Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 8 Oct 2007, 08:46 (Ref:2034735)   #1
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Carroll to spearhead Irelands season

Good to see that on www.a1gp.com it's finally been confirmed that Adam will be Irelands main driver...
Old 8 Oct 2007, 09:47 (Ref:2034791)   #2
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, it's on Autosport too, here.

Adam is just the sort of driver A1GP needs. A race winner in GP2, F1 testing experience, a great personality and loads of talent.

It's good for the series and especially good for Team Ireland!
Old 8 Oct 2007, 11:49 (Ref:2034880)   #3
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much like when Darren Manning first entered A1Gp with a big splash and some very fast times it seems that one of next seasons GP2 front runners is going to make some waves. Can't wait to see how he gets on.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 11:57 (Ref:2034890)   #4
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Excellent stuff, he's a cracking driver. I hope the car preparation is good to allow him to shine and win races hopefully.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 05:12 (Ref:2035525)   #5
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
adam should be able to take ireland to the title. if that doesnt happen, i will be rather disappointed. judging by zandvoort, carroll is already a much better driver than the guys that won, just isnt as experienced in the series.
Old 9 Oct 2007, 06:15 (Ref:2035547)   #6
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess you mean Carroll has done better in GP2 than Zaugg?

Going by his credentials he should transform Ireland to potential race winners. Will be interesting to watch.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 11:29 (Ref:2042573)   #7
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just out of interest, and don't get me wrong here, I'm a big fan of Adam Carroll, does anyone know what his Team Ireland credentials are? As I understood it, we was born in Portadown in N Ireland, so I guess one or both of his parents are from the Republic. Certainly his fans back in his F3 days used to wave the tricolour. Can anyone confirm?

For what it's worth, though, I consider Adam to be one of the most talented drivers around at the moment, so I do hope that Team Ireland can give him the backing to succeed. It seems that A1GP could be the sponsorship-worry-free zone that Adam needs to really definitely prove himself.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 12:31 (Ref:2042621)   #8
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
adam is 100% northern irish if you like. this of course makes him pretty much 100% british too. being from NI though gives you certain choices. adam still considers himself a brit, but he is every bit as irish as he is british.

darren gibson, talented footballer from derry in NI chose to play for the republic. and also the irish cricket and rugby teams are taken from the whole island. this is an example of what you can do being from norn iron. dont forget, richard lyons drove for ireland last year (replacing his union jack helmet with a shamrock alternative!) and i personally consider ralph firman more english than prince william!
Old 17 Oct 2007, 13:37 (Ref:2042684)   #9
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I recall, Adam was "qualified" to drive A1 for either Britain or Ireland.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 14:18 (Ref:2042719)   #10
Point-5
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Point-5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In time honoured fashion he'll be british when he's winning and Irish when he's not!!
Old 17 Oct 2007, 17:21 (Ref:2042863)   #11
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just thinbk these nationality wheezes are silly. If you don't have an MSA licence, you don't drive for GB. No MsportIreland licence, no ROI drive. Ralph Firman should have been in the GB car, so should have Richard Lyons. Same with Adam Carroll.

Let's forget Graham Rahal driving for LEBANON ...
Old 17 Oct 2007, 18:24 (Ref:2042931)   #12
Point-5
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Point-5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they didnt want to be in the GBR car???

The Irish team are marked as Ireland, therefore the island of Ireland... If it were entered as Republic of Ireland you'd have a point...

Ralph Firman is obviously very glad of his Irish roots as it was those that got him his 2 only shots at top level International motorsport - Jordan and A1 GP.