Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 8 Jul 2005, 15:54 (Ref:1350371)   #1
Xpunk75
Racer

United States
Detroit
Xpunk75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"The Danica Factor" Being Missed Used?

Hey guys, I've read a few post's here and their about the Danica Popularity being used to Promote Champ Car Events this season at other tracks. Or that the Danica factor is going to help Champ Car bring in more butts in seats. Well I for one am a big Champ Car supporter, but I think that some of these promoters of false advertising to fans who dont know any better if their using the Danica Factor to promote their races just because IRL cars and Champ Cars look some what similar to lets say the fan who doesn't know any better or doesn't understand the split or has just started watching open wheel racing in the last few years and doesn't understand the diffrence between the two series. I know i talk to lots of people who like racing and they are confused between the two series all the time. Thats why I feel that if Champ Car is relying on sellling seats on the Danica Factor for some of their races its like lying to new fans who might be turned off when they realize she is not Racing in Champ Car. I just wanted to know if this is really happening and if you guys think its a bogus way to promote Champ Car Races.
Old 8 Jul 2005, 16:03 (Ref:1350374)   #2
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dean McNulty had an article in yesterday's Toronto Sun(well actually a number because it was a 72page pullout) about Katherine Legge saying how she didn't want to go the Danica route, she'd rather be known for winning races. She won the TA race at Long Beach, giving her the first win for a female in Atlantics, something Danica never did. Is it because she's only in Atlantics that she's not getting a lot of hype? Or is that she hasn't done an FHM-type spread?
Old 8 Jul 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1350380)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I'm unaware of any CC events using Danica as promotion. Might you elaborate?
Old 8 Jul 2005, 16:20 (Ref:1350384)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wasn't, either.....examples would help us here....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 8 Jul 2005, 16:46 (Ref:1350402)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I'm unaware of any CC marketing using Danica hype... for now

Regarding Legge, Danica didn't get much hype while in Atlantics either, other then the spread in FHM... and Danica's career until Atlantics has a bit higher success then Legge, in particular the success in the Ford Festival.

I hope Legge succeeds at a higher level.
Old 8 Jul 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1350414)   #6
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
She needs to win a race. Pretty sure she has never won a car race.
Even in the Festival she 'should' have finished 5th, had 3 guys in front not collided on the last but one corner. But hey that's luck and all drivers need it.
Lovely person but she needs results to back her pole and back the hype. Pretty sure she will get a win before season end.
Old 8 Jul 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1350451)   #7
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I'm closing this thread because I believe it to be unfounded and unsubstantiated. If anybody can provide me a valid reason via PM as to why it should be reopened, I'll gladly do so.