Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Dec 2011, 23:43 (Ref:2997311)   #451
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard, you know facts have no place on an internet forum!
Old 9 Dec 2011, 00:15 (Ref:2997322)   #452
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard Craill, are we expecting to see more production cars in the event?
eg, Alan East Motorsport Evo IX?

Also anyone know much about the James Atkinson HSV GTS, new car? or Adam Dood XR8, i'm guessing its a BF XR8.
Old 9 Dec 2011, 00:20 (Ref:2997324)   #453
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo. View Post
Richard Craill, are we expecting to see more production cars in the event?
eg, Alan East Motorsport Evo IX?
Can't comment on Alan East - though he's been a great supporter of the Event - but yes, I reckon more Production cars are likely to be forthcoming.
Old 9 Dec 2011, 02:54 (Ref:2997359)   #454
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
United Autosports is ready for an international adventure. The unique Anglo-American
team based in Leeds (UK) and Indianapolis (USA) has committed to the 2012 Armor All
Bathurst 12 Hour race. After the impressive spectacle of the 2012 Dunlop 24H DUBAI
the team is ready to bring a visit to world's largest island and world's smallest continent,
Australia.

With the arrival of United Autosports in the 12H Bathurst, a third Audi R8 is coming to
Mount Panorama Circuit. Together with their powerful Audi R8 GT3 LMS and a magnificent
driver line-up, the team is ready to rumble. They announced they would bring a 'top driver
line-up' to each race.

Mark Patterson (USA), Alain Li and Frank Yu from Hong Kong reinforce team United in
Australia
. "United Autosports and I have had a very exciting and rewarding two year
relationship that will spill into 2012 as well. They are great team owners and always the
neatest most professional outfit on the grid," says Mark Patterson. Together with Matt Bell
(UK), Frank Yu (HKG) and Roger Wills (NZ) he will join United Autosports also in Dubai.
"This line-up we're taking to Dubai gives us a great combination of youth and experience,"
United Autosports co-owner and Managing Director, Richard Dean, said.

United Autosports has a busy schedule for the early-season endurance races, starting
with the 2012 Dunlop 24H DUBAI mid January. “United Autosports is a 52-week a year
business and the goal is to have the top GT racing team in the world," said Mr. Dean.

The reestablished 12-hr race will celebrate their tenth installment 24th - 26th February
2012. Mount Panorama welcomes teams from all over the world to participate. Event director
James O’Brien said the early announcement by United Autosports was a vote of confidence
in the growth of the Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour.
Old 9 Dec 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2997427)   #455
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Craill View Post
Can't comment on Alan East - though he's been a great supporter of the Event - but yes, I reckon more Production cars are likely to be forthcoming.
Hey Richard, can you clarify the status of Marcos Racing, Speedlover and the Pizza Company Honda from Thailand? I thought they were all on their way.

Very surprising to also see no Lancers on the entry list considering how many of them there were in the 2010 race.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 9 Dec 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2997753)   #456
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
Hey Richard, can you clarify the status of Marcos Racing, Speedlover and the Pizza Company Honda from Thailand? I thought they were all on their way.

Very surprising to also see no Lancers on the entry list considering how many of them there were in the 2010 race.
yeah not much has been said about those 3 teams but all are still on the entrylist on the 24hour series site.
Old 9 Dec 2011, 22:39 (Ref:2997781)   #457
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
The Pizza Company Racing Team is on its way to Dubai!

Although most teams have loaded in Antwerp last week, The Pizza Company has had a bit more time to load and ship their container.

Yesterday, the Honda Integra DC-5 was loaded and shipped at the port in the sunny Thailand. With only 35 days to go until the race, The Pizza Company is one of the last teams to ship it's car and equipment. Their car will arrive at the Jebel Ali Port in the United Arab Emirates at the 29th of December.

This championship winning team is looking forward to the Dunlop 24H Dubai with lots of excitement. But that is not the only race they will participate in this upcoming period, The Pizza Company Racing Team will also participate in the 12H Bathurst!

The team is still busy with all final preperations for the race in Dubai. Especially with the search for drivers. The team is still looking for two drivers which will help them get the best result at the Dubai Autodrome. Are you interested in participating with this championship winning team, than take a look at our driver/ ride board.

