Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Sep 2023, 07:25 (Ref:4176815)   #276
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty sure Sargeant said he's selling one of them, but whichever sells first will go and the other will stay?
Old 19 Sep 2023, 19:40 (Ref:4177494)   #277
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Multiple sources inside the championship circle are suggesting Dan Kirby has passed away.
Old 19 Sep 2023, 21:06 (Ref:4177505)   #278
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocatrucky View Post
Multiple sources inside the championship circle are suggesting Dan Kirby has passed away.
Sadly true, he passed away 06.48 today in Hospital, peacefully with his family by his side. R.I.P. Dan
Old 20 Sep 2023, 07:54 (Ref:4177530)   #279
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From racing in TCR UK earlier this year, to resigning from most of his companies in July and now passing away, a very sudden and sad end for Dan. RIP and thoughts with his family and young girls.
Old 20 Sep 2023, 14:06 (Ref:4177571)   #280
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Discussion about 2024 in this topic.
Old 27 Sep 2023, 12:21 (Ref:4178494)   #281
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found it interesting contrasting with two TCR team mates from last season over the last few days.
Jamie Tonks didn't show up to race in Minis at BTCC after announcing it, while his teammate from last year Jessica Hawkins tested an F1 car.

Nothing between them, shows you what a bit of sponsorship and politics can do.....
Old 28 Sep 2023, 16:34 (Ref:4178664)   #282
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Found it interesting contrasting with two TCR team mates from last season over the last few days.
Jamie Tonks didn't show up to race in Minis at BTCC after announcing it, while his teammate from last year Jessica Hawkins tested an F1 car.

Nothing between them, shows you what a bit of sponsorship and politics can do.....
But Mainly politics….
Old 3 Oct 2023, 16:51 (Ref:4179482)   #283
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Scott Sumpton picked up an FL5 from JAS this week. I assume he will be using that at Brands
Old 3 Oct 2023, 17:07 (Ref:4179485)   #284
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Scott Sumpton picked up an FL5 from JAS this week. I assume he will be using that at Brands
I heard that he was going to run it in testing, but race the FK7.
There's also word that Restart are looking at Europe for next year.
Not sure if that's full time. I know Smiley had the intention to race there this year for a few rounds but I reckon the car issues must have canned that.
Their advert for a social media manager before the season started said they would be travelling to European circuits.
Old 4 Oct 2023, 10:04 (Ref:4179582)   #285
coffinpilot
Racer

Oddly, just seen Sumpton post that he's racing the FK7 at Brands.
Old 4 Oct 2023, 10:28 (Ref:4179587)   #286
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Oddly, just seen Sumpton post that he's racing the FK7 at Brands.
Going by the season so far, it’s probably a downgrade to go to the new one!
Old 4 Oct 2023, 18:07 (Ref:4179663)   #287
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Going by the season so far, it’s probably a downgrade to go to the new one!
I wouldn't disagree on that!
I know Sumpton is learning the ropes still, but I don't doubt my own gut feeling that Smiley would have won races in the FK7 this season, and would be at least on the edges of the title battle.
Old 5 Oct 2023, 16:19 (Ref:4179832)   #288
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://www.tcr-uk.co.uk/wilmot-retu...-of-dan-kirby/
Andy Wilmot back at Brands in Dan Kirby's old car, in tribute livery
Old 16 Oct 2023, 16:47 (Ref:4181744)   #289
coffinpilot
Racer

Brad Kent not entering the final round.
Has been a very poor year - they've looked disenchanted with the whole thing.
Does have me thinking about how many will be back next season from the current year.
Old 16 Oct 2023, 17:20 (Ref:4181748)   #290
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Brad Kent not entering the final round.
Has been a very poor year - they've looked disenchanted with the whole thing.
Does have me thinking about how many will be back next season from the current year.
He’s a Hyundai junior is he not, with Alex Ley? Is that likely to give them a footing with a possible Hyundai program in Europe or elsewhere? Perhaps otherwise he’ll return next year with another team rather than running the car themselves, but as you say it doesn’t seem like there’s much enthusiasm to stick around. Not surprised with so many reliability issues for almost everyone in the series.
Old 16 Oct 2023, 19:02 (Ref:4181754)   #291
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the Darron Lewis Gen1 Audi has a new owner - George Jaxon raced it alongside Scott Sumpton in British Endurance Champs at the weekend.
Old 18 Oct 2023, 15:20 (Ref:4181934)   #292
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
He’s a Hyundai junior is he not, with Alex Ley? Is that likely to give them a footing with a possible Hyundai program in Europe or elsewhere? Perhaps otherwise he’ll return next year with another team rather than running the car themselves, but as you say it doesn’t seem like there’s much enthusiasm to stick around. Not surprised with so many reliability issues for almost everyone in the series.
I don't think the Hyundai thing looks that much, apart from the odd race suit and some training sessions TBH. Doesn't look like they (or anybody eligible) will be off to the world final thing. If Hyundai were serious they'd be putting them in an Elantra each for it.
Old 18 Oct 2023, 15:21 (Ref:4181935)   #293
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Looks like the Darron Lewis Gen1 Audi has a new owner - George Jaxon raced it alongside Scott Sumpton in British Endurance Champs at the weekend.

