Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old Yesterday, 07:21 (Ref:4207058)   #176
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You may feel that way, I do not, it is a fairly simple difference of opinion. It is not always amateur drivers who make mistakes, but they do seem to make daft ones.

And you miss the main issue which is that modern GT3 cars are inherently very difficult on most UK tracks other than Silverstone, even there in bad weather they are. They are too big, too wide and that makes passing almost impossible, making these guys make more mistakes. You might enjoy that, I find it a bit like watching truck racing at times sorry, the cars are great yes, but they look a bit daft sometimes on some, not all UK tracks.

I am not saying I do not watch it, why is that always the first response from people when you post some negative opinions on something, this is meant to be constructive, saying "watch something else" is not really that helpful.

My personal opinion is that GT3 needs to be dumped and make the entire series GT4, it has worked wonders in France where they have huge grids, those cars would work far better on our tracks are not as fast, less tricky to drive.

You will still get the same number of errors, because rich guys egos etc. But perhaps it might also encourage more youth teams, as that seems popular in UK GT4 racing, and that is surely a better way to push the series in my view.
Old Yesterday, 12:40 (Ref:4207089)   #177
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GT3 in British GT is in its healthiest state pretty much since GT3 came into existence. Im really not sure any constructive suggestions could justify scrapping a very popular and well supported class right now.

GT4 in France makes total sense. They couldnt continue to draw GT3 grids domestically and there is great demand for GT4 there. Its a really incredible series to watch.

I dont get why GT3 cars being difficult to drive on UK circuits is an issue. Again, thats really kind of the point. If it was easy and no-one made mistakes, it'd make for boring processions.

Im all for constructive criticism, im just struggling to really see what your issue with the series, which is in arguebly its strongest form in decades.

Everything you seem to dislike about the series is what makes British GT what it is, and what makes it different to GTWC, or DTM, or any other series for that matter.

Hence the suggestion to try a different series if the current format isnt for you. Its a pretty much sure thing that it isnt going to change any time soon
Old Yesterday, 16:09 (Ref:4207112)   #178
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess you like aspects of it I do not and vice versa.

It really is that simple.

I find myself drifting off watching British GT as I do usually with most GT3 racing, it is in a strong place yes, but mainly due to endless meddling, this has a plus and a minus, I feel GT3 cars are too bulky and awkward for our tracks, despite there being a decent grid of them, (largely only one make it has to be said)

I do not think GT4 would be processional, if anything GT3 usually is! as the cars are so equal, one of the most enjoyable GT races I have watched in years was GT4 from Ricard recently, less aero, cars with plusses and minuses. Thism all seems masked at times in GT3 with several things, you can make a difference as Harper did at Donny last year, but sadly I see it less and less. I also see immense talent being hampered.

As I say I want different things to you, let's leave it at that as this is going nowhere.
Old Today, 09:32 (Ref:4207180)   #179
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
I guess you like aspects of it I do not and vice versa.

It really is that simple.

I find myself drifting off watching British GT as I do usually with most GT3 racing, it is in a strong place yes, but mainly due to endless meddling, this has a plus and a minus, I feel GT3 cars are too bulky and awkward for our tracks, despite there being a decent grid of them, (largely only one make it has to be said)

I do not think GT4 would be processional, if anything GT3 usually is! as the cars are so equal, one of the most enjoyable GT races I have watched in years was GT4 from Ricard recently, less aero, cars with plusses and minuses. Thism all seems masked at times in GT3 with several things, you can make a difference as Harper did at Donny last year, but sadly I see it less and less. I also see immense talent being hampered.

As I say I want different things to you, let's leave it at that as this is going nowhere.
You are Max Braams - I claim my £5