With their Honda Integra DC-5, The Pizza Company will compete in the A2 class agains the following teams:
  • #57 Lap 57 Racing Team- Honda Integra Type R
  • #80 Besaplast Racing Team 2- BMW Mini
  • #81 s.i.g.- Motorsport GmbH 1- BMW Mini Cooper S Works
  • #82 s.i.g.- Motorsport GmbH 2- BMW Mini Cooper S Works
  • #84 RACINGDIVAS.NL- Renault Clio RS Cup
  • #85 Equipe Verschuur- Renault Clio RS Cup
With these teams at the start grid in the A2 class, it will promiss to be a very exciting race. However, we will have to wait a couple more weeks to find out which of the above teams will go home with the best outcome in the A2 class. For more information about the classes and teams, take a look at our Provisional Entry List.
Old 10 Dec 2011, 07:16 (Ref:2997908)   #458
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
I guess some of the teams involvement will depend a lot on how they go in Dubai. If they get damage, makes it very tough to compete here.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 11 Dec 2011, 06:44 (Ref:2998292)   #459
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would this car be a possibility? I does run in the EU.
http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listin...challenge.html
Old 11 Dec 2011, 10:35 (Ref:2998337)   #460
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
PROVISIONAL ENTRY LIST (As of December 7th, 2011)
Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour
Class A – GT3 Outright
Lago Racing – Lamborghini Gallardo LP600 GT3
Consolidated Chemical Co. Racing – Lamborghini LP560 GT3
Maranello Motorsport – Ferrari F458 GT3
Clearwater Racing – Ferrari F458 GT3
Phoenix Racing – Audi R8 LMS GT3
Phoenix Racing – Audi R8 LMS GT3
United Autosport – Audi R8 LMS GT3
Black Falcon – Mercedes Benz SLS GT3
Black Falcon – Mercedes Benz SLS GT3
Bar One World – Mosler MT900
Class B – GT3
Motorsport Services – Porsche 996 GT3 Cup Car
Motorsport Services – Porsche 997 GT3 Cup Car
Tinkler Motorsports – Porsche 997 GT3 Cup Car
Class C – GT4
Planbuild Homes – Lotus Exige S
Simply Sports Cars – Lotus Exige S
Paul Freestone – Chevrolet Corvette ZO6
Class D – Production (High Performance)
Motorsport Services – BMW 135i
Motorsport Services – BMW 135i
James Atkinson – HSV GTS
GWS Motorsport – BMW 335i
Maximum Motorsport – Subaru Impreza WRX STi
Class E – Production (Performance)
GWS Motorsport – BMW 130i
GWS Motorsport – BMW 130i
Racer Industries – HSV Astra VXR
Adam Dodd – Ford Falcon XR8
Class I1 – Invitational (Petrol up to 2000cc)
Ric Shaw – Mazda RX-7
Bruce Lynton MINI Garage – Mini Cooper S JCW
Class I4 – Invitational (Diesel)
Red Camel Jordans – Seat Leon Super Copa 2.0
just noticed 'speedlover' has entered in a 2012 997 cup car. outright class too which is fair enough, 2012 car would smash the previous model in class B
Old 11 Dec 2011, 12:10 (Ref:2998376)   #461
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Bit disappointed at GT numbers but with Clipsal's proximity I can understand why some AGT regulars may not want to take part. Its a shame that the GT numbers that Dubai gets cant be repeated here especially with the foreign teams.

Anything more on Black Falcon lineup? Only mentions two drivers Wilson and Bleekmolen, would be wondering if Peter Hackett would be in one of the cars given he has raced the SLS at Bathurst before.
Old 11 Dec 2011, 22:08 (Ref:2998559)   #462
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Bit disappointed at GT numbers but with Clipsal's proximity I can understand why some AGT regulars may not want to take part. Its a shame that the GT numbers that Dubai gets cant be repeated here especially with the foreign teams.

