Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Dec 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3182781)   #1
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1999 Auto Trader British Touring Car Championship

Hi there,

I'm looking for data and results for the 1999 BTCC season. As you can see, www.touringcars.net/results is probably one of the internet's biggest resources of touring car race results.

Whilst I do have race results for the 1999 BTCC season, I'm still missing quite a bit of data within those, such as fastest laps for each driver. As I'm looking to 'upgrade' this season's results now, I was wondering if anyone on here has the data that I'm looking for?

Please get in touch if you can help out.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 6 Jan 2013, 18:07 (Ref:3185594)   #2
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
I would be surprised, given the popularity of the BTCC at the time and that it was relatively recent, if no-one had any resources to help out?

Can anyone help? I will publish any additional data online to ensure that this BTCC data remains easy to find for all to see.

Thanks,

Andy
Old 12 Jan 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3188234)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Might be worth posting in the main touring car section as this is till pretty recent stuff for History I think. We can always move it back here later.
Old 13 Jan 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3188605)   #4
mattsmith
Rookie

England
Somerset
mattsmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCCPages has what looks like a full archive of results for 1999.

http://www.btccpages.com/rounds/1999/
Old 13 Jan 2013, 22:29 (Ref:3188705)   #5
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Thanks but I've already got more information than that anyway (including qualifying which that website doesn't have):

http://www.touringcars.net/results/1999/index.php

I'm looking for more comprehensive data, including each driver's best lap times. Please get in touch if you can help.
Old 13 Jan 2013, 22:41 (Ref:3188710)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
1999 was a bit of a dull year. Nissan domination for the most part. In fact, you can probably "blame" that on the introduction of success weight penalties and all that other nonsense.
Old 13 Jan 2013, 23:07 (Ref:3188714)   #7
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
1999 was a bit of a dull year. Nissan domination for the most part. In fact, you can probably "blame" that on the introduction of success weight penalties and all that other nonsense.
Weight penalties were 2000 surely?
Old 14 Jan 2013, 08:17 (Ref:3188833)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Weight penalties were 2000 surely?
Yep, exactly. After the domination of 1999, for 2000 they brought in those weight penalties.