He's racing a DSG Audi this weekend on the entry list - was the Darron Lewis one a DSG?
Old 18 Oct 2023, 15:48 (Ref:4181938)   #294
samchevron
Rookie

samchevron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's tested at Mugello and Vallelunga earlier this year with BRC Racing, Hyundai's TCR World Tour team.

Working alongside their World Tour drivers and Tarquini, he was fastest during the Mugello test earlier this year in an Elantra against the TCR Italy regulars.

The Hyundai Junior programme is much more than just some stickers on a race suit and some training sessions.
Old 18 Oct 2023, 15:50 (Ref:4181939)   #295
samchevron
Rookie

samchevron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Looks like it says SEQ? Sequential I'm guessing, that's how they separate the Mk 1s and Mk 2s in TCRs. Brad Hutchison's is also an SEQ.
Old 18 Oct 2023, 15:57 (Ref:4181941)   #296
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Doesn't look like they (or anybody eligible) will be off to the world final thing. If Hyundai were serious they'd be putting them in an Elantra each for it.
Perhaps Restart are the most likely, given they did the Motorsport Games and are probably desperate for any testing of that car.
Old 18 Oct 2023, 18:12 (Ref:4181951)   #297
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
Perhaps Restart are the most likely, given they did the Motorsport Games and are probably desperate for any testing of that car.
Also depends where it's held I suppose?
Couldn't see them taking a car to China or Argentina or somewhere far off, and would they really want to hop into a car they don't know for a one-off?

It's a costly idea - to be honest I can't see the World Tour lasting beyond another year or two - unless some serious backing comes along.
Old 18 Oct 2023, 18:47 (Ref:4181956)   #298
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Also depends where it's held I suppose?
Couldn't see them taking a car to China or Argentina or somewhere far off, and would they really want to hop into a car they don't know for a one-off?

It's a costly idea - to be honest I can't see the World Tour lasting beyond another year or two - unless some serious backing comes along.
Just been announced it’s at Algarve, so not too bad for potential British teams. Still an expense I doubt many could afford from your own and others’ insights!
Old 19 Oct 2023, 10:36 (Ref:4182001)   #299
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by samchevron View Post

Looks like it says SEQ? Sequential I'm guessing, that's how they separate the Mk 1s and Mk 2s in TCRs. Brad Hutchison's is also an SEQ.
The first-generation Audi RS3 was made available as both a Direct-Shift Gearbox (DSG) and Sequential gearbox (SEQ) car.

The second generation car is only available with a racing gearbox.

The whole DSG / SEQ thing for first-gen cars is only a thing for VAG cars.
Old 19 Oct 2023, 16:00 (Ref:4182042)   #300
coffinpilot
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Abbott View Post
The first-generation Audi RS3 was made available as both a Direct-Shift Gearbox (DSG) and Sequential gearbox (SEQ) car.

The second generation car is only available with a racing gearbox.

The whole DSG / SEQ thing for first-gen cars is only a thing for VAG cars.

Not about the post, but have to give props to TouringCars.net Andrew.
I'm a tin top fan so your website and the other one (the 'Times' one) are invaluable to touring car fans (can't even find BTCC or TCR other than World Tour or Aus on Motorsport(dot)com) so it's appreciated.

I know Autosport puts the odd thing up, but I'm a bit disappointed that Autosport and Motorsport News are less interested than they were, glad that Touring Car mag/Motor Racing UK have upped the print game for Touring Car coverage too.

You'd think TCR/BTCC would get more coverage. I guess that's a discussion for elsewhere though!