Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 1 Jun 2007, 01:40 (Ref:1925826)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Diff
Yahbut there's no such thing as a 100% green car.
Well my 1998 juice green Mondeo was 100% green. But the 1964 MG 1100 I had in 1976 was 50% green. It was white on the bottom half.

Knowlesy, they are oil "platforms" not rigs. Rigs do the drilling, platforms are the things that stay in positon and deliver the oil/gas from the sea bed. There you go, serious information.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 01:50 (Ref:1925829)   #27
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Well my 1998 juice green Mondeo was 100% green. But the 1964 MG 1100 I had in 1976 was 50% green. It was white on the bottom half.

Knowlesy, they are oil "platforms" not rigs. Rigs do the drilling, platforms are the things that stay in positon and deliver the oil/gas from the sea bed. There you go, serious information.
In my best tree hugging, kaftan wearing, mung bean eating, 60's hippy throwback voice "hey maaaaan, I was, like, totally, like meaning it won't hurt the earth maaan, like environmentally friendly, you dig?"

You in oil, Peter?
Old 1 Jun 2007, 01:53 (Ref:1925830)   #28
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
I had a "green" Anglia van that I used to run on paraffin when I was an apprentice earning ten quid a week living in a hole in the road
You were lucky! We used to dream of living in hole in middle of road. Would have been a palace to us!
Old 1 Jun 2007, 01:57 (Ref:1925831)   #29
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 02:04 (Ref:1925835)   #30
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah

Last edited by rcarr; 1 Jun 2007 at 02:07.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 02:18 (Ref:1925840)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Diff
You in oil, Peter?
I'm in bed at the moment.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 02:26 (Ref:1925841)   #32
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Quote:
I'm in bed at the moment.
That doesn't stop oil being involved...
Old 1 Jun 2007, 03:10 (Ref:1925849)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
True.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 13:34 (Ref:1926254)   #34
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
I am on top of it dj, I just need people to comment on why they don't buy greener cars, this is to finish my MA, my 1st degree final project I designed a big 5 litre sports prototype which was 0% green, this is to get me a job not a penis extension! Been there done that, that didn't get me very far!
ill give you a LONG list of reason's why i wont buy a green car and the pluses of a green car

pro's

1.) it shut's greenpeace and the tree huggers up
2.) you dont pay as much car tax, this will be negated when road pricing comes in, so this isnt really a pro for long.

con's

1.) they cost a ridiculous amount of money to buy ( no way in hell will i pay £20,000 for a prius!!!)
2.) they are god awfully ugly
3.) they are absolutely terrible to drive
4.) what do you do with the electric motor's when they run out?
5.) what do you do when you cant get ethanol because of a bad harvest or drought of crops?
6.) why am i going to trail electrical cables to my garage every night or to my car on the street
7.) most of them arent that fuel efficient, buy a diesel instead if you want good fuel effciency
8.) they are horrificaly slow, by that i mean my peugeot 106 with its lawmower 1.1 engine is faster
9.) for £20,000 i can buy something a damn sight better and a damn sight nicer in every single way than a prius or lexus which cost's about £35,000
10.) green does now look good on anything but a aston martin vantage or certain classic car's, it doesnt look nice on your BMW M3 or audi RS4
Old 1 Jun 2007, 13:45 (Ref:1926263)   #35
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Thank you DJ, very helpful. I think it is the same across the board.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 14:29 (Ref:1926288)   #36
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I did drive a Lexus hybrid green something or other the other week. It was the dog's do dahs. Fast, quiet, nice to drive and probably very thirsty and very expensive to buy. It has caused vast pollution in some god forsaken outback of Canada where the battery was made, will cause vast amounts of pollution when the battery and electric motors need replacing and will cost an arm, a leg and probably a couple of other bits of human anatomy when it goes wrong.
If you want to be carbon friendly buy a Renault Clio or VW Polo diesel.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 14:45 (Ref:1926302)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I was speaking from a "greenie" perspective. They would not have bothered to research anything and would not know this.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 15:18 (Ref:1926323)   #38
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
How about the GWiz? Anyone come across that? Tried it?
Old 1 Jun 2007, 15:33 (Ref:1926332)   #39
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How about the GWiz? Anyone come across that? Tried it?
the word beginning with s and ending in t is a huge overestimate of this thing, owning one of these could possibly be compared to having genital wart's
Old 1 Jun 2007, 16:00 (Ref:1926347)   #40
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
OK dj, thank you for the insight of a person who lives in semi-rural Wales, that GWiz statement was not directed at you, it was more for the London dwellers on the forum.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 16:01 (Ref:1926348)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well how was he to know?
Old 1 Jun 2007, 16:12 (Ref:1926351)   #42
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Why would he possibly want a 40mph car in the middle of Wales or yourself, in rural Cumbria! Or indeed me in mid-Leicestershire/Scotland.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 16:15 (Ref:1926352)   #43
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

He might be a mad greenie.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 16:22 (Ref:1926357)   #44
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
He might be a mad greenie.
With this flu that I have at the moment, I am producing "mad greenies"
Old 1 Jun 2007, 16:31 (Ref:1926364)   #45
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
OK dj, thank you for the insight of a person who lives in semi-rural Wales, that GWiz statement was not directed at you, it was more for the London dwellers on the forum.
Why would I want a GWiz, whatever it is? We're not all standing on one anothers heads here.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 16:36 (Ref:1926367)   #46
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Why would I want a GWiz, whatever it is? We're not all standing on one anothers heads here.
Tim, you may not be like some other Londoners either, SOME people in London care about the environment and want a mode of transport that will not be hit hard by the congestion charge. I have seen 1 GWiz in London in the past few months apparently there are over 900 of them in London somewhere.

This is what they look like:

Old 1 Jun 2007, 16:39 (Ref:1926371)   #47
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
a friend of the family owned a gWIZ, god knows why, i drove it and it was absolutely horrific, for something so small and light it rolled and was cumbersome like a lorry, you put your foot flat to the floor and nothing happens.

it is built like one of them cheap porterloo's at oulton park for the BTCC and superbike race meetings, and by god it's that bad it make's me want to vomit!!.

i think it would be a trifle useless in busy urban area's as well, by the time the traffic lights will have changed to green and then to red you wont have covered the distance in time, hence you would forever be stuck at traffic light's, and to get round roundabout's would take yonk's
Old 1 Jun 2007, 16:51 (Ref:1926380)   #48
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

You can see the reasoning behind them. I mean, you don't ever reach any sort of speed in London, so that disadvantage is negated.

However anyone who drives one would, I am sure, look like a complete idiot. Not just because they are driving a hideous excuse of a box, but because they will have ran out of power halfway to work in the morning and therefore won't be moving very far.

Is it really worth it just to lend your support to poxy environmentalists?
Old 1 Jun 2007, 17:00 (Ref:1926391)   #49
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
You can see the reasoning behind them. I mean, you don't ever reach any sort of speed in London, so that disadvantage is negated.

However anyone who drives one would, I am sure, look like a complete idiot. Not just because they are driving a hideous excuse of a box, but because they will have ran out of power halfway to work in the morning and therefore won't be moving very far.

Is it really worth it just to lend your support to poxy environmentalists?
No but it should make me a very rich man by the end of it! Im going to burn several holes in the ozone layer right now! Enjoy the weekend guys I wait with bated breath for the replies of lots of people on this topic!
Old 1 Jun 2007, 17:25 (Ref:1926410)   #50
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
No but it should make me a very rich man by the end of it! topic!
Then you can flash your Platinum Amex around.