Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Dec 2003, 16:51 (Ref:820422)   #1
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody any imfo on tv coverage?

Just found a tape with a couple of races on it from the 02 season which I recorded from the skyf1+ channel. Itwas a reminder of how good that coverage was. Has anybody good any imformation if and when this channel will make a return?
Old 25 Dec 2003, 21:11 (Ref:820499)   #2
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
If - lots of rumours, Bernie wants to bring it back - but it needs to be cost effective for it to make it's re-appearance. When - that'll be anyone's guess!
Old 25 Dec 2003, 22:41 (Ref:820528)   #3
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie wants to bring it back next season and provide it as the world feed. He has all the equipment and he's sunk a load of dosh into it.

Why would he do this? Provide much better quality tv pictures and he can drive the prices up sky high when it comes to renegotiating with television companies round the world.

Why mightn't it happen? Because local TV companies like the prestige of producing the images for their country's grand prix.

Bernie will make it happen, he always does.
Old 26 Dec 2003, 01:35 (Ref:820600)   #4
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Logrence
Bernie wants to bring it back next season and provide it as the world feed. He has all the equipment and he's sunk a load of dosh into it.

Why would he do this? Provide much better quality tv pictures and he can drive the prices up sky high when it comes to renegotiating with television companies round the world.

Why mightn't it happen? Because local TV companies like the prestige of producing the images for their country's grand prix.

Bernie will make it happen, he always does.
I hope so....World Feed broadcasts range from Good to Awful (indeed, it was the shoddy direction of the 02 Malaysian Grand Prix that pursuaded me to part with cash to get F1 Digi from Brazil, and I never looked back......until I had to,....of course! )

The best thing about that channel (apart from seeing all the sessions....and without ads!) was that you were seperate from the world feed, so you KNEW that not one incedent would be missed, it was a nice, safe feeling!

Why Bernie cut it when it was losing him a bit of Money, I'll never know.....I think he made enough that year to cover that loss!
Old 28 Dec 2003, 05:37 (Ref:821659)   #5
Beerman3000
Rookie

Beerman3000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tell ya what really blows... Regardless of the quality of coverage, it's having to get up at some godawful early hr. on Sunday morns. usually after an eventfull Sat. night to be able to watch the race live on SpeedChannel here in the states!!!
Old 28 Dec 2003, 10:30 (Ref:821747)   #6
MacMan
Racer

Australia
Perth
MacMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Beerman3000
Tell ya what really blows... Regardless of the quality of coverage, it's having to get up at some godawful early hr. on Sunday morns. usually after an eventfull Sat. night to be able to watch the race live on SpeedChannel here in the states!!!
the things we do for the sport we love
I think the FIA should move all the start times to suit the US.

Last edited by MacMan; 28 Dec 2003 at 10:32.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 10:31 (Ref:821748)   #7
MacMan
Racer

Australia
Perth
MacMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Last edited by MacMan; 28 Dec 2003 at 10:31.