Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 15 Jul 2011, 00:23 (Ref:2926881)   #526
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Just taken delivery of a Peugeot RCZ...the most stunning car I've ever driven. I would post some pictures if I could
Congratulations... Beautiful car.
Old 15 Jul 2011, 00:32 (Ref:2926882)   #527
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Volvo C30 & T5 Engine...

Folks,

I'm looking at buying a 2008/09 Volvo C30 T5 manual... Was wondering if anyone has any experience with either the C30 or the late T5 drivetrains of the Volvo range (or even in the Focus ST (XR5 in Aus))???

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated...
Old 28 Jul 2011, 05:01 (Ref:2932006)   #528
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After a very long search,we have just added a Nissan 350Z to the 'stable'.Fully loaded,one lady owner and very low mileage. It was available and had 'I'm yours' written all over it.
Old 22 Nov 2011, 06:47 (Ref:2989889)   #529
insane.nick
Rookie

India
Jaipur,India
insane.nick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota Corolla - still going strong...what you say??? is it good?
Old 5 Apr 2012, 14:52 (Ref:3054098)   #530
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2007 Renault Megane 1.4L (Dynamique) saloon, fire engine red.
2000 Audi allroad 2.7T, metallic dark green.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 13:47 (Ref:3060935)   #531
Mark-e21
Rookie

Mark-e21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My daily driver is a 1981 BMW 323i. It's been warmed over to make it more reliable and a little bit quicker, using the engine from a later 328.

My weekend fun is a track prepared 1988 325i and I am restoring an Alpina/TWR 335 e21 BMW that has a 3.5, 6 branch etc and triple 45's.

Old 17 Apr 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3061063)   #532
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm just a little bit in love with all early 90s and earlier bmws, particularly alpinas. i learnt to drive in the family 85(ish) b10 when i was 13, so the love runs deep

that first one's a stunner! how much more work do you have to go on the restore?
Old 17 Apr 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3061135)   #533
Mark-e21
Rookie

Mark-e21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not too much really.

It is one of three cars built by Tom Walkinshaw back in 1982. It was the only one to be built to full 240bhp specification and Tom would boast of it's ability to out drag a 911 turbo, which he saw as the benchmark of the day. It was just so expensive though and the conversion was a further £8k above and beyond the £8k list price of the 323i, on which it was based.

All that's left is to paint and re-fit the shell. Refit the newly built head and set up the carbs. Service the brakes, refit the interior and refurb' the Alpina wheels. I also have an LSD to fit, although TWR used not to fit one in an effort to give a basic traction control.

This link tells a little more...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/...161bb601_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4032/...41825df3_b.jpg
Old 23 Apr 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3064362)   #534
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
2002 Saab 9-5 2.3t Vector Estate.

Haven't managed to fill the boot yet. Seats are superbly comfortable and heated. Not the fastest thing on the road, but on longer trips, the combination of cruise control, an huuuuuge turbo, sure footed-ness and comfort make miles pass like no other car I've driven. Often get out of it feeling more relaxed and less tired than when I get in. Factory stereo is brilliant, just lacking a CD changer and MP3 input

The thing I like most is that Saab seem to have put lots of very considerate touches on their cars that seem to indicate they cared more about how much you enjoyed the car than cutting corners. Very sadly this is also why they went under. I just know that when I get my next car, I'm going to miss the windscreen visor that folds out to stop glare from both the front and the side at the same time. And the rear folding seats that have an indicator telling you if the back rest is properly located in place. And the auto dimming rear view mirror. And the washer bottle warning that tells you when it's 3/4 empty, not completely empty and too late to be useful. And the clock that sets itself using RDS time codes from the radio. And the cup-holders that actually hold a cup properly. And the lights on the bottom of the doors that actually light where you're going to put your feet when you get out. And little clip on the windscreen to hold a parking payment ticket or pass without having to stick anything to the glass. And the Child locks that are operated with the ignition key.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3066867)   #535
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
wheelsportaddict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now driving a 2009 (58 plate) Citroen Nemo van. Okay okay it's not a car I know but seeing as it's the only wheels I have, I might as well mention it. And yes, it is white

I have the 'LX' spec one, with electric windows and mirrors, rake and height adjustable steering wheel and drivers seat, 'auto-locking' for the side and rear doors. It also has that clever passenger seat (called EXTENSO) that folds flat to provide a small work desk, or pull the strap at the back and it lowers to the level of the load space to provide space for longer length items.

In recent times, cars have had an audible alarm to warn you that you've left the headlights on, in the Nemo (and I guess so on more modern cars) you don't need one as the lights are wired into the ignition system, so switch off when the ignition is turned off.

The cabin feels more roomy than it's bigger brother, the Berlingo (which I had on hire for 10 days). It's a nice van to drive, if a little 'bouncy' when there's no weight in the back, as has been said in several reviews. The 'Trip' button on the end of the wiper stalk allows you to scroll through lots of useful info, from fuel tank range, average mpg and more.

All-in-all a cracking little van.
Old 18 May 2012, 10:11 (Ref:3076027)   #536
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another new (NEW!) motorcar for me.

