Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

View Poll Results: What aggravates you the most on the roads?
Tailgating 9 23.68%
Incorrect/lack of indicating 4 10.53%
Fast lane hogging 8 21.05%
Unrealistic/inappropriate speed limits 4 10.53%
Draconian speed enforcement 7 18.42%
Other 6 15.79%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Mar 2003, 23:13 (Ref:548141)   #1
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your pet hates- go on, let us have it!

What aggravates you the most on the roads?

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 25 Mar 2003, 23:47 (Ref:548164)   #2
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Out of the options giving, probably lane hogging. You missed out foglights though, which I find equally aggravating, and the people who seem to have died at the wheel and are pootling blithely along in front of you when you have an appoinment to keep.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 01:02 (Ref:548220)   #3
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People who don't look out for speed limit signs - still pootling along at 30 when it has gone up to 40 or more.

Tailgating makes me really nervous and it's downright rude...

And stupid speed limits! Aaaargh!

People talking on their mobiles really gets me - and people who don't check if the road is clear before they leave - I have tremendous problems with that on my scooter...!
Old 26 Mar 2003, 02:49 (Ref:548255)   #4
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There should be an "all of the above!" option.

Speed limits are the most annoying, and the police who earn overtime pay for writing speeding tickets, but nothing for stopping real crime!

Following that, bluehairs and little old men in Buicks, Mercurys, Cadillacs, Lincolns... Big domestic cars, plodding along at 20 in a 35mph zone!

Then there are your general idiots... People who don't signal, don't know or don't care when or how to give way at a 4-way stop, in a parking lot, or anywhere else for that matter... People who are too important to be forced to get off their phone and drive... A single driver (almost always a woman) alone in a van or monstrous SUV... Fools with no spacial capacity, unable to stay in a single lane... Cowards who have to come to almost a complete stop any time they turn... And anyone with bull bars, a gun rack, a lift kit, a custom paintjob, an airhorn, or any other piece of ego-stroking garbage on a full-size truck (usually a white Ford F-150!) that's not clearly for business!
Old 26 Mar 2003, 05:48 (Ref:548311)   #5
coln72
Racer

coln72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bull 3km/h tolerance at 100km/h when the car manufacterures can get away with a 10% tolerance on the speedo's from the factory. Can be booked if you are doing an indicated 100km/h!!!!

Last edited by Bluebottle; 26 Mar 2003 at 22:41.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 07:42 (Ref:548369)   #6
AussieV8
Veteran

Australia
Orange, NSW Australia
AussieV8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I'm a Sydney Bus Driver what gives me the s is when a driver cuts in on me when stopping at a light and takes my stopping room. Heavy vehicles may have ABS and the like but try stopping a 14.5mtr bus with about 60 people on it from 80km/hs to ztop in 10 feet.
Worst offenders Business men in their company cars.

Last edited by Bluebottle; 26 Mar 2003 at 22:44.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 08:46 (Ref:548398)   #7
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tailgating. So many times I'm just tempted to stamp on the brakes and have a look at their expression!!
Old 26 Mar 2003, 09:11 (Ref:548430)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Definitely additional taxation of motorists via speed cameras - the vast majority of which are completely unnecessary.

They've just installed a new camera on my route to work. It's still covered up at the moment, but it's on a straight stretch of road where the limit drops from 50 to 40 for half a mile. Non-residential, clear road, no obvious hazards at all. Typical....
Old 26 Mar 2003, 09:19 (Ref:548441)   #9
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd have to go for "All of the Above"

Numpties that sit in lane 2 or 3 driving at 60mph whaen lane 1 is free. Then get annoyed when you signal to them that you want to pass.
Inappropriate use of Speed cameras, I'm not against them just where they are obviously for revenue not safety.
Inappropriate speed for the road or conditions, like the **** who tried to run me off the road by cutting the corner down a country lane.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 09:20 (Ref:548443)   #10
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Volvos.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 09:30 (Ref:548459)   #11
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Definitley 'All of the above', but also:
-Those that drive at 40-50mph in a 30 limit (often driving up your bum or passing you in a built up area) and who then don't speed up at all when into a D-restricted, so they then hold you up.
-Stupid 4x4s on the road (especially those being used to take a kid to school or to get the groceries from the shops - 100 yards from their houses).
-Bad parking. I don't know whether I'm unlucky or whether noone can park, but recently I've seen some real stinkers - like parking on the apex of a blind bend.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 12:35 (Ref:548631)   #12
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nissan Micras and Austin/Rover Metros (6R4 is ok tho )
Old 26 Mar 2003, 13:41 (Ref:548725)   #13
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People who jay-walk (seems common in Kidlington; can't people notice a bright yellow car coming at them? )
People who don't swtich on their headlights in the dark or in fog
People who see a speed limit and immediately drop to at least 15mph below that limit (happens in Bladon each morning)
People who like to try and race me just because I've got a sports car. It's never occured to them that I don't WANT or NEED to race them - I'm quite happy to drive at the speed limit.
Reps who try and carve everybody up on the A40 when the dual-carriageway ends and the A40 becomes single-lane traffic again. Has it not occured to them that they're putting lives at risk? Hell, enough fatalities have occured at that spot for that reason!
People who chip Peril's windscreen and paint when I'm motoring along minding my own business. Chuck up stones which bruise him - Peril gets very upset.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 13:50 (Ref:548733)   #14
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Front Fog Lamps on all the time and being used as headlights or in daylight. WHY?
Old 26 Mar 2003, 14:06 (Ref:548752)   #15
gfm
Veteran

gfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgfm should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Suzy - suggest to young Peril that he lays back an extra car's length or two from the vehicle in front, to save his paint and his screen. And before you say anything, we absolutely ALL do it (I do certainly).
Old 26 Mar 2003, 15:08 (Ref:548824)   #16
Dick Spanner
Racer

Dick Spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caravan's + buses that pull off when you are halfway past them leaving you marooned on the wrong side of the road.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 15:15 (Ref:548831)   #17
Tedebear
Rookie

Tedebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People who don't think road/parking rules apply to them....

ie. Double parking, driving the wrong way down one way streets, driving through pedestrian crossings when theres a person waiting to cross, parking across the lines in a parking area to block two whole spaces....

hmmmm I'm getting wound up now - better finish it here and come back when I think of more !!
Old 26 Mar 2003, 15:42 (Ref:548858)   #18
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I voted for unrealistic/inappropriate speed limits. Because they're something I can do nothing about, and they're getting ridiculous, and in my view they make roads more dangerous because when the speed limit seems unnaturally low drivers are concentrating on their speedos more than what's in front of them.

The rest (i.e. the stupid things other drivers do) I can deal with. That way, I feel less guilty when I do them myself...
Old 26 Mar 2003, 17:16 (Ref:548922)   #19
daz90
Racer

England
England
daz90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tailgating, i hate that, also idiots doing 25 in a 40 or 40 in a 60

and today on my way home from work, someone was parked on the road outside the local shop, when there was a parking space of the road about 10 foot in front of him, he was sat in the bloody car and wouldent budge.

another pet hate though is when someone parks right outside my drive and i cant get my car out, its allways happening i put a sign up but they just ignore it
Old 26 Mar 2003, 19:47 (Ref:549139)   #20
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never really been tailgated (hehehe) so it's got to be signalling, especially at roundabouts. "I CANNOT LOOK INTO YOUR MIND!! BEHOLD!! THE MAGIC FLASHING LIGHTS THAT PREDICT THE FUTURE!! OOOOOOH!!!"
Old 26 Mar 2003, 19:50 (Ref:549145)   #21
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Unfortunately, said magic flashing lights are about as accurate at predicting the future as crystal balls and tea leaves..
Old 26 Mar 2003, 22:42 (Ref:549372)   #22
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I really don't mind people pootling along at any speed, anywhere - If they're not comfortable at higher speeds, then so be it. The fault there of course is the driving test - if you're not happy at 60 on an open road, you shouldn't have passed. However, if you are inclined to pootle, LET ME PAST. I don't hang around, but if someone catches me, I call them through at the first opportunity. I find other quick drivers do the same for me. Why do slow drivers think it's their duty to bring you down to their speed? And in reply to the "Speed Kills" campaign, if you're wandering, holding people up, not signalling and using the wrong lanes, you ain't a safe driver however slowly you're going. The cause of accidents is bad driving. Speed only reduces your chance of reacting in time.

Last edited by Woolley; 26 Mar 2003 at 22:43.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 22:48 (Ref:549380)   #23
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Learner drivers. Was one till 5 months ago but now I love just pulling up behind them dodging along the road.

Also, damn nutters who in a 60 go about 45mph, then in a 30 limit go at 35. That annoys the utter **** out of me, as I will do the speed limit, or 5-10 mph below it most of the time, of course in accordance to the conditions.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 22:51 (Ref:549383)   #24
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would say 'all of the above' but since my Granada's boot space is about 2 inches shorter than it should be I selected Tailgating from the list (BTW, Alfa 156's don't have very strong front ends )
Old 26 Mar 2003, 23:56 (Ref:549449)   #25
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Whoa ha ha ha ha!

Or maybe it's that Granadas are made from girders!

Or was that Irn Bru? :confused: