Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 23 Jan 2009, 22:56 (Ref:2377953)   #351
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Bathurst, January 2009....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Jan 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2378276)   #352
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice GTR, shame to see the poor old Magna go though. those little Golf's go pretty hard was shocked how well they went when i went in one a while back.

the wagon is a nice addition to the Calais there Stealthy. did you get new wheels for the Calais and put the old one's on the wagon or do both beasts have the same wheels?

we are still going on the VH, forever doing stuff, hoping to do the interior soon nothing to outragous just some scheel seats (similar look to Brock seats) and door trims and backseat re-trimed, havn't decided on the material yet but it won't be to different colourwise to the original, the dash & hood lining will remain the same. also might be dropping the 5-speed and going back to an auto, semi manualised with 3.5 diff gears.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 24 Jan 2009 at 16:20.
Old 25 Jan 2009, 00:37 (Ref:2378483)   #353
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY
My 'Fun' Car. VP Calais International, 5.0L V8/6 speed manual

Bloody P Platers
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 25 Jan 2009, 02:44 (Ref:2378510)   #354
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
nice GTR, shame to see the poor old Magna go though. those little Golf's go pretty hard was shocked how well they went when i went in one a while back.
I liked the attempt of an arty shot... on the startline @ Bathurst in pole position (and will get away better than Skaife/Tander...) on a hot day just after a rain shower causes steam to come off the racing surface.

Makes it as slippery as a fresh polished floor to drive on, but the pic is nice
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 25 Jan 2009, 07:34 (Ref:2378569)   #355
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Bloody P Platers
still trundling around in the old Apolo mate?
Old 25 Jan 2009, 08:32 (Ref:2378581)   #356
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
Bloody P Platers
Bloody rebadged car owners
Old 25 Jan 2009, 08:34 (Ref:2378584)   #357
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I liked the attempt of an arty shot... on the startline @ Bathurst in pole position (and will get away better than Skaife/Tander...) on a hot day just after a rain shower causes steam to come off the racing surface.

Makes it as slippery as a fresh polished floor to drive on, but the pic is nice
Yeah awesome shot. Made it look half decent (sorry but there just not my thing, RWD or nothing for me )
Old 25 Jan 2009, 08:57 (Ref:2378592)   #358
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Yeah awesome shot. Made it look half decent (sorry but there just not my thing, RWD or nothing for me )
amen to that!!!
Old 25 Jan 2009, 23:05 (Ref:2379229)   #359
cjent
Rookie

United States
FL & NC, USA
cjent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My MB

SLK 320 manual gearbox. Now has 89000 Miles.
Love at first sight and had to have it.
Old 28 Jan 2009, 07:10 (Ref:2381192)   #360
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
still trundling around in the old Apolo mate?
For the moment... Although I got to throw away the P Plates yesterday!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 28 Jan 2009, 09:38 (Ref:2381280)   #361
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
lucky bugger i've got my reds until April and then got to look forward to 2 years of green P's.

am tossing up flogging the VP for a VE JVS, it's just an Omega with a bodykit similar to the Clubby one and 20" wheels. don't know yet depends on finances, if not i will just tidy the VP up abit.
Old 28 Jan 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2381333)   #362
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Keep the VP!! My mum sold her VP Limited Edition (V8). Six years later and I wished she'd kept it for me...
Old 28 Jan 2009, 13:02 (Ref:2381389)   #363
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
mine is nothing special just a ex-copper, it's neat but needs abit of rust cut out near the back window, got a friend of of a friend lined up to do it he painted the VH for us. i'm going to give the engine bay a quick lick of paint myself as i'm not too fussed how that comes out. anything would look better then it does now.

a big pulling point of me keeping the old girl is it runs on dual fuel and that helps the bank balance abit.
Old 28 Jan 2009, 13:47 (Ref:2381422)   #364
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
You want something that helps the bank balance... 2 litre straight-4 does the job perfectly... $70 to fill a tank which lasts me 2-3 weeks... ...

