Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

View Poll Results: How much do you like your car.
I'm in love with my car (just like that Queen song) 16 61.54%
It's OK. Suits me fine. 8 30.77%
Not too pleased with it 1 3.85%
I hope it catches fire one day (without anyone in it) and has a slow and painful death 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Sep 2002, 09:19 (Ref:372839)   #26
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice one Mal. Post some pictures. Include the ones of the girlfriend naked on the bonnet.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 09:44 (Ref:372864)   #27
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Moff - Maserati drivers are classy ... but you wouldn't know about that would you.

I don't really hate you, Mal - I just want your car.

Last edited by mac; 4 Sep 2002 at 09:45.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 10:08 (Ref:372882)   #28
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a Ford futura familywagon, its the AU built dec 99 . As David said, i too enjoy the room, the comfort and space and its especially handy with all the junk an 18 month old likes to take. I have been very happy with the economy on the highway david though it is very thirsty around the city.

Last edited by Alan Jones; 4 Sep 2002 at 10:09.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 10:16 (Ref:372887)   #29
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alan any pictures of the girlfriend naked on the bonnet?
Old 4 Sep 2002, 12:46 (Ref:372997)   #30
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
a little bit different to a Maserati but I drive a MK1 Cortina 65 miles everyday with a modified 1700 crossflow and uprated everything, if I get bored with that I use the 1600E, bog standard and original.
cheap to own, cheap insurance and free tax . . .23mpg aint too hot though.

its noisy . . .but fun
Old 4 Sep 2002, 19:59 (Ref:373250)   #31
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I would be happy to post picture of the car, not the girlfreind, but I don't know how: Please advise
Old 4 Sep 2002, 21:15 (Ref:373311)   #32
Airhead
Veteran

Mal - if you can save a digital version to your hard drive then select "click here for full topic reply features" the option you want is browse which will allow you to locate the picture.

zefarelly - A friend of my son's down the road has a four door Mark 1 Cortina in steel blue/grey with a 1600 motor with cam, carbs and extractors. He also has access to a sister car which is the same colour, has more motor mods and two doors. The two door is in better nick and belongs to his father.
Old 11 Sep 2002, 12:10 (Ref:377917)   #33
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
Quote:
Originally posted by DAVID PATERSON
I have a company car, a 2000 model Ford Falcon 4.0 litre Station wagon.
4.0 litres for you is 2.0 litres for us I am trying to envisage a 4.0 litre Ford Mondeo
Old 11 Sep 2002, 12:37 (Ref:377938)   #34
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
Mal - if you can save a digital version to your hard drive then select "click here for full topic reply features" the option you want is browse which will allow you to locate the picture.
yeah you wanna click on Post Reply instead of using the Quick Reply, that way you will see the Browse button.

full details at http://tentenths.com/forum/misc.php?...age=2#pictures
Old 12 Sep 2002, 19:26 (Ref:379001)   #35
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I think I have finally worked it out, This is me at a recent track day at Goodwood.
Attached Thumbnails
maser1.jpg  
Old 12 Sep 2002, 19:30 (Ref:379003)   #36
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats Mal, you got it. I'm extremely jealous!!!
Old 12 Sep 2002, 21:40 (Ref:379079)   #37
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I absolutely love Maseratis. Mal, you are one lucky bugger, and like AJ, I'm very envious.
Old 25 Sep 2002, 21:08 (Ref:388399)   #38
jonboyG
Racer

jonboyG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Now that I've moved from London to California I had to sell my beloved Ka clubsport, but I've replaced it with a black MX5 (or miata as the locals insist on calling them). It's a lot of fun, although I'm still feeling my way around it's limits.
Old 11 Oct 2002, 08:45 (Ref:400976)   #39
Nick Johnson
Rookie

Nick Johnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have currently got a Toyota Sport Yaris which I bought brand new six moths ago. I am only 19 so ideal for me. Its got Sat Nav, 6 disc Cd player and goes really well. I am so surprised how quick it is. But as time goes on and with my mad passion for cars I am thinking of changing it for a Cooper S. Any thoughts?
Old 11 Oct 2002, 20:14 (Ref:401405)   #40
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would that be the real Cooper or the BMW?
Old 12 Oct 2002, 12:54 (Ref:402012)   #41
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I own a Mini Clubman & wouldn't get rid of it for any amount of money.
Old 1 Nov 2002, 23:16 (Ref:419903)   #42
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm very happy with my car, a 1995 VS series 1 Holden Acclaim, which is step above the standard Commodore. It's got IRS, (a big thing in the Aussie market at the time it was released), twin airbags, ABS, cruise, A/C, remote central locking. Very nice , comfortable car, good on long trips, plenty of performance and easy to service. I don't want to buy another car. I'll keep it for as long as it is still running and the money to keep it going is not too outrageous.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 7 Nov 2002, 16:49 (Ref:423932)   #43
Peter B

I love my Alfa GTV.

There are a million and one things about it that get right up my nose. Everything rattles. And I mean everything. When you clobber a pothole your head hits the roof (quite hard sometimes!). The electric bits never behave properly. It is impossible to see out the rear window in the winter (the demister is utter ****!). And you can never ever judge where the back end is when reversing.

But throw into some twisty corners on a nice quiet unclassified road and.... yum yum

I'd have another. But not if I could afford a Ferrari instead!

Last edited by Peter B; 7 Nov 2002 at 16:50.

Old 7 Nov 2002, 17:16 (Ref:423961)   #44
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've had my 308 GTS since 1990 - guess why ! - having not driven it much this summer we took it Le Mans Classic and it was so comfortable and so great to drive - very 'appy
Old 23 Nov 2002, 23:45 (Ref:435560)   #45
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At different times I could probably tick all the boxes for both cars but at the end of the day they are both good machines. The Granada (a Mk2) has a certain sentimental value- my wifes father bought it new in 1984, it was used to transport my wife to our wedding in 1996 and brought our daughter home from the maternity ward last year, and its a good car to drive over long distances.
The Hurricane (Spit based kit) is getting on a bit now and needs a rebuild. It also has sentimental value- we drove away from our wedding in it and it's been to Le Mans with us twice (As has the Granada... more comfortable but less fun!!)
So, yes I guess you could say I'm 'in love' with our cars!

Sad or what?