Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 10 Dec 2002, 13:41 (Ref:446964)   #1
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Long Beach 11th to 13th April 2003

AS things are a bit quiet right now, does anyone fancy joining me and 3 other Brits at the above event next year? I'm off to the states next week so by the time I get back I should have a pretty good idea how next year's CART is looking. Just to give you some idea, we normally fly out on the Wednesday (9th), stay in the Travelodge in Westminster for about $50.00 per night per room (2 sharing, about £16.00 a night), register and walk the track on Thursday, day-time, followed by a (Free) welcome party at a local brewpub. We have to be at the track by about 6.45 Friday, so it's not a late night. Cal Club, the local SCCA region supply coffee and as many doughnuts as your caverties can stand, lunch and usually one evening meal, althogh we usually shoot off for an evening meeting old friends at a local mexican or similar. At present flights are going for about £300.00 return, and the only other expense is car hire, but I've always thought about cabs as the hotel is about a 20 min drive away, and the car sits in the car park (Opps, parking lot!) all day! What a waste! There is no time limit for letting me know, they will accept marshals 3 weeks before the race - just! It's just more help to the SCCA & CART to give them a bit of notice. Marshalling standard? I would prefer experienced marshals, but enthusiastic novices are welcome. You will need to contact Peter Todd at the MSA to get a "Clearence To Marshal" but that is not vital as they accept my word someone is up to it!
There, that's something to mull over over the new year! Don't forget, the Brands rumour is just that, rumour!
Old 10 Dec 2002, 16:25 (Ref:447061)   #2
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stoo, glad to see we didn't scare you off with the rotten weather last year -- I hardly got a tan at all. Share a beer at the place on the waterfront on Thursday? Or I'll settle for hugs.

BTW, folks, Long Beach really is a fun weekend. Support races are normally Atlantics (me on the headset at the hairpin, first Atlantic practice last year: "HOW many of the little *&^%$'s? Holy...."), TransAm (think Aussie V8's with more aftermarket bits), and a usually hilarious celebrity race. Great trash and trinkets area too.

keke
Old 10 Dec 2002, 16:42 (Ref:447078)   #3
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
id love to go stoo

ill pm you
Old 10 Dec 2002, 21:13 (Ref:447247)   #4
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Doughnuts are probably worth going for...not sure about the racing though! Actually, it sounds a stonking meeting...TransAm has been very good this year so should be good again...sadly my marshaling skills would put many to shame so I might have to stay here snapping!!
Old 10 Dec 2002, 22:02 (Ref:447282)   #5
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did I read theres going to be a historic F1 race at Long Beach next year??
Old 11 Dec 2002, 19:30 (Ref:447809)   #6
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stoowert, how are you getting multi entries to the US within 12 months these days? I got the 3rd degree on my last visit as they are saying the visa waiver scheme is designed for touists, and if you are doing multi entry you must be working!
Would love to join ypu and Keke for Long Beach, as you know I have not done any US out west yet, but am still working on next years schedule, (and the lottery win) so will let you know
Old 12 Dec 2002, 16:29 (Ref:448448)   #7
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Racegypsy, if you can come that'd be a hoot. You'd know most of the people there, I bet -- this year we even had a "Whoomah" contingent who were tired of winter at home. (They didn't mind the marine layer that chilled the rest of us thin-blooded west coasters -- they figured a 20C increase in temperature between the Midwest and Long Beach was summer.)

In 2001 Lacerat showed up and was assistant captain at the all-female Station 10. Hear that, all you female workers? Don't let the boys have all the fun!

Already wishing it was spring,
keke
Old 12 Dec 2002, 16:56 (Ref:448470)   #8
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm very interested, Stoowert has converted me!! but we have a family wedding in April and until the date is confirmed I'm on strict instructions not to book any motorsport in. Fingers crossed I will be able to join in the fun.