Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 Dec 2002, 21:06 (Ref:450620)   #1
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton changes

Just been on the 2cvracing website finding out about the 24 hour, and there is reference to Snet awaiting budget approval to a corner being put in down the revett straight! anyone know anything on this?
merry christmas to one and all
Old 16 Dec 2002, 11:53 (Ref:451019)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Keep your eyes on the news wires today (Monday) as I hear there may be an announcement ref Octagon. If so it will answer your question in part.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 12:43 (Ref:451067)   #3
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wouldn't be a straight then!! I will keep an eye out for any annoucements. The prospect of a 24hr CV Race is one I haven't got my head round yet but if I'm able to volunteer then I will.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 14:31 (Ref:451163)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Claire, the 24 hour 2CV race has always been one of the highlights of our calendar and we were deeply saddened to lose it - so much so that many of us are hoping to come to Snetterton to marshal it!

This is a must do if you have the option! Remember, you don't have to marshal the full 24 hours - you can volunteer for as many shifts as you feel able to do and not all of them are at night!

Last edited by EvilPumpkin; 16 Dec 2002 at 14:31.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 14:51 (Ref:451172)   #5
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Hi EP, it would be good to see you again, you would be made more than welcome at Snetterton, if it's a weekend I have free I will be there.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 15:33 (Ref:451198)   #6
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Ep - note the wee clash that weekend..bit of a bummer
Snetterton 2CV 24 hours / Le Mans 24 heures
Old 16 Dec 2002, 16:06 (Ref:451217)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
What prick decided it would be funny to put them up against each other? Sorry, but I think I know which one I'll be attending... as will around 100,000 other motorsport loving Brits...
Old 16 Dec 2002, 17:12 (Ref:451254)   #8
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Craig as you often point out you find oval racing boring, I found Le Mans boring so I will be voting with my feet and helping out at Snetterton.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 18:11 (Ref:451294)   #9
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I heard this rumour about putting a chicane half way down the Revett straight too. According to some of the office staff I know at Snett, they know nothing about it yet had Autosport and a few drivers phoning up asking if this was true!
If so, the staff at Snett have not been told.
The reason most teams test there is because so much set up info can be aquired at one track on one day, long straights and every type of corner. This unique nature would be lost - hence testing revenue.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 18:23 (Ref:451304)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Claire
Craig as you often point out you find oval racing boring, I found Le Mans boring so I will be voting with my feet and helping out at Snetterton.
Not a problem to me - have fun!

Just seems ridiculous to schedule two 24 hour meetings against each other like this. I would likely have popped along to Snett for at least a few hours, but I'm afraid the Revett Straight just doesn't compare to the Mulsanne!
Old 16 Dec 2002, 22:27 (Ref:451457)   #11
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hang on boys and girls it is a temporary corner as far as I know. The 2CV gang felt it might add a bit of spice. The trucks have one when they go to Thruxton which I think the 2CVs use as well.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 09:22 (Ref:451689)   #12
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thruxton have abandoned the temporary chicane after it's repeated demolition!
Old 17 Dec 2002, 23:07 (Ref:452217)   #13
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
What prick decided it would be funny to put them up against each other? Sorry, but I think I know which one I'll be attending... as will around 100,000 other motorsport loving Brits...
See you there Craig.............
Old 18 Dec 2002, 12:04 (Ref:452584)   #14
2CV Racer
Racer

2CV Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rod Birley
Hang on boys and girls it is a temporary corner as far as I know. The 2CV gang felt it might add a bit of spice. The trucks have one when they go to Thruxton which I think the 2CVs use as well.
That's not how it was put to us Rod. As far as I know the chicane is being added as an option on the back straight for a couple of reasons. One is for either bikes or karts to use (I can't remember which) but the main reason is to add a little extra length to the track to allow it qualify for international races. If the change is made it will be permanent, but optional (much like Knickerbrook at Oulton).

Basically we're being told that if the track change is made then we will have the choice to use it or not for the 24 hour. This is the source of some debate in 2CV land as to whether we want it or not and at some point we'll have a vote on it.
Old 18 Dec 2002, 21:50 (Ref:452951)   #15
snetmarshal
Racer

snetmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I shall look forward to seeing you and all your fellow racers in June, 2cv, I am sure whatever configuration the racing will be excellent