Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 May 2001, 10:11 (Ref:90126)   #51
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the Brabham BT44 from 1975 - the Martini paint scheme fits so well with the car. Beautiful! Must admit though, I don't like the red BT44B Alfa Romeo as much.
Attached Thumbnails
bt44.jpg  
Old 8 May 2001, 12:03 (Ref:90175)   #52
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow !!!

That's really amazing being able to display pics from privates collections !!!

That's deserve a new forum !!!!

Old 8 May 2001, 14:01 (Ref:90227)   #53
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The most gorgeous F1 cars ever are...

5. 1993 Benetton - Green and yellow, pointy nose... mmmmm
4. 2000 Minardi M02 - gorgeous in lime green.
3. Any recent Sauber - and that white nose cone has grown on me, why, this year, it's nearly as luscious as the Minardi!!!
2. 1998 Arrows - sleek and black. Lovely.
1. 1999 Minardi M01 - a beautiful racing car, silver and blue. What can I say except it's utterly gorgeous.

And the ones which didn't quite make it...
Minardi M197 - The Kat's last car, lovely pointy nose.
1999 BAR - The Zipmobile, darn ugly at first, now a work of art. Wikid.
Old 8 May 2001, 16:09 (Ref:90272)   #54
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In no particular order,

Alfa 159
Maserati 250F
Lotus 25
Ferrari 312B
Ferrari 126C2
Brabham BT52B
Jordan 191
Ferrari 412T

And I've probably forgotten some.

Oh and thanks all for the gorgeous pictures
Old 8 May 2001, 23:46 (Ref:90559)   #55
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Murph
Hey EERO

Were you at the Glen in 1978? Lole won for Ferrari..... and gave the 2-fingered salute to his team!!! course he had been let go for '79..... replaced by the "Baby Bear". This pic is of Gilles in his 312T3.... and a week later in the Canadian GP at Montreal... Fairy tales do come true.... Gilles wins his first GP at home in Montreal!!!
Murph, I missed 76-78. I was in college;studies and girls, as well as no car on an urban campus made the idea of getting to the Glen impossibly remote. I managed to persuade my dad to go in '79 but that was the last time till I took him to Montreal last year. (I'm dragging my wife this year.)

Murph, what year was it that Hans Stuck drove off into the distance in a Brabham (only to suffer a blown tire I think)and looked like nailing a win? Were you there?

I feel the same way about the turbo era-brutish ungainly machines. Even the early nineties cars were much nicer, The Leyton House/Marches by Newey being particularly lovely.
Old 9 May 2001, 00:55 (Ref:90572)   #56
Murph
Racer

Murph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EERO

That was in 1977. I was more into Niki going for his 2nd WDC. His 4th place finish insured his championship. It was raining at the begining of the race..Stuck led the first 12 to 14 laps when he crashed out at turn one. I can't remember for sure..... but I think his car jumped out of gear going into the corner....good thing there was a lot of runoff room there. I think Stuck had about a 6 or 7 second lead over "Hunt the Shunt". What I really remember is just how unweildy Ronnie was in the 6-wheeler. He must have hated that thing in the wet cause he was all over the road, not only at the Glen but the following week he was doing 360's at Moss Corner at Mosport. At the Glen he pushed Alan Jones and Gunnar Nilsson off the road. Also our boy.."The Monza Gorilla" was in his usual form. He lost the front of his car in the early going....his front looked like he had 3 speakers hooked to it...but he ran to the finish... but finished last..down 5 laps to the winner.. James Hunt won (he had a heck of a record at the Glen), Mario was 2nd, and I think Jody was 3rd in the Wolf....again, all I cared about was Niki clinching his 2nd WDC.

Do you remember which year at the Glen that Hunt's McLaren carried Lowenbrau sponsorship and colors? Can't remember the year (1978???)but I do remember just how UGLY that McLaren looked.

take care,

Murph
Old 9 May 2001, 01:04 (Ref:90573)   #57
Murph
Racer

EERO

Talk about a "stubby" car....I liked Derek Gardner's Tyrrell 006. This is my pic of JYS going through Moss Corner during the 1972 Canadian GP. This was my first GP and I'm glad that I was able to see the "wee Scot" win that day.

take care
Attached Thumbnails
tyrrell 006 no2.jpg  
Old 9 May 2001, 18:53 (Ref:90771)   #58
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of my favorites is the above mentioned Walter Wolff Racing car driven by Jody Scheckter to victory in it's first race. Has any other team won it's first outing?