Anything more on Black Falcon lineup? Only mentions two drivers Wilson and Bleekmolen, would be wondering if Peter Hackett would be in one of the cars given he has raced the SLS at Bathurst before.

lets hope for some real late entries after the dubai race. Also noted on the bathurst12hour site. ace driver Richard Westbrook is looking for a seat.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 07:43 (Ref:2998660)   #463
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM86 View Post
.......Also noted on the bathurst12hour site. ace driver Richard Westbrook is looking for a seat.
Now... if we could just get Mr Quinn to enter his Porsche, get Westbrook and Pat Long in with Baird. That would be a great entry.
Yeah I know..... I can hear it now. Tell him, he's dreamin'
Old 12 Dec 2011, 18:42 (Ref:2998872)   #464
Simon S
Racer

England
Simon S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lot of the problem I can see with low entry number is down to simple costs reasons...

the money required to run is not trivial, and the way it's structured is not helping in this respect.

let's not forget most of the world is having economic issues.
Old 13 Dec 2011, 03:38 (Ref:2999017)   #465
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Heard a few rumours around EC on the weekend during the 6 hour. The Wall's were said to be considering entering a Porsche...but didn't they sell the one they raced in this year? Also, a few of the proddie teams were said to be considering making late entries. Maybe the A.East Evo?
And what of the Conroy Lancer? Surely they would want to come back and defend their Class D title?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 13 Dec 2011, 07:17 (Ref:2999053)   #466
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Conroy Lancer was up for sale not long ago. Not sure if it sold or not.
Walls Porsche was owned by someone else, so if it's not sold the owner may want to see it run again.
Old 14 Dec 2011, 00:07 (Ref:2999487)   #467
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MBHQ will be shipping a seperate SLS for Hackett to run on top of the 2 Black Falcon SLS's running.

It will be a one off use fly in & fly out
Old 14 Dec 2011, 03:23 (Ref:2999520)   #468
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, in news today - the closing stages of the race to be live on SPEED TV Australia immediately following their commitments to the World Superbikes at Phillip Island. SPEED to also show the post-produced show in March.

Live TV a good step forward and hopefully dates work out next year so more of it can be live in the future..
Old 14 Dec 2011, 06:45 (Ref:2999544)   #469
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROUPA View Post
MBHQ will be shipping a seperate SLS for Hackett to run on top of the 2 Black Falcon SLS's running.

That's great news, any ideas on who will be in the car with Hackett?
Old 14 Dec 2011, 08:48 (Ref:2999581)   #470
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So, in news today - the closing stages of the race to be live on SPEED TV Australia immediately following their commitments to the World Superbikes at Phillip Island. SPEED to also show the post-produced show in March.

Live TV a good step forward and hopefully dates work out next year so more of it can be live in the future..
Except for those without pay TV

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 14 Dec 2011, 10:40 (Ref:2999619)   #471
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

That's pretty damn good news; providing it's true.
It seems a strange move. Given Black Falcon has made available more seats than the mandated minimum within their second entry - I'd assumed this was to accommodate Hackett et al.

Eagerly awaiting confirmation.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
Any confirmation as to whether the Speed package will compliment, or replace the live stream from previous years?

If it's the latter, there's both gain and loss (promotion, accessibility).
Providing it's the former, it's aces all 'round.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 14 Dec 2011 at 10:45.
Old 14 Dec 2011, 12:15 (Ref:2999645)   #472
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

That seems a strange thing to do and I agree with r4 that he could probably fit in one of the Black Falcon cars and his knowledge of the track would benefit them greatly. Who's paying the bills because a one off fly in race and fly out with one car is quite expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
Aint that the truth
Old 14 Dec 2011, 12:20 (Ref:2999647)   #473
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James Brock is confirmed for the AGT next year in a 2nd Erebus Merc - is he not?? Would this not be a tailor made fit for the MBHQ car?
Old 14 Dec 2011, 22:34 (Ref:2999959)   #474
dip it
Rookie

dip it should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clearwater Ferrari

Was told that the Clear water Ferrari 458 is going to have a factory driver and Bairdo driving. Wonder what Porsche think about Bairdo jumping ship.
Also car might stay for Bairdo to race Australia GT.
Old 14 Dec 2011, 23:48 (Ref:2999982)   #475
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

The race now has no free to air coverage.I cannot see how this can be good news.Although I have Foxtel over 70% of households do not.