Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jun 2014, 23:20 (Ref:3425641)   #301
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Some insiders argue Dr Marko is punishing Vettel for a possible move to Ferrari.
Then, Ricciardo is now the privileged driver, in the current situation.
Have you got a link for the source of that? It really surprises me how much rubbish gets around on the internet. No one could take that sort of thing seriously at any level. School must be on holidays or maybe the kindergarten kids are having the day off
Old 24 Jun 2014, 00:49 (Ref:3425671)   #302
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
I don't think there has been a change in the relationship between Marko and Vettel. Vettel does well, Marko praises him, he does not so well, Marko criticizes him. Seems quite reasonable. Of course, some Webber fans in previous seasons thought that was favouritism towards Vettel but it was probably justified much like it is now adequate to say that Ricciardo is making more of the situation than Vettel is.
That's a pretty balanced view. And probably close to the truth.
Old 25 Jun 2014, 14:49 (Ref:3426328)   #303
Cookie85
Rookie

Cookie85 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead View Post
That's a pretty balanced view. And probably close to the truth.
I agree, I don't think it's as much favouritism as it is honesty. When Vettel was winning why wouldn't he be praised? Now his not driving as well so he should expect some criticism. Marko is just saying it how it is IMO
Old 29 Jun 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3427742)   #304
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie85 View Post
I agree, I don't think it's as much favouritism as it is honesty. When Vettel was winning why wouldn't he be praised? Now his not driving as well so he should expect some criticism. Marko is just saying it how it is IMO
Go to 6:15 mins here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TJb9ra-7OU

It would seem that Marko and Vettel have a seeringly honest relationship, and Vettel isn't too much of a princess to take the criticism.
Probably one of the reasons he has been successful.
Old 5 Jul 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3430579)   #305
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Go to 6:15 mins here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TJb9ra-7OU

It would seem that Marko and Vettel have a seeringly honest relationship, and Vettel isn't too much of a princess to take the criticism.
Probably one of the reasons he has been successful.
totally correct ... the Australian anti-Vettel brigade ignore the fact that he gets along well with Ricciardo and that most(all) of the animosity peviously was caused by Mark. Vettel is the best driver and the best personality and the the most level headed guy in F1
Old 5 Jul 2014, 14:18 (Ref:3430581)   #306
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
totally correct ... the Australian anti-Vettel brigade ignore the fact that he gets along well with Ricciardo and that most(all) of the animosity peviously was caused by Mark. Vettel is the best driver and the best personality and the the most level headed guy in F1
Vettel has taken the tough times very well for someone who has just won the last 4 WDCs. Fernando Alonso would've moved teams/left F1 and probably caused £££s of collateral damage by now.
Old 5 Jul 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3430653)   #307
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
no way, Daniel Ricciardo is much quicker then Vettel, on the same machinery Daniel would leave Vettel for dust, why? cause he's Aussie, and we are the bestest at everything.
Old 5 Jul 2014, 23:06 (Ref:3430712)   #308
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Webber did not cause animosity with Vettel. Vettel's various antics caused the animosity with Webber.

Nothwithstanding today's quali, Vettel is down and out and knows enough to know it's time consolidate and then rebound. No point in Vettel annoying Ricciardo or getting upset with him at this stage.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 20:25 (Ref:3431161)   #309
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Webber did not cause animosity with Vettel.
crazy talk

Old 7 Jul 2014, 14:06 (Ref:3431434)   #310
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
no way, Daniel Ricciardo is much quicker then Vettel, on the same machinery Daniel would leave Vettel for dust, why? cause he's Aussie, and we are the bestest at everything.
I'm not sure that's quite true, although considering you are an Aussie, you are entitled to think that

Why is it that - intentionally or not - Ricciardo's strategy always seems to be better than Vettel's? Is he just better with tyres, or more of a thinking driver? Or is it blatant favouritism
Old 7 Jul 2014, 15:42 (Ref:3431460)   #311
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I'm not sure that's quite true, although considering you are an Aussie, you are entitled to think that

Why is it that - intentionally or not - Ricciardo's strategy always seems to be better than Vettel's? Is he just better with tyres, or more of a thinking driver? Or is it blatant favouritism
Horner said yesterday in a post race interview that DR's strategy calls are done by the team and that 'Dan does what he's told' ....
Old 7 Jul 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3431550)   #312
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Horner said yesterday in a post race interview that DR's strategy calls are done by the team and that 'Dan does what he's told' ....
Horner did say that, however I think he was deflecting a poor decision that was made in that case. Dan blamed himself for what happened in qualifying, and altimately feedback on the track conditions must come from the driver.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 23:14 (Ref:3431588)   #313
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
correct, it's really a team call, Daniel Ricciardo was going to pit not long after his first pitstop, but the tyres were good so he made the call back to say if he could go longer on the mediums, so he stayed out and lasted a massive 37 laps, not bad for a ''rookie''.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post

and you're entitled to think that my flag represents my nationality

of course Redbull are favouring someone over their 4 time World Champ lol, have you ever considered that he is the Number 1 driver at Redbull now.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 03:55 (Ref:3431640)   #314
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
correct, it's really a team call, Daniel Ricciardo was going to pit not long after his first pitstop, but the tyres were good so he made the call back to say if he could go longer on the mediums, so he stayed out and lasted a massive 37 laps, not bad for a ''rookie''.
Just for fun!

