Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Sep 2001, 18:55 (Ref:147072)   #1
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Support package addition

The Porsches confirmed today that they are joining the TOCA package next year.

Excellent - 2 more races.
Old 16 Sep 2001, 19:25 (Ref:147084)   #2
Rache
Racer

Rache should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you sure they are not replacing one of the existing packages?????
Old 16 Sep 2001, 21:09 (Ref:147165)   #3
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Oh don't say that Rache - please tell me that the Lotus will still be around.
Old 16 Sep 2001, 21:37 (Ref:147191)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!

will everything stop changing! my head's spinning!
Old 16 Sep 2001, 23:54 (Ref:147257)   #5
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This time of year will bring much speculation, uncertainty and rumours. Listen to it but with a pinch of salt until TOCA have officially announced it. Yes, I am speaking from experience here!
Old 17 Sep 2001, 23:44 (Ref:147676)   #6
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion Porches represent overpriced banger racing!
Old 18 Sep 2001, 09:44 (Ref:147777)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Does that mean that TVR's join as well? I hear they have done a deal with Eurosport to televise every round next year!
Old 18 Sep 2001, 17:25 (Ref:147950)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah the Porches and TVR's are well worth a watch, its good to see the support package is shaping up.
Old 18 Sep 2001, 21:40 (Ref:148090)   #9
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Porsches - I think that there soooo good looking, especially the newish ones.
Old 24 Sep 2001, 22:16 (Ref:150671)   #10
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TVR Tuscans have been confirmed as being on the new PowerTour package for next year (along F3 and GTs). Dunno about anything else though, apart from the fact that Lotuses should be on the TOCA bill still as they're contracted for a further year.
Old 24 Sep 2001, 22:42 (Ref:150692)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Tuscan's get new aero packages for next year, slitters and big rear wings I'm told, along with coverage of every race by British Eurosport. I don't know if that will be shown live yet, although I doubt it. Probably a week later or maybe mid week.
Old 24 Sep 2001, 22:42 (Ref:150693)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
That last post should read 'splitters and large rear wings' sorry folks!
Old 25 Sep 2001, 05:50 (Ref:150802)   #13
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Formula Fords are back with Toca.

But Lotus is only a query. They have had problems with grid sizes all this year and it looks a little doubtfull that they will be there next year.
Old 25 Sep 2001, 08:39 (Ref:150835)   #14
Sodemo2
Racer

Sodemo2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I think they should get shot of the Lotus' package, and just keep the Clios.
Then bring in the TVR's, Porches, FFord, and maybe the Mini's.

I always thought the problem with the Lotus' is the same problem with the old Spider's, the cars were so expensive that they were afraid of overtaking in case they smashed them to bits.
Old 25 Sep 2001, 11:06 (Ref:150889)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I'm glad the Formula Ford guys are back in the TOCA package. I just hope they don't leave them to the last race on Sunday as they used to. F Fords is still one of the closest race series in the world!

Anyone going to the F Ford Festival at Brands next month?
Old 25 Sep 2001, 11:29 (Ref:150903)   #16
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Anyone going to the F Ford Festival at Brands next month?
Me!!! I'll be there! One of the guys I build web sites for (Charles Hollings) will be racing, I'll have to go and freeze my arse off! Anyone else fancy camping at the end of October? I don't think I can afford anything warmer, like a hotel!
Old 25 Sep 2001, 17:19 (Ref:151071)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Paul,

Keep your fingers crossed that the sun shines. Don't you know anyone with a large van you could borrow and sleep in? It might be warmer!
Old 25 Sep 2001, 22:30 (Ref:151285)   #18
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Keep your fingers crossed that the sun shines.
I can't! The Mygales go better in the wet, and as I do the press releases and web site for Charles Hollings, who drives for Mackie Motorsport, I have to hope for wet weather because he'll do better then! He gained 29 places at Spa in the wet last weekend in one race!!!
Old 26 Sep 2001, 07:47 (Ref:151419)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Well make sure you pack plenty of thermal undies! Actually, the last couple of years the weather has been pretty good for the Festival.
Old 26 Sep 2001, 10:47 (Ref:151488)   #20
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would the Porsches be similar to the Porsche Pirelli Supercup which one sleeps through at an F1 race? Oh goody...

Sodemo2, I second your request - BRING IN THE MINIS!!!!!!
Old 26 Sep 2001, 12:30 (Ref:151524)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
might be able to make it to the good old f.ford festival.... so, i'll have to bring a brolly, eh?
they should put the minis on the btcc programme, and steal the formula fords from the powertour. those things are comedy
Old 26 Sep 2001, 12:59 (Ref:151538)   #22
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
They still prove some of the best and closest racing in the UK Bella (F Fords that is) although the mini's come a close second.
Old 26 Sep 2001, 18:34 (Ref:151712)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
they just look like little spiders. or flea racing. minis without the comedy value, if you will. and for some reason, i find the noise they make hideously amusing. and, er, yeah, very good racing... (girlie alert...)

watched the race (kind of) from paddock hill bend last meeting, and christ! those kids are insane!
Old 26 Sep 2001, 21:24 (Ref:151822)   #24
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Then if you had raised your eyes a millimetre or two and glanced across the track to the marshals post at the bottom of Graham Hill (on the inside of the circuit) you would have seen me in my red shoes!

Alas, it will have to be another time *sighs*