I was looking around for inspiration for a change of car and came across some stupidly cheap 18-month lease deals from Volvo on V60 R-Designs.

As I don't have to worry about resale I ordered it in a silly colour.

Excuse the poor mobile-phone camera and underground carpark lighting.

The deal was only on the 1.6D so it is very much a sheep in wolf's clothing.
Old 18 May 2012, 10:34 (Ref:3076032)   #537
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Agonisingly ditched my beloved Smart Roadster for something a bit more practical. Picked up a BMW 320d Touring. Nice bit of kit. Very comfortable, not very exciting.
Old 18 May 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3076082)   #538
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
take it round the nurburgring. that turned my 320td compact into something very exciting, particularly on a damp track
Old 18 May 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3076235)   #539
Carl Chambers
Rookie

United Kingdom
Norfolk/Suffolk
Carl Chambers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2004 54 reg Clio V6 255
2007 57 reg Clio 197 F1 R27
2000 W reg 306 Rallye
1991 H reg 205 GTi16 Griffe

and 2 306 race cars, as you can tell I like my hot hatches
Old 19 May 2012, 18:31 (Ref:3076546)   #540
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Welcome Carl.

I do like the Clio V6, and keep thinking I could live with one day-to-day but I keep chickening out.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3087660)   #541
BajaTom
Rookie

United Kingdom
Chester/ Cheshire
BajaTom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I drive a 2007 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Zetec and a 1974 Baja Beetle.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 20:49 (Ref:3104829)   #542
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just finished some work to my truck so I thought I'd post a new pic. Since I bought it I added a Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" leveling kit, 34" BF Goodrich ATs, bull bar with KC HiLites, and a few other misc. things.

Old 11 Jul 2012, 09:02 (Ref:3104992)   #543
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryos View Post
Didnt see this around so decided to plop it in

I just recently got a 1.9 TDi 105BHP Jetta Black Comfort Line

Not a great picture from the office

Have the Fogs and Cruise control at the moment, fairly decent car! Im going remapping the ecu to 150bhp soon. Used to have a Golf TDi 110 chipped to 130 Rocketship!!

So whats everyone else drive these days ?
Sill have the jetta 220k Km on it now, have been looking at getting a new jetta but i dont want a small 1.6 TDI

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 11 Jul 2012, 09:36 (Ref:3104998)   #544
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sill have the jetta 220k Km on it now, have been looking at getting a new jetta but i dont want a small 1.6 TDI
Did you get it remapped? And have you had to replace the turbo? (Interested to see if someone has got one to last on the 1.9 engine! - I didn't! ). I'm in the same position really regarding my next car - I only need a small hatchback but I want a diesel with a bit of poke and they all seem to be 1600's now (I drove a Fiesta Zetec S diesel recently and whilst it was nice enough to drive it was a bit gutless with the 1.6tdci).
Old 11 Jul 2012, 09:39 (Ref:3104999)   #545
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I just finished some work to my truck so I thought I'd post a new pic. Since I bought it I added a Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" leveling kit, 34" BF Goodrich ATs, bull bar with KC HiLites, and a few other misc. things.
That is nice, mate, love it!
Old 11 Jul 2012, 12:07 (Ref:3105059)   #546
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Did you get it remapped? And have you had to replace the turbo? (Interested to see if someone has got one to last on the 1.9 engine! - I didn't! ). I'm in the same position really regarding my next car - I only need a small hatchback but I want a diesel with a bit of poke and they all seem to be 1600's now (I drove a Fiesta Zetec S diesel recently and whilst it was nice enough to drive it was a bit gutless with the 1.6tdci).
Got the ECU remapped, its on about 135/140 and hasn't missed a beat, no turbo noise out of the ordinary so far. The one thing that is noticeable now is the duel mass flywheel which is becoming more pronounced on tickover.

The only thing ive had to replace really over the last few years is water pipes due to splitting last november...

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 11 Jul 2012, 12:53 (Ref:3105096)   #547
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Got the ECU remapped, its on about 135/140 and hasn't missed a beat, no turbo noise out of the ordinary so far. The one thing that is noticeable now is the duel mass flywheel which is becoming more pronounced on tickover.
My turbo let go with no warning whatsoever fortunately it was only the turbo that needed replacing, it didn't take anything else with it. My car is a Fabia Vrs so is the 130bhp 1.9 - I know people that have popped turbos on that engine in Golfs, Leons and Tourans as well so it's a common problem.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3105105)   #548
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
A Ford Falcon
Old 11 Jul 2012, 18:17 (Ref:3105258)   #549
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Heh, a six year update from the OP. I love it! Good to hear it is still serving you well. Hopefully some more folks will post updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTimmeh View Post
That is nice, mate, love it!
Thanks! I gots a Monaro in the garage. I need to post some updated pics of it as well. It looks a lot different than the red X several pages back.
Old 11 Jul 2012, 22:37 (Ref:3105384)   #550
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
I'm getting a Subaru Impreza WRX STI Limited or a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution for my 16th birthday. With a little help from my finances, of course!