Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 17 Apr 2008, 18:38 (Ref:2180047)   #1
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are Ford Focuses (Foci?) supposed to have a sump guard/protector?

Just had a close encounter with a rising bollard.

Basically caught the bottom of the sump on the top of the bollard as it was retracting. Cue small hole and lots of oil all over the car park plus a red face!

When I looked, there was nothing covering the sump ( My Dad's older Ford Galaxy has a plastic sump cover which would at least stopped most of the oil spilling all over the floor) Which made me wonder if the Focus is supppsed to have a cover of some sort?

To add to my embarrasment it was directly outside the studio of the photographer I had been trying to impress who is sorting me out with Wimbledon passes!! he saw everything!!

Oh well, you have to laugh!!
Old 17 Apr 2008, 19:20 (Ref:2180083)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
The plastic under trays fitted to most cars now are only there for airflow under the vehicle for reducing noise and increasing mpg, AND ARE NOT A GUARD.
The worst ones for clouting sumps IMHO are The VW range as I have fitted loads of new ones. Steel ones take a biff as they just normally bend, unlike the trend to make them out of aluminium alloy.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Apr 2008, 19:28 (Ref:2180091)   #3
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I expect the ford ones are aluminium alloy too as I was going less than walking pace when I hit the bollard. Perhaps a plastic cover would have given me a bit of a warning as i would have heard it scraping before it made contact. Also, the bottom of the bumper just folded back as if it was made of rubber. I'd have preferred it if it had just cracked as again i would have had a warning.

Oh well, it's academic now, guess I just have to be more careful in the future!!!
Old 17 Apr 2008, 19:37 (Ref:2180103)   #4
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I have had to fit 2 new engines in the past for people that have knocked a hole in them over speed bumps, and driven them with no oil until they stopped !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !