Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 18 Jun 2007, 18:04 (Ref:1940933)   #76
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Predator is alive and hunting once more. A terrifying beast it is, too - I think I'm glad I don't know any of the speed figures for that.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1941088)   #77
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Andrew Gunnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
The Predator is alive and hunting once more. A terrifying beast it is, too - I think I'm glad I don't know any of the speed figures for that.
I don’t know Chris, I would be interested in hearing the figures. How did the Predator do and also will it be at Shelsley in August.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 21:33 (Ref:1941120)   #78
mcb666
Racer

mcb666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
36.99 and yes.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 21:56 (Ref:1941133)   #79
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, I'd be interested, so I need to be protected from myself! I hear it should be at Shelsley, so something to look forward to there.

Edited to say 'beaten to it'. Only fair, since mcb was my source!

Last edited by Woolley; 18 Jun 2007 at 21:59.
Old 15 Oct 2007, 20:47 (Ref:2041106)   #80
bentimingstrut
Rookie

Slovakia
bentimingstrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V10?

Who fancies a wager that Jr will keep the V10 in the Predator for 2008 after Shelsley,s September performance??
Old 15 Oct 2007, 21:29 (Ref:2041135)   #81
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Not me. Had quite a chat with him on Saturday night and that's it for the engine. Not sure I understand the reason, but the basics are it's simply not available for use. It will be a V8 next year.

Shame, though. It does sound fantastic.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 05:50 (Ref:2041288)   #82
welshgal_2006
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
welshgal_2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Woolley, I would love to see it again as it sounds awesome.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 08:27 (Ref:2041382)   #83
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
I understand that the engine is destined for BOSS racing.

Despite the loss of the magnificent sound of the V10 I am looking forward to seeing the Predator with a V8 which should give Graeme a better chance of taking another hillclimb championship!

Roll on 2008!

Old 16 Oct 2007, 08:30 (Ref:2041385)   #84
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshgal_2006
I agree with Woolley, I would love to see it again as it sounds awesome.
Shouldn't that be you'd like to hear it again because it sounds awesome? Just jesting

I think that as wonderful as the V10 is, Jnr knows very well that a serious pop at the championship means scoring in almost every run-off. And if your dropped scores are given up to fragile gearboxes/engine, then every other round becomes a chance to loose the championship.

I'm curious to know the details about next year's V8 lump.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 09:59 (Ref:2041495)   #85
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Judd KV8
Old 16 Oct 2007, 12:37 (Ref:2041691)   #86
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
Shouldn't that be you'd like to hear it again because it sounds awesome? Just jesting

I even read it again before posting.

You're quite right. Running something different gives you an edge or a problem. The chassis is already one variable, a significantly different and obviously different engine can be another. Steve Owen may disagree though seeing as the OMS is now genuinely on the pace, apparently with more to come if I'm correctly informed.
Old 16 Oct 2007, 13:57 (Ref:2041762)   #87
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I've enjoyed hearing the V10, but it's more important to me to be able to have Graeme back and to watch his exciting driving.

Which reminds me...............at Loton Park a few weeks ago I had a Westfield driver on post with me. As Eynon Price went past in his usual uninhibited style, I said 'I call that real committment' to which the driver replied (in broad Scots) ' I call it stainless steel bo***cks'
Old 17 Oct 2007, 13:51 (Ref:2042699)   #88
bentimingstrut
Rookie

Slovakia
bentimingstrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kv8

I had the chance to see Jos Goodyear out a couple of times getting to grips with his fresh KV8 in his Pilbeam. It sure is an awesome lump.Should go well in the Predator.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 22:08 (Ref:2043160)   #89
mcb666
Racer

May the thread go on...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...ca0124b109.htm

(bye the way, it's not easy capturing this kind of stuff, but sometimes worthwhile). :-)

Mcb

2T4T
Old 17 Oct 2007, 22:42 (Ref:2043183)   #90
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Very worthwhile. Awesome commitment through Crossing with just a hint of opposite lock. Wow.
Old 18 Oct 2007, 08:28 (Ref:2043341)   #91
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
There are many reasons to go to Wiscombe Park. One of the best is to see Eynon deal with the Martini & Sawbench hairpins. It's like Gwyndaf Evans bought the wrong car to the RAC
Old 18 Oct 2007, 10:33 (Ref:2043418)   #92
Marshalling Bag
Rookie

Marshalling Bag is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcb666
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2...ca0124b109.htm

(bye the way, it's not easy capturing this kind of stuff, but sometimes worthwhile). :-)

Mcb

2T4T
What a wonderful sound the V10 is, just a shame that it wont be back next year but I am just glad the Graeme is back competing again

While I was watching the video I was a little a little a bit of and lots of

Basically it scared the doo dah out of me
Old 18 Oct 2007, 10:52 (Ref:2043430)   #93
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
There are many reasons to go to Wiscombe Park. One of the best is to see Eynon deal with the Martini & Sawbench hairpins. It's like Gwyndaf Evans bought the wrong car to the RAC
Funny that; you would never guess that Eynon used to be a rally driver!

I'd like to know how Steve Owen managed to fit a hand brake into the 2000M!!!

Old 18 Oct 2007, 21:02 (Ref:2043982)   #94
mcb666
Racer

Same again, but better

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...cb0115b144.htm

better quality video compression modulator demodulator (modem), blah..

Old 30 Oct 2007, 20:52 (Ref:2055357)   #95
mcb666
Racer

How do you bump a thread?

what do you want?

pic or video, howl of the Predator Somewhere, fuming Photo (small edition with logo !), what ? GWJ in the Dax at Fintray??

:-)

pictures of the rear wing sponsors ??

etc.

McB
Old 1 Nov 2007, 22:22 (Ref:2057282)   #96
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
I'll take a good sound file of the engine heading for Shelsley's finish line to use as a ringtone!
Old 6 Nov 2007, 21:55 (Ref:2061562)   #97
brayspeed
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hampshire
brayspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GWR Predator

http://www.brayspeed.co.uk/assets/fi...20PREDATOR.wmv

Tony
Old 7 Nov 2007, 00:26 (Ref:2061699)   #98
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Magnificent! Nice looking beast, but the rear wing is almost a bit A1GP for my liking. Not that that reeeeally means a lot in the heat of competition...
Old 7 Nov 2007, 11:01 (Ref:2061997)   #99
devon kev
Racer

Guernsey
MELBOURNE DERBY
devon kev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another awesome run by Graeme, and as usual good work from you Tony
Old 7 Nov 2007, 14:27 (Ref:2062168)   #100
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
Magnificent! Nice looking beast, but the rear wing is almost a bit A1GP for my liking. Not that that reeeeally means a lot in the heat of competition...

The rear wing is a beautiful multiplane affair....