgestone and Ferrari is even within the rules. They each have people in the others factory. The 2003 Ferrari is being built around the Bridgestone tyres that are being built just for Ferrari. I guess my major point is that I'm getting a little tired of the Ferrari show every week. Is anyone else tired of watching the same grand prix every other week only on a different track?? I'm not trying to make this a, "I hate Michael" thread. I'm just wondering if anyone else would like to see something different like a Sauber or a Renault reaching the podium instead of a red car. I guess maybe us F1 fans in the states are different than those in Europe. I heard on todays F1 broadcast that people in Europe follow the teams they love without regard for who is piloting the vehicle. I guess I'm goofy than because I can't follow a team who allows its' #1 driver to abuse his teammate as well as the rules and all of the other drivers on the track. When the day comes that a true gentlemen racer comes into Scuderia Ferrari then I will bring all of my Ferrari gear out of hiding. Until then, I'll be looking forward to my annual pilgrimage to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to get a Minardi or Sauber hat.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 01:09 (Ref:260533)   #2
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been more than ready to see a change at the top for a while now...I wouldn't mind so much if it was at least competitive but races like today make me sick!!! TGF should retire after this year and let some others get a bit of the spotlight for a while....buttt noooo he says he doesn't care about the records but we all know he just wants to have them all...ALL of them...so that nobody will ever forget his tyranical reign!!!!....ok maybe that's going a little far but you get the idea!
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 01:10 (Ref:260534)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well rollhoop, though there may be much to what you say....Duck!!!! Incoming!!!!!!!!!
Old 15 Apr 2002, 01:12 (Ref:260537)   #4
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but I think the changes are comming eventually those big boys like Renault, Toyota, Honda, and BMW of course are pressing harder and harder...they won't be satisfied till they are winning
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 09:49 (Ref:260781)   #5
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think to yourselves how utterly impossible it seems for a mid-field team to win in F1. Think about the huge gulf between even, say, Renault and the top of the field. Imagine what a miracle it woud take to get one of those other teams winning. And then remember - that is exactly what Schumacher achieved with Bennetton. Nothing will change until F1 gets its new Number 1 - is it Number Juan? We'll have to wait a while longer I fear.
Old 15 Apr 2002, 11:05 (Ref:260844)   #6
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
Think to yourselves how utterly impossible it seems for a mid-field team to win in F1. Think about the huge gulf between even, say, Renault and the top of the field. Imagine what a miracle it woud take to get one of those other teams winning. And then remember - that is exactly what Schumacher achieved with Bennetton.
yeah, with the help of launch control, traction control, illegal fuel rig,and blatently "trangressing the rules" with the pre race weigh in at brazil 95 {anybody remember that one??}
Old 15 Apr 2002, 11:17 (Ref:260865)   #7
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brazil?? 95?? HMmmmmmmm I remember this:
After the race both Schumacher and Coulthard were disqualified when their Elf fuel was found not to match the chemical "finger-print" given by the oil company to the FIA at the start of the year. All the fuel companies must submit a "finger-print" sample of the type of fuel they intend to use during the season. If the sample does not match the fuel used at the actual races then it is seen as illegal. It was a harsh decision but teams and oil suppliers had been warned that the FIA intended to take a harsh line.

Later an FIA Court of Appeal would overturn the exclusions, accepting that the fuel had been different from that agreed and, therefore, illegal but being unable to decide if this had given the drivers an advantage as fuel experts present could not agree. The court decided that the drivers could not be held responsible and gave them back their points and instead blamed the teams, refusing to award Constructors' points and fining each $200,000.
---- ----------- ===== ---------- ===== ---
Now I always wondered....Does this mean you can win the WDC in an "illegal car", if the experts can't prove you gained an advantage?
You would get to be World Champion,,but the constructor wouldn't?
Old 15 Apr 2002, 11:42 (Ref:260907)   #8
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
strad, i was talking about the incident when TFG weighed in at brazil 95, and then a little while later was re-weighed and had miraculously lost something like 10 kgs