I also like the mid 60's pre-wing Lotuses and the Andretti era JPS's.
Old 9 May 2001, 19:23 (Ref:90785)   #59
Murph
Racer

Here is the winner of the 1977 Canadian GP

Murph
Attached Thumbnails
wolf1.jpg  
Old 9 May 2001, 19:23 (Ref:90786)   #60
Georgio
Rookie

Georgio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have started to upload a lot of pictures, about 650 megs, for the FOSA picture database. So far I have uploaded the years pre 50's and the 60's. The rest of the years are busy uploading and will be up in the next few days, but you can go and take a look at what is up so far at http://courierinfo.net/FOSAdb
Old 9 May 2001, 19:29 (Ref:90788)   #61
Georgio
Rookie

Hi Murph

How's this for a strange looking car ? :-)
http://courierinfo.net/FOSAdb/60s/19...cosworthF1.jpg
Old 9 May 2001, 21:58 (Ref:90831)   #62
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm telling you guys...

This hot thing deserves a new forum !
Old 9 May 2001, 22:08 (Ref:90837)   #63
Guy Goddard
Racer

Guy Goddard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Damon_racer
Mansell's FW14B (92) active ride car was an amazing peace of engineering RED 5 flew that year!
It was a great car Damon and proberbly the most complexed ever made to date and Mansell made full use of it.
If you are a Mansell or Hill fan take a look at the historic site for my thread on Williams 91 to 93.

Guy
Old 10 May 2001, 02:29 (Ref:90892)   #64
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Murph
EERO

Talk about a "stubby" car....I liked Derek Gardner's Tyrrell 006. This is my pic of JYS going through Moss Corner during the 1972 Canadian GP. This was my first GP and I'm glad that I was able to see the "wee Scot" win that day.

take care
Murph, my first race was two weeks later at the USGP, a Tyrrell 1-2.
I remember standing tanding at the bottom of the loop on the new part of the course and watching those glorious blue cars rumble through like a train, seeming invincible. It made the next year's events all the worse. In '73, the only bright spot was Hunt's first appearence at Watkins Glen, the start of his "heck of a record."
Old 10 May 2001, 02:36 (Ref:90895)   #65
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally posted by Georgio
Hi Murph

How's this for a strange looking car ? :-)
http://courierinfo.net/FOSAdb/60s/19...cosworthF1.jpg
Giorgio, that's Cosworth's foray into FWD from 1969, designed by Robin Herd, later of March. Several teams attempted four wheel drive in this era, including Matra, Lotus, McLaren and I think Ferguson.

The attempt was of course to get more power to road, but the front tires of the era could not withstand the increased loads and the cars were quickly consigned to the dungheap. FWD was subsequently outlawed by the FIA for F1.

I understand that the sole complete cosworth F1 is in the Donington collection.
Old 10 May 2001, 02:46 (Ref:90899)   #66
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murph, they called those Renaults "teapots" because they were shaped like them and because they were always steaming/smoking/blowing up. Nasty little cars, those were.

Seeing all the variety the cars used to have has made me homesick for the Good Old Days.....

Thanks everybody.
Old 10 May 2001, 02:56 (Ref:90900)   #67
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Giorgio, Great link! I found another pic of the Cosworth:

Old 10 May 2001, 03:55 (Ref:90911)   #68
Murph
Racer

1977 Canadian GP.... Renault RS01 driven by Jean-Pierre Jabouille did not qualify...... the pole was Mario in the JPS-Lotus 78 in 1m 11.3s
Jabouille time was 1m 19s........ but we now know
that Renault was on the right track.

Murph
Attached Thumbnails
frogs.jpg  
Old 10 May 2001, 07:03 (Ref:90920)   #69
Georgio
Rookie

Now that is a great pic EERO. Thanx for posting it :-)I haven't even had a chance to go through all the pictures that I am uploading to the server yet. :-)

Last edited by Georgio; 10 May 2001 at 07:05.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 01:33 (Ref:1792441)   #70
Gavin4BRM
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Gavin4BRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me, the BRM P160D and P180 were the most beautiful, despite the P180s failings. The Ferrari 312T is my other choice. Ironical that these were both Nikki Lauda driven cars
Old 17 Dec 2006, 02:11 (Ref:1792451)   #71
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Stewart SF3 from 1999 is my personal favourite, driven by both Rubens Barrichello and Johnny Herbert.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 02:54 (Ref:1792462)   #72
locco
Rookie

locco has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the current mclaren is one of the best looking
Old 17 Dec 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1792582)   #73
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Dynamic Duo

For me the two most glamorous F1 cars and also the ones that enjoyed the longest run of success were:

1) the Lotus 72

2) the McLaren M23

Both won World Championships being driven by Emerson Fittipaldi which in my book is just one more reason that they are the top two!

Old 17 Dec 2006, 12:20 (Ref:1792757)   #74
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Jordan 191, or the Green Monster. To me, absolutely gorgeous design AND paintwork. That first car was what they should all be - simple but effective.
Old 17 Dec 2006, 12:30 (Ref:1792767)   #75
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

The 93 Larousse. Goddamn she was ugly! Thats why I love her so.

The Kronenberg model was quite pleasing on the eyes though.

Following on my theme of "Brightly coloured cars"
92 Osella:

93 Bennetton (Loved the colours back then)

And of course.

Sonic legs for president!

Images

Last edited by Hazza; 17 Dec 2006 at 12:33.