Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 25 Nov 2002, 17:21 (Ref:436532)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The End of the Alabama Bluesmobile

I talked to my dad on his 82nd birthday (which was Friday) and he told me that the famous fabled Alabama Bluesmobile has been sold.

The Alabama Bluesmobile was a former Alabama Highway Patrol model 1989 Mercury Marquis. Dad bought it at a police auction in 1995 when it had almost 300,000 miles on it. The day he sold it, it had turned over 768,000 miles and although it looks as if it had been through several major sandstorms, it still runs like a clock. Thanks to his long time mechanic Will Petis, and his own fine-honed talent for car care, someone else gets to enjoy a high horsepower indestructible classic car and quite possibly turn over 1,000,000 miles some day, for the bargain price of $700.00. "A car that fast," said my dad, "needs to be driven."

Thus ends an era in motorsport. So if anyone in Alabama sees that car flying round the back roads, it's no longer the famous Fangio of the Dirt Track, Harry Lee, behind the wheel.....
Old 25 Nov 2002, 23:04 (Ref:436763)   #2
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The end of an era, and sounds like He said goodbye to a trusty old friend as well! I hope the new owner treats it well and drives it lots.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 01:01 (Ref:436829)   #3
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Liz, can you post a picture of this thing.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 17:15 (Ref:437347)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll get one when I go home for Christmas. I'm sure he's got dozens.