Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Will you be attending the International Sports Car Weekend at COTA?
Yes 21 31.34%
No 45 67.16%
Maybe so 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Sep 2013, 12:57 (Ref:3305218)   #76
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftandright View Post
Yep, from T1 down thru all the esses to T11 hairpin, all very good viewing. On the other side of track over by observation tower, hillside to view T19 and below the pedestrian bridge on inside of the start of carousel turn T16, nice grassy spot to watch them accelerating into the carousel. Should be a couple pit walks I think I saw on the scedule, always cool. Gotta see that Toyota, and the Audi (although have seen it already in action at the Petit). First post btw...
Welcome to 10 Tenths.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3305351)   #77
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Fox continues their brilliance

"In an update today, the FIA WEC can confirm that US sports broadcaster Fox Sports 1 will not be broadcasting the 6 Hours of the Circuit of the Americas live as previously indicated. The information that the FIA WEC received from TV rights agency IMG was in error and we apologise to all our US fans for this.

However live streaming of qualifying and the race will be shown in full across the USA on the official website for free at www.fiawec.com.

The race starts at 11am (Central) on Sunday 22 September.

Fox Sports 1 have confirmed they will be broadcasting the 52 minutes highlights programme of the race in Texas, which will be shown at a later date."
Old 17 Sep 2013, 19:07 (Ref:3305364)   #78
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post

"In an update today, the FIA WEC can confirm that US sports broadcaster Fox Sports 1 will not be broadcasting the 6 Hours of the Circuit of the Americas live as previously indicated. The information that the FIA WEC received from TV rights agency IMG was in error and we apologise to all our US fans for this.

However live streaming of qualifying and the race will be shown in full across the USA on the official website for free at www.fiawec.com.

Fox Sports 1 have confirmed they will be broadcasting the 52 minutes highlights programme of the race in Texas, which will be shown at a later date."
I expected as much.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 20:27 (Ref:3305409)   #79
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Brilliant Fox, brilliant. At least the streams on the ACO, WEC sites and Dailymotion won't be geo-blocked.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3305411)   #80
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quite like the promotional material that's starting to emerge about this. Design-wise a step change beyond some of the stuff we've seen previously.

Old 17 Sep 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3305416)   #81
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Too good to be true. Their current lineup for Sunday is pathetic, unless you're a fan of dirt track racing and ARCA series, followed by "ultimate ufc knockouts".
Old 17 Sep 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3305417)   #82
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
The Ten-Tenths Supported Spotter Guide for CoTA has now been released with ALMS and WEC Guides available individually or as a combined PDF.

The WEC guide will receive a small update on Wednesday once an Embargo has ended.

Download the guides on the ALMS and WEC Pages of www.spotterguides.com

* NOTE= The ALMS and WEC guides are different sizes as Europe uses ISO size paper and North America uses a different system, the PDF has been sized for North America proportions
Old 17 Sep 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3305446)   #83
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
There will now be two WEC promoters' test sessions on Thursday for teams to familiarize themselves with the track.

Which is a good thing since Friday looks like a potential wash out, and there's a chance for rain on Saturday, too. Thursday and Sunday look clear, though.
Old 17 Sep 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3305459)   #84
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and tomorrow the forecast will be different, has it has changed every day this past week.

A 70% chance of rain means that there's a 70% chance that at some point during the day, it will rain... which is almost a given anywhere in the hill country this time of year. ;-)

Last edited by Breitling24; 17 Sep 2013 at 22:28.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 17 Sep 2013, 22:56 (Ref:3305492)   #85
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
My brother lived in Houston which is a ways from Austin, but said temps are usually in the 80's this time of year. Hows that stack up with what you're seeing in the area?
Old 18 Sep 2013, 00:27 (Ref:3305518)   #86
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is there live TV of WEC events anywhere? Europe? All I ever see is www.fiawec.com
Old 18 Sep 2013, 01:27 (Ref:3305527)   #87
TF110
Veteran

United States
Some European carriers have these races. Motors TV etc. Not sure on this particular race.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 01:35 (Ref:3305528)   #88
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
The Ten-Tenths Supported Spotter Guide for CoTA has now been released with ALMS and WEC Guides available individually or as a combined PDF.

The WEC guide will receive a small update on Wednesday once an Embargo has ended.

Download the guides on the ALMS and WEC Pages of www.spotterguides.com

* NOTE= The ALMS and WEC guides are different sizes as Europe uses ISO size paper and North America uses a different system, the PDF has been sized for North America proportions
Thank you, Andy... you're a legend!

