Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 21 Apr 2008, 10:00 (Ref:2182732)   #1
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone in insurance?

Hi guys, I hope someone knows this answer.

When I turned 17, I bought a Peugeot 306 1.4 and every year I paid the insurance premium in full, always fully comp. It was valued at £1500 and the premium was £1760, then came down each year by a fair amount. I'm 24 now and I'm paying £530 FC with Zurich on the same car, now valued at £600.

Now, I'm wanting to change car later this year, probably to a 607 diesel company car as I'm going to be changing jobs in July, and the plan is to pass the 306 to my brother.

He hasn't passed his test yet, and he's 22, so the question is, will the insurance be as high for him as it was for me? He's a new driver, but 21 is the age where most companies consider people to be more mature.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 10:21 (Ref:2182750)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But if he has no experience at all......

I suspect the answer is yes. But make sure you (he) shop around. That are still deals to be had.
Old 21 Apr 2008, 13:03 (Ref:2182896)   #3
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius

When I turned 17, I bought a Peugeot 306 1.4 and every year I paid the insurance premium in full, always fully comp. It was valued at £1500 and the premium was £1760, then came down each year by a fair amount. I'm 24 now and I'm paying £530 FC with Zurich on the same car, now valued at £600.

I just wonder why you have fully comp insurance ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 22 Apr 2008, 16:35 (Ref:2184193)   #4
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im 17, current insurance is 800 as a learner, and looking for when i passed my test the cheapest qoute is 1300

but someone i know is 21, his current insurance is 800, and when he passes his qoute is 600