If it was my choice I'd keep your VP. Newer cars these days have none of the 'soul' that new cars have, and everyday cars these days are becoming less and less powerful... My car had 82kW when it was stock (1990), whereas my other half has a whopping 72kW in her 2002 model Hyundai. Both are everyday cars...
Old 29 Jan 2009, 02:12 (Ref:2381811)   #365
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
yeah i love the old girls.

i love it when we go to shows or on cruises and the old Holdens, Monaro's, early Commodores, Falcons & GT's are brought out it's great while the done up newer cars that turn up are nice they just don't have the same appeal.

another thing i like about the old cars is they are easy to work on, you just grab your tolls and away you go. in the new cars there is electrical stuff everywhere and the bloody computer is a hassel sometimes.
Old 29 Jan 2009, 02:27 (Ref:2381820)   #366
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Too true! I replaced a headlight on the Hyundai once, I had to take out the battery just to get to the thing! Plus when older cars break down it's a lot easier (and usually cheaper) to fix. I've had my car for about 15 months now, the only thing I've had to replace is the regulator, which cost $50 and I could do myself.

But, having a Holden (nee Toyota) the darn thing just goes and doesn't stop.
Old 29 Jan 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2382006)   #367
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
just over the last couple of weeks had an over heating problem with mine so i did the waterpump, and thermostate, the pump was stuffed and due to the previous owner oly running water it was stuffed. still overheated so i presure tested it and found out the bottom radiator hose was leaking at the waterpump end so just to be done i through a radiator (only because i knew it had only water in it and at was abit rusty in the tank and hose on it and now it runs cool as.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 10:18 (Ref:2382568)   #368
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
How much was it pro?

Mine was blocked and overheated when sitting at lights etc. New radiator and she's perfect now
Old 30 Jan 2009, 13:01 (Ref:2382646)   #369
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
got mine trade $189. we get everything trade we have a few shops we go to and get trade as we have got to know the blokes, so that helps heaps a few $ here and there.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 21:55 (Ref:2382900)   #370
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here is my 2nd Toyota supra turbo, which I traded in a few months ago. To the right is my newer Clio 172 cup, suprisingly on balance I would say the Clio is actually quicker than the supra. Its probably a touch quicker 0-60, but loses out on accleration there after but is by no means slow, but unlike the supra as it only weights 1025kg as opposed to 1600kg it handles like its on rails and you can brake stupidly late. My only real regret is I didnt get the Clio sooner, will keep it for a while yet but have allready got my next car in mind, im thinking of a Alfa 147 GTA.
Attached Thumbnails
My red Toyota supra pic 13.jpg   Renault clio 172 cup pic 2.jpg  

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 30 Jan 2009 at 22:01.
Old 31 Jan 2009, 01:07 (Ref:2382971)   #371
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Here is my 2nd Toyota supra turbo, which I traded in a few months ago. To the right is my newer Clio 172 cup, suprisingly on balance I would say the Clio is actually quicker than the supra. Its probably a touch quicker 0-60, but loses out on accleration there after but is by no means slow, but unlike the supra as it only weights 1025kg as opposed to 1600kg it handles like its on rails and you can brake stupidly late. My only real regret is I didnt get the Clio sooner, will keep it for a while yet but have allready got my next car in mind, im thinking of a Alfa 147 GTA.
When i saw your name, i thought awesome, a Saleen. utterly disappointed when i saw a clio
Old 31 Jan 2009, 18:17 (Ref:2383318)   #372
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjent
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/cjent1/Misc/IMG_0008.jpg
SLK 320 manual gearbox. Now has 89000 Miles.
Love at first sight and had to have it.
I had a couple of the later ones, albeit only the 200. A definite girls car, but I had fun in them. I'm getting another on Tuesday too! I've specified the smaller wheels/tyres too as I always thought it over-tyred.
Old 31 Jan 2009, 21:47 (Ref:2383390)   #373
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
My son's other half had a 200SLK for a while, has now moved on (down?) to to a Smart car.

Son had a Smart car for a while, has now moved up to a Cherokee Grand Chief, aka Chelsea tractor.

Explain.
Old 1 Feb 2009, 00:47 (Ref:2383455)   #374
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
When i saw your name, i thought awesome, a Saleen. utterly disappointed when i saw a clio
I too would be dissapointed if it was only a standard clio, the 172 cup version however is a very different animal. Not much can touch it in the corners or brakes or accleration, sure top end it tops out at 138mph but it isnt slow getting there trust me. Apart from cars like Evo's and top spec Imprezas there isnt much quicker than it for "normal" every day road cars.
Old 1 Feb 2009, 03:50 (Ref:2383510)   #375
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
My son's other half had a 200SLK for a while, has now moved on (down?) to to a Smart car.

Son had a Smart car for a while, has now moved up to a Cherokee Grand Chief, aka Chelsea tractor.

Explain.
More money than sense?