Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Apr 2001, 18:13 (Ref:76080)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Despite the disastrous moves of Barrichello and Verstappen, the Williams drivers were clearly contenders to win the Brazilian GP.
I can't wait to see them at Imola.

Welcome back Williams !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 1 Apr 2001, 19:50 (Ref:76125)   #2
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Imola is a totally different game - I actually think Mclaren and Ferrari may have the edge on Williams at Imola - but you never know. Juan Montoya drove nothing but a BRILLIANT race. I am now OFFICALLY a Juan Montoya fan

I thought he was very quick in Australia as well but today he really proved he is indeed a future World Champion.

Ralf, on the other hand, had the pace all weekend but unfortunately Barrichelo continued his brain dead approach and took him out yet again. I really hope Barrichelo gets a race ban because thats three incidents in 3 races. He should`nt be allowed to get away with it.

That said, Ralf made an appalling start which got him into trouble in the first place.

Williams no doubt are back - but whether they are as competitive at Imola as they were in Malaysia and Brazil - remains to be seen.

However - they definately have two of the best drivers on the grid - who are very evenly matched.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 20:01 (Ref:76138)   #3
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back with a bang..literally.

But I have faith in Ralfy and Monty, one with the best qualifying and the other overtook the king outthere: the future is Williams.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 23:46 (Ref:76296)   #4
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's great, finally there are 3 teams who can win...it's been a long time since this last happened.
I still am italian and therefore at least half of a tifoso...lol...therefore i can also live without Williams and McLaren...but the other half of me which is Alesi-fan is happy about more spectacular races.

Last edited by Jeanburrasca81; 1 Apr 2001 at 23:53.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 23:51 (Ref:76300)   #5
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I'll agree with you. Williams will be a force to be reckoned with this year.

GO RALF AND JUAN!!!!!!
Old 2 Apr 2001, 01:41 (Ref:76337)   #6
riusnow
Racer

riusnow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess we will not be seeing the same 3 faces on the podium this year.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 01:59 (Ref:76342)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika should have retired last year.

On Speedvision they said it has been 53 races since Williams last won...and that was Jacques who won for them.

Looks like that may soon change.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 02:06 (Ref:76345)   #8
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep Williams will be on the top step of the podium very soon! I just hope it's Ralf and not Montoya who gets the first win, he's worked harder for it I believe.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 02:38 (Ref:76366)   #9
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf has certainly worked hard over the years to help make the Williams competitive. Does he deserve to win BMW Williams their first race together ? Yes. Will it happen ? Dont know! Juan Montoya proved today that he is not going to turn out like another Zanardi - so it's really a toss up on who's going to win the first race for Williams. It could be either of them. But one thing is for certain, Williams will win races this year - a couple for sure. I think Ralf would probably pick up a few wins and I certainly think Juan will win his first race very soon as well. As I said earlier, this is an excellent driver combination that will see Williams challenge for both titles next season without a shadow of a doubt.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 02:59 (Ref:76376)   #10
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its good to see them competitive again, though I'd rather see three teams duking it out than two. This could just prove to be a very interesting season, after all.

By the way, I think Montoya is electrifying, pure wild joy behind the wheel. But a warning to anyone who proclaims himself a newly converted fan-if you think Schumacher is an arrogant jerk, you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

But boy, is he fun to watch.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 06:38 (Ref:76417)   #11
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I hereby officially request admmitance to the Montoya Fan club.

I don't think he is a God, but I'm quite sure TGF will never leave the door open for him ever again. At last, another real racer in F1.

I watched him CART, and when he came to F1, i was hesitant to give him my stamp of approval (after Zanardi) until I'd seen something. Well, now I've seen it!!!!!
Old 2 Apr 2001, 09:05 (Ref:76434)   #12
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I was Ralf I'd be worried. JPM has arrived and is willing to muscle the other contenders into making a race of it. Ralf may be quick but a racer he most definitely is not. As far as the result for the race went, Rubens did him a favour, he can now aviod comparison with JPM.

As for who should most get the credit for the revival at Williams I think it is Zinardi. He has provided the most data of the chasis on the edge, and then over the edge. He helped draw the line in the sand. Then took every opportunity to cross it.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 10:34 (Ref:76453)   #13
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing

Hey AM, have you been hitting those halucegenic toadstools again?
Old 2 Apr 2001, 11:17 (Ref:76476)   #14
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Zinardi??????

Is it a new Willams designer?????!!!!!!
Old 2 Apr 2001, 13:10 (Ref:76539)   #15
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I'm happy that williams are back as contenders. They have shown what they are capable of doing. And both drivers are on the edge, I'm off course a Montoya fan, but I don't dilike Ralf, he is good, we might see some podiums filled with two williams this season, and why not a one-two finishing.