Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

View Poll Results: How much do you like your car.
I'm in love with my car (just like that Queen song) 16 61.54%
It's OK. Suits me fine. 8 30.77%
Not too pleased with it 1 3.85%
I hope it catches fire one day (without anyone in it) and has a slow and painful death 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 Aug 2002, 14:48 (Ref:364505)   #1
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How happy are you with your car?

yesterday a friend of mine told me if I ever thought of replacing my existing car. And I never thought about it but the answer was that I wouldn't. I'm very happy with my car. It's been good to me and the only reason for replacing it would be finding the money to buy a performance car.

So, how happy are you with your car?
Old 23 Aug 2002, 15:11 (Ref:364520)   #2
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd rather sell a relative
Old 23 Aug 2002, 15:19 (Ref:364525)   #3
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's ok.

But I'm always in a constant state of turmoil over my next car. I've seldom kept a car much more than a year.

My current car's a Mercedes E320. Bit of a barge, but solid, comfy, reliable, fairly fast. It's done over 105,000 miles and still feels like new (or at least it will when I replace the rear tyres, front brakes, gearbox filter...)

When I bought the Merc, it was something of a departure from the Impreza Turbo I had beforehand, but ideal for the motorway miles I was doing. Now I'm travelling less I'm hankering after something a little more performance oriented. I still want the luxury, the reliability and the mile eating capability though. And I can't afford an E55 or an S8 or an M5 . Yet .

Tempted to test drive a Saab 9-5 Aero. They're quick, actually quite cheap to run, and have every possible luxury extra you can think of. And the world's most ingenious cupholder... Anyone got any experience of them??
Old 23 Aug 2002, 15:29 (Ref:364531)   #4
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Id hate to sell my car, after all the time and money ive put into it, its very difficult to trade it for something standard (and slow).

Only problem with mine is that id like it to be in a better condition, i get bits of rust and things also go wrong with it.

Might have to get a stardard family car next year if i need a tow car, mind you that has a positive side too
Old 26 Aug 2002, 00:00 (Ref:365755)   #5
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I drive a 2000 Model VX "S" Commodore. My Dad won Powerball (a lotery game here in Australia) in late 2000 and bought it for me. I really wanted a V8 but he wouldn't allow it - as he was paying for the car I didn't argue.

I absolutely love this car. The handling, the look - I tell everyone this is my dream car just 2 cylinders short. I was able to order any option I wanted on it so it's exactly what I want.

Sure I'd love a new CV8 Monaro but maybe a couple of years down the track. Right here right now this car is perfect.

Last edited by Buckshot; 26 Aug 2002 at 00:01.
Old 27 Aug 2002, 11:47 (Ref:366535)   #6
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm very happy with my little Subaru. Only problem is the repayments keep eating my bank account. Mind you, I was very happy with my Pulsar before that but with buying a new car on a lease, it is best to get rid of it before the lease is up.
Old 27 Aug 2002, 12:05 (Ref:366552)   #7
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
It's ok.

Tempted to test drive a Saab 9-5 Aero. They're quick, actually quite cheap to run, and have every possible luxury extra you can think of. And the world's most ingenious cupholder... Anyone got any experience of them??

if you have to choose should take the Saab over any BMW or Merc .. the SAAB are great cars ... I love the 9-5

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Aug 2002, 14:48 (Ref:366661)   #8
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've just bought a '98 9-5 SE which is only the LPT version but they are much cheaper than an Aero. The cupholder is very good. My previous car was a 9000 Carlsson which was the forerunner of the Aero, which was as quick in a straight line as my old Impreza turbo. The suspension on my SE is a bit on the soft side but that's easily sorted with either some Eibach or Koni springs'n'shocks. Other than that it is a pretty good car all for less than the cost of a new Fiesta.

Thumbs up for Saabs.
Old 28 Aug 2002, 09:44 (Ref:367238)   #9
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've got a ****box Ford Laser from 1982 (it's only a year younger than me!). I'd love a new car. I want one of the Holden Barina SRis (Vauxhall/Opel Corsa) desperately.

However, I'm quite happy with my car. I only paid $1600 Aussie dollars for it and it has lasted me a year and a half so far. It has been thrashed and it has looked after me well. It's probably the best value for money I've ever spent.

BUT, I'd really love a Barina SRi.
Old 28 Aug 2002, 10:47 (Ref:367289)   #10
supertouring
Racer

supertouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have got a Golf TDi, but I hate it. Low spec, slow, but is very very economical (55mpg+).

I used to have a Vectra 2.5 V6 Sri which went like stink, but I had to give it back when I changed jobs. I drove over 50,000 miles (mainly motorways) in the year 1 had it, so had lots of fun with it, and being a company car I could drive it like a idiot. Front tyres lasted about 12,000 miles! I miss it, and find the slower Golf much more difficult to drive, I am no longer able to drive out of situations or pass traffic safely.