I think my dad may need this...
Old 18 Sep 2013, 01:36 (Ref:3305529)   #89
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
Is there live TV of WEC events anywhere? Europe? All I ever see is www.fiawec.com
No reason to complain - it's better: works on mobile devices, there's RLM commentary, no commercial breaks (with the exception of Nissan ads by Mr. Hindhaugh).
Old 18 Sep 2013, 01:51 (Ref:3305535)   #90
TF110
Veteran

United States
No more 'Art' Aston Martin? I liked that livery. Broke up the sea of blue!
Old 18 Sep 2013, 03:19 (Ref:3305549)   #91
Bicknell55
Rookie

United States
Lancaster, PA
Bicknell55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Would someone who has already been to COTA be interested in putting together a spectator FAQ? For example:

Best photo locations.
Best viewing locations in general.
Any interesting or recommended food options at the circuit?
How much does beer cost?
How long does it take to walk from one end to the other, are there shuttles?
How far is it from downtown and what public transportation options are there?

Anything else you can think of. Thanks.
Pics from the 2012 F1 race: http://www.brentsmithphotography.com...toftheAmericas

A long lens opens up a lot more options.

They had a decent deal at the F1 race where you got a glass of their pre-mixed Long Island Iced Tea along with a commemorative glass for something like $5-$7. Best deal when it came to drinks IMO.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 03:34 (Ref:3305554)   #92
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Downtown Austin this evening at the W Hotel

Old 18 Sep 2013, 04:04 (Ref:3305556)   #93
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bit of an error on the spotter guide, the Starworks PC is listed as a 3rd BAR1 Motorsports car
Old 18 Sep 2013, 07:06 (Ref:3305594)   #94
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Would someone who has already been to COTA be interested in putting together a spectator FAQ? For example:

Best photo locations.
Best viewing locations in general.
Any interesting or recommended food options at the circuit?
How much does beer cost?
How long does it take to walk from one end to the other, are there shuttles?
How far is it from downtown and what public transportation options are there?

Anything else you can think of. Thanks.
I only saw the short course but the only GA photo locations were the outside of the esses and on bridges.

I stayed outside the esses mostly, a little in turn one and i think 17? Whatever the last turn prior to the pit entrance. There are screens everywhere, so not really a bad spot.

All the food I had was edible and expensive. $12 for a Bubba burger.

Beer was $9 for a 16oz.

There are shuttles that run from the parking lots to the front entrance. It isn't a 'well oiled machine' yet, so be prepared to wait. The place is huge... Makes Daytona look like Dixie speedway.

It is about 15-20 miles from downtown. We rented a car to go from the track to the hotel. Our hotel ran shuttles downtown. I did see some people taking taxis to the track.

Sunblock, umbrellas. There is absolutely no shade. If there was a tree on the Texas prairie, they knocked it over. You can bring in one bottle of water but that's it.

It's a cool place but lacks the atmosphere I'm used to at most road courses.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 07:26 (Ref:3305598)   #95
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:

So which one actually made the error? Fox or IMG? It was a newspiece here anyway: http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/sport...breaking-news/
Old 18 Sep 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3305621)   #96
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I only saw the short course but the only GA photo locations were the outside of the esses and on bridges.

I stayed outside the esses mostly, a little in turn one and i think 17? Whatever the last turn prior to the pit entrance. There are screens everywhere, so not really a bad spot.

All the food I had was edible and expensive. $12 for a Bubba burger.

Beer was $9 for a 16oz.

There are shuttles that run from the parking lots to the front entrance. It isn't a 'well oiled machine' yet, so be prepared to wait. The place is huge... Makes Daytona look like Dixie speedway.

It is about 15-20 miles from downtown. We rented a car to go from the track to the hotel. Our hotel ran shuttles downtown. I did see some people taking taxis to the track.

Sunblock, umbrellas. There is absolutely no shade. If there was a tree on the Texas prairie, they knocked it over. You can bring in one bottle of water but that's it.

It's a cool place but lacks the atmosphere I'm used to at most road courses.
Good info. Thats the heart of Texas for you. I am glad I'm waiting for next year. There have been a lot of hot days and I don't need any more of a tan.

Be safe, for everyone attending. The heat isn't much of an issue for me but for some I know it can be!
Old 18 Sep 2013, 11:24 (Ref:3305700)   #97
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im really disappointed to see no ALMS teams have a go at this ...... its sad really .

Maybe they should remove the race from North America next year due to lack of interest . Some country what would support it , would be more deserving .
Old 18 Sep 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3305709)   #98
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im really disappointed to see no ALMS teams have a go at this ...... its sad really .

Maybe they should remove the race from North America next year due to lack of interest . Some country what would support it , would be more deserving .
Eh? No ELMS teams raced in the WEC race on the Sunday, should they not go to the UK either?

All the ALMS teams are racing on their budget limit already, why would they enter a 6 hour race with absolutely no benefit for them and risk their own championship effort?

Lack of interest? Plenty of American drivers and a couple of teams racing in the series.

I don't understand your point at all, maybe I've misunderstood.
Old 18 Sep 2013, 12:18 (Ref:3305732)   #99
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So is there no separate ALMS thread for this race?
Old 18 Sep 2013, 13:04 (Ref:3305749)   #100
jeast
Racer

jeast User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Yeah because all those cars from the Brazilian Le Mans series ran last race right?
The ALMS teams have their own series to worry about.