Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Pick the champions!
Audi Sport Team Joest 79 50.32%
Toyota Racing 42 26.75%
Porsche 31 19.75%
Rebellion Racing 2 1.27%
OAK Racing 1 0.64%
The other guys... 2 1.27%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 May 2014, 16:45 (Ref:3406682)   #1026
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Technically it's already that way. Nobody -including teams- gives a crap about the championship in the first three races but concentrates fully on the big one, only after the 12 year summer break start they thinking about next y... I mean championship.
Thus the solution is to diminish the value even more.

Old 15 May 2014, 16:47 (Ref:3406683)   #1027
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen similar things said about them choosing the best package for the whole season.

If they'd have chosed 6MJ the 'ERS incentive' wouldn't have come into it because they'd all have 6MJ... Of course fuel flow would be less but that's because of the respective energy levels of the fuels.
Old 15 May 2014, 16:48 (Ref:3406684)   #1028
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Thus the solution is to diminish the value even more.

If you are implicating that I would support the idea of having LM as the final race - no I absolute wouldn't.

Removing LM from the series calendar on other hand - that has always been my stand, even with the otherwise successful ILMC.
Old 15 May 2014, 17:08 (Ref:3406694)   #1029
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
If you are implicating that I would support the idea of having LM as the final race - no I absolute wouldn't.
Ok, then it's a comment generally for people supporting the idea.

Quote:
Removing LM from the series calendar on other hand - that has always been my stand, even with the otherwise successful ILMC.
With that I can't agree. Other than solving the WEC entry limit problem can't see any other positive thing in that. If WEC has hard time (at least with the 3 month break) absorbing any media attention from 24LM week(end), then it certainly won't be any easier if it's not part of the championship.
Old 15 May 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3406704)   #1030
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Some people here are kind of disgusted by the succes the Wec is having and thus is making me feel disgusted about them. Monaco is a special race in the F1 calendar. Le Mans is a special date in the WEC. There is nothing better than having a solid international series. The manufacturers value the WEC lol they are spending millions in there. Audi ran two high downforce cars at spa in prep for the races after Le Mans. The WEC is getting better and better and some people are so narrow minded they only think about Le Mans. Well... it must suck having to wait a year to see the race xD
Old 15 May 2014, 17:32 (Ref:3406706)   #1031
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
manufacturers use WEC to promote their brands. To promote brands is required exposure and media coverage. LM gives to wec more than 75% of the overall exposure and media coverage... without LM, WEC is just something more than an international le mans series. Without LM, manufacturers will leave at once, without manufacturers there is no WEC. As you can see WEC depends by le mans.
Old 15 May 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3406714)   #1032
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
manufacturers use WEC to promote their brands. To promote brands is required exposure and media coverage. LM gives to wec more than 75% of the overall exposure and media coverage... without LM, WEC is just something more than an international le mans series. Without LM, manufacturers will leave at once, without manufacturers there is no WEC. As you can see WEC depends by le mans.
Of course the WEC depends on Le Mans! The WEC has only been in existence for 3 years while Le Mans is having its 82nd run. Having Le Mans part of the WEC helps build the championship and begin to build a sustainable world sportcar series. This process will take a long time.

However, the ACO and FIA have to be careful. The WEC has to become prestigious on its own, not because of Le Mans...similar to IndyCar or NASCAR or F1. Manufacturers and teams who are serious about the championship will help grow it but again, this takes many years to accomplish.
Old 15 May 2014, 18:40 (Ref:3406730)   #1033
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Not having WEC in the calendar would also create greater possibility of manufacturers only doing LM and cherry picking few WEC races. That would suck and would be going back to pre-ILMC times. Of course this is already possible because it's not like ACO is going to turn down any manufacturer entry ever, but just a lot less likely.
Old 15 May 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3406757)   #1034
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
ACO can make a rule that allows full season teams to take part at al le mans ONLY if they have taken part at least at 5 of the 7 previous races before LM (and 2 races in a row can't be skipped).

Basicly the leit motiv for team principals is: does your private team want to take part at le mans? well, you must first earn the right to take part.
Ok, that could work.
Old 21 May 2014, 09:36 (Ref:3408558)   #1035
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Neveu & Montreal:
Quote:
There’s been a rumor that the championship could go to Montreal in 2015. Can you comment?

“For every time you’d see me speak with a circuit manager, there would be many rumors. I cannot comment on this rumor. The French have a good relationship with Quebecers. The FIA WEC is growing interest in more circuits.

“We are watching [developments] worldwide. To return to Montreal, it’s not a place in contradiction with endurance.”
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/n...ll-be-le-mans/
Old 21 May 2014, 09:42 (Ref:3408562)   #1036
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The FIA WEC is growing interest in more circuits.
Thats the best part of the interview imo. Get it done Mr. Neveu!
Old 21 May 2014, 10:30 (Ref:3408585)   #1037
Flo aus N
Rookie

Flo aus N should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Thats the best part of the interview imo. Get it done Mr. Neveu!
I would not be surprised if we end up with the same schedule than we had since 2012...

Do not forget: thats the man who had no interest in having a race in Germany and the same man who lied to the manufacturs with his app and the paywall of the WEC-Stream. I woud him not believe a single word.
Old 21 May 2014, 10:45 (Ref:3408588)   #1038
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo aus N View Post
Do not forget: thats the man who had no interest in having a race in Germany
Old 21 May 2014, 11:56 (Ref:3408617)   #1039
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Ok, that could work.
Could it? When they're struggling to get 56 with basically no prerequisites this year and every eligible car/team interested in being there being there?
Old 21 May 2014, 14:57 (Ref:3408707)   #1040
Bandicoot17
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Bandicoot17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I would not be surprised if we end up with the same schedule than we had since 2012...
This wouldn't really be a problem though, yes as fans we all want to see the cars racing every weekend on the worlds best circuits, but the organisers have to make sure the series is viable and for what is a series in it's early days it can't overextend itself. That's why there's an entry list cap for instance.

Manufacturers are starting to show interest and once you have a solid core (which is hard to get in racing) then you can start to push out and add race weekends.
Old 21 May 2014, 15:22 (Ref:3408717)   #1041
dbagtbag
Racer

Japan
Michigan, USA
dbagtbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddbagtbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot17 View Post
This wouldn't really be a problem though, yes as fans we all want to see the cars racing every weekend on the worlds best circuits, but the organisers have to make sure the series is viable and for what is a series in it's early days it can't overextend itself. That's why there's an entry list cap for instance.

Manufacturers are starting to show interest and once you have a solid core (which is hard to get in racing) then you can start to push out and add race weekends.
Yeah. The thing was they needed to make sure all the teams actually knew how much it costs to compete at Le Mans. There has been some complaints from the teams on how vague the ACO have been regarding budgeting.
Old 21 May 2014, 16:05 (Ref:3408737)   #1042
Flo aus N
Rookie

Flo aus N should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Audi and Porsche were forcing for a race in Germany, but the ACO/FIA und particular Neveu had or still has no interest. He favors tracks like India or Russia. And after several things, for example the entrence fees for LMP2 or the streaming paywall... let's make it in a short way: he is the biggest problem, WEC actually has.
Old 21 May 2014, 16:06 (Ref:3408738)   #1043
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ooooh harsh words but I have to agree with part of it
Old 21 May 2014, 16:18 (Ref:3408742)   #1044
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Audi and Porsche were forcing for a race in Germany, but the ACO/FIA und particular Neveu had or still has no interest.
How about some proof especially that Nurburgring was willing and ready to arrange a race in the first place.

Quote:
He favors tracks like India or Russia.
I'm not seeing those in the calendar.
Old 31 May 2014, 14:14 (Ref:3413165)   #1045
aleks_ader
Rookie

aleks_ader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was looking into WEC LM P1 rules and i cannot found direct evidence witch rule prevent/allow the mechanical interlink 4×4 drive, like on land cruiser or on rally cars? I m asking this, because i m wondering if you could avoid MGU rule of propelling single drive only.

Did someone could share some thoughts about that?

Ps. sorry if i just put this question into wrong topic.
Old 31 May 2014, 18:04 (Ref:3413276)   #1046
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see WEC at abu dhabi, but please india or russia not...
anyway has been released the bop sheet of tests? because in the previous ones the C7R had not a bop apparently.
Old 31 May 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3413326)   #1047
madfast
Rookie

madfast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleks_ader View Post
I was looking into WEC LM P1 rules and i cannot found direct evidence witch rule prevent/allow the mechanical interlink 4×4 drive, like on land cruiser or on rally cars? I m asking this, because i m wondering if you could avoid MGU rule of propelling single drive only.

Did someone could share some thoughts about that?

Ps. sorry if i just put this question into wrong topic.
ART. 11 TRANSMISSION SYSTEM
11.1 Transmission Types
No transmission system apart from the MGU(s) may permit more than two wheels to be driven.

you're welcome
Old 12 Jun 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3419364)   #1048
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans will be the last Race of the championship in the future.
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/f...t-progressing/
Old 12 Jun 2014, 18:04 (Ref:3419371)   #1049
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
There is a plan for that but you make it sound like it is a done deal..which is it not as the article discusses.
Old 12 Jun 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3419392)   #1050
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
There is a plan for that but you make it sound like it is a done deal..which is it not as the article discusses.
Sorry, I expressed myself wrong, You are right