Anyway, the Golf goes next year when I finish paying for it and I am already debating what to have next - big 5 series BMW is top of my list.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 06:00 (Ref:367977)   #11
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have 2 cars : A 1995 Mustang GT with a built/supercharged/inter-cooled engine and lots of other mods , and a 2001 Focus . The Focus is my daily driver , and the Mustang is a summer toy.
The Mustang is blast to drive , but it's very loud , drinks premium rapidly, and gets a litle interesting in the rain, and is undrivable in the snow .

The Focus is boring , very reliable , fuel efficient,
and unstoppable in the snow. I drive it 6 miles every day to work and it's perfect for that.

However , after a long , stressful day ,a drive in the Mustang , listening to the blown 5.0 V8 screaming through the Rockies quickly brings a smile back !!
I really , really love this car !!

Alan

Last edited by fast95pony; 29 Aug 2002 at 06:01.
Old 29 Aug 2002, 06:40 (Ref:367987)   #12
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not too pleased with the reliability of our family's '89 Volvo 740 wagon. Apart from reliability, I think our car is acceptable for it's design era.
Old 30 Aug 2002, 08:59 (Ref:368893)   #13
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a company car, a 2000 model Ford Falcon 4.0 litre Station wagon. It is very practical for me, it has heaps of room, is very reliable, tows well and has aircon and a CD player. The acceleration and handling are satisfactory, but it is very thirsty, fortunately, i have a company expense account. I wouldn't want to fuel it out of my own pocket.
Old 30 Aug 2002, 14:14 (Ref:369160)   #14
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rover 216GSi, 1994 model at the moment.

On the plus side, it's fast, it has the most free-revving engine I've ever encountered in a small hatch, and it has useable torque right through the rev band to 6500rpm. It handles beautifully, with predictable understeer eventually if you push the envelope, as I discovered only this lunchtime when a corner sneaked up on me unexpectedly.

On the negative side, the cloth trim is not terribly durable, and is a bit of a shock when you look away from the gleaming polished wood on the dashboard. Second gear has an unexpectedly long "throw", and it catches you out when you want do do a quick gearchange. I often find myself with a little surge of revs before I'm ready to lift the clutch fully. All the other gears are nicely and tightly spaced in the gate.

Would I trade it? Well, the body is a little shabby, mainly due to repaired accident damage (not mine) fading over time, and one of the sills is beginning to go a bit.

So I am in the market for something else. At the moment, I'm still keen on an Alfa Romeo 156 Twinspark. Sad to say, if I want something spirited to drive in the medium size saloon category, it has to be front wheel drive. (I refuse to consider the 3-series BMW.) I'd prefer rear-drive, but that's the way it is.
Old 30 Aug 2002, 21:57 (Ref:369496)   #15
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
I refuse to consider the 3-series BMW.
Ooops!

Did I tell you about the replacement for the old Vauxhall Carlton, Tim? 2 door 1990 318is with leather and all electrics. Cheap too... I'll get my coat.

By the way old mate, I keep sending you PM's, but I suspect you're at your limit. Let me know and I'll try again!
Old 31 Aug 2002, 02:46 (Ref:369604)   #16
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Got my car from the garage yesterday. I now realized how much I've become attached to that car. I used my mom's car for the past 2 weeks (as she wasn't using it) and despite her's being newer and more comfortable inside, particularly for tall people like myself, (she has a 2000 Renault Twingo against my 1996 Peugeot 205GRi), I was so happy when I got my car. Not only because it's mine but.....I don't know....It's that car in particular....you kind of get used to it.....It's like staying at a friend's house and then returning home. Everything feels in place again.
Old 31 Aug 2002, 11:58 (Ref:369767)   #17
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tim, what's wrong with Beemers? I think the E36 BMW 3-series is really quite a nice car, provided you get an upspec model with alloy wheels, painted bumpers and a big motor. Though they are frightfully expensive over here, i would have thought they'd be reasonably affordable over there.
Old 31 Aug 2002, 22:22 (Ref:370148)   #18
Demon Dave
Rookie

Demon Dave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Generally I'm very happy with my car (1995 Nissan Skyline GTS), although I do think about trading it in for something better (A GTR), but until I have enough cash for that, the GTS will do fine!
Old 1 Sep 2002, 10:26 (Ref:370347)   #19
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to ten-tenths Demon Dave!
Old 1 Sep 2002, 10:58 (Ref:370360)   #20
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My poor old Mondeo needs new shock absorbers and a steering alignment, but apart from that, it's good.

Although, I had a wee little drive of a new Falcon Ute today, and I want one!
Old 2 Sep 2002, 09:47 (Ref:371064)   #21
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate to admit it but at the moment I am quite happy with the Magna. Particulary the fuel economy it is bloody brilliant.
Old 2 Sep 2002, 21:22 (Ref:371604)   #22
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I am lucky enough to own a 2001 Maserati 3200 GT and it is an awesome peice of kit and I am certainly in love with it. It is tricky to drive but get it right and it rewards like nothing else.
Old 3 Sep 2002, 23:56 (Ref:372636)   #23
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hate you Mal.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 00:01 (Ref:372638)   #24
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 4 Sep 2002, 08:58 (Ref:372829)   #25
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!