Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 10 Nov 2002, 11:23 (Ref:425627)   #1
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Security question

I'm picking up a Clio 172 in a week or so, and want to add to the security of it (I'm not paranoid, but having waited a long time to be in a position to drive this kind of car, I don't want some oik nicking it in the first week). I can't fit anything like a Tracker, as it's a semi-company car - I'd been looking at a Stoplock Pro, but apparently it's not suitable for airbagged steering wheels.

Any suggestions or recommendations much appreciated
Old 10 Nov 2002, 12:23 (Ref:425682)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I've always found immomiblisers work the best. Seen too mant broken steering-locks in carparks to go for them.
Old 10 Nov 2002, 16:24 (Ref:425776)   #3
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, id go for an immobiliser even if the car is fitted with one as standard.
Alarms are a pain in the butt.
Steering locks may put some people off but i wouldnt rely on them, Im sure there are some available for airbag steering wheels.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 09:10 (Ref:426222)   #4
Peter B

I have a Stoplock Pro, getting on a bit, fits over airbagged steering wheels no problem - although I suspect it will depend on the car. I'm sure the likes of Halfords would allow you to swap one if you found it didn't fit.

I wouldn't totally rely on it however, but as an extra layer of defence, it can't do any harm. If chummy car thief has to remove a wheel lock, shut up an alarm and defeat an immobiliser he is more likely to nick someone elses car!

Old 23 Nov 2002, 23:57 (Ref:435574)   #5
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of the steering locks in Halfords carries a testimonial letter from a happy customer who tells how the lock was damaged by thieves but remained solid enough to take the fire brigade a few hours to remove it from the wheel....