Ricciardo a Rookie - for perspective – total GPs

Magnussen 6
Kvyat 9
Ascari 34
Vergne 44
Hawthorn 47
Cevert 48
Grosjean 50
Fangio 51
Ricciardo 55
Perez 62
Rindt 63
Hulkenberg 63
Maldonado 63
Gilles Villeneuve 68
Clark 73
Hunt 93
Stewart 99
Vettel 125
Fittipaldi 149
Senna 162
Lauda 177
Prost 202
Alonso 222
Schumacher 308
Barrichello 326
Old 8 Jul 2014, 04:58 (Ref:3431648)   #315
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Just for fun!

Ricciardo a Rookie - for perspective – total GPs

Magnussen 6
Kvyat 9
Ascari 34
Vergne 44
Hawthorn 47
Cevert 48
Grosjean 50
Fangio 51
Ricciardo 55
Perez 62
Rindt 63
Hulkenberg 63
Maldonado 63
Gilles Villeneuve 68
Clark 73
Hunt 93
Stewart 99
Vettel 125
Fittipaldi 149
Senna 162
Lauda 177
Prost 202
Alonso 222
Schumacher 308
Barrichello 326
not bad for a ''rookie'' team-mate hey?
Old 8 Jul 2014, 12:13 (Ref:3431767)   #316
Smurfer
Racer

Australia
Smurfer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is interesting to see how well Dan seems to be managing his tyres. I thought he went through them too quickly while at torro Rossi which allowed vergne back in the game as the race went on. Maybe the same would apply if vergne were at rbr, who knows.

I just hope he keeps on smiling, even when things don't go his way.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 12:41 (Ref:3431780)   #317
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
not bad for a ''rookie'' team-mate hey?
Fangio may have been quite good if he had bothered to stay with it!
Old 19 Jul 2014, 22:30 (Ref:3435641)   #318
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Ricciardo out qualifying his more experienced team-mate again.
Old 19 Jul 2014, 23:06 (Ref:3435647)   #319
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does experience really count for anything? Was it that surprising that rookie Hulkenberg was out qualifying Barichello at Williams a few years ago.

I find keeping tally in this particular battle pointless because it's clear Vettel does not like this years Red Bull.

However their is still a point to be made. Being beaten by Ricciardo isn't what's detracting from his greatness. Not being able to get the most out of a car he doesn't like is what's detracting. Many of the champions he gets compared to were able to drive lackluster cars very well.
Old 19 Jul 2014, 23:39 (Ref:3435654)   #320
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
what's even more surprising (to some) is that Daniel Ricciardo is now the #1 Driver @ RBR, am loving this team battle so far LOL!
Old 20 Jul 2014, 01:26 (Ref:3435669)   #321
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wish they kept the old numbering system, purely because I want to hear "not bad for a number two driver" again from another Aussie!
Old 20 Jul 2014, 09:21 (Ref:3435742)   #322
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That said when that infamous phrase was coined by M Webber - they were numbered #5 and #6
Old 20 Jul 2014, 11:32 (Ref:3435780)   #323
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
I wish they kept the old numbering system, purely because I want to hear "not bad for a number two driver" again from another Aussie!
I think Ricciardo's a bit above that. He carries himself really well in and out of the car and has clearly galvanised the team around him a lot better than Mark did. To be fair he hasn't yet had to deal with an on form Vettel, but when he has to, I think he'll also manage the situation better than Mark did.
Old 21 Jul 2014, 08:09 (Ref:3436141)   #324
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a contrast to the last round. Alonso and Vettel were in a great fight, when the spoilt brat starts to yell and scream like a little child. This round, Alonso in a similar battle with Ricciardo. There is no yelling, no screaming and no whining. Just pure racing. Finger boy should watch and learn how true drivers (with ability) respect each other and the art of racing. How this pathetic excuse for a F1 driver became a 4 time champion is beyond me. He sure did get lucky. Right time at the right place.

Fernando Alonso on his battle with Ricciardo: “He’s driving fantastically and today he was battling very smart – always taking the slipstream of me after I pass him and braking very late, attacking very late and never missing a corner.

“He was very, very smart, very respectful with the rules and it was a great fight.

“I think he’s doing unbelievable; I think he’s seven-three in the first ten races with Sebastian, so it’s something we probably didn’t suspect."
Old 21 Jul 2014, 08:27 (Ref:3436151)   #325
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We know you do not like him but Alonso and Vettel are always screaming at each other ever since Monza 2011, it is not only Vettel. Do you think the same about Alonso then?