Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Mar 2009, 18:32 (Ref:2412380)   #151
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Was that Jörg or his brother Tim ? ..... Something about looking in the cockpit and when he looked up he had missed his braking point , if I remember correctly ?
Old 9 Mar 2009, 20:19 (Ref:2412451)   #152
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was Jorg. Not 100% sure about the reason, but sounds correct given the constraints of memory.
Old 12 Mar 2009, 03:22 (Ref:2414065)   #153
whitec21
Racer

United States
Las Vegas, NV
whitec21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jörg was scrolling through information on the dash when he missed his braking point at one of the chicanes. As a side note, he had just set that cars fastest lap of the race on the previous lap, about 11 hours into the race.
Old 13 Mar 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2414890)   #154
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Team Goh's RS spider arrived at Japan.
(With 08 rear wing)
http://news1.as-web.jp/contents/phot...o=19324&cno=31
Old 13 Mar 2009, 18:22 (Ref:2415068)   #155
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm a little surprised that they took the car back to Japan - you would think it would have been cheaper to rent workspace in Europe and prep the car there with assistance from Porsche AG. They can test the car just as easily on both continents too...
Old 14 Mar 2009, 11:51 (Ref:2415440)   #156
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
They plan to test several times in Japan.
Many of mechanics of Team Goh are related to S-GT.
Moreover, driver's Seiji Ara and Keisuke Kunimoto race in S-GT(Ara) and Formula Nippon(Kunimoto).
Therefore, they might have been going to test in Japan.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 02:17 (Ref:2415790)   #157
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Team Goh's RS spider arrived at Japan.
(With 08 rear wing)
http://news1.as-web.jp/contents/phot...o=19324&cno=31
A shame nobody raced it in this livery, looks amazing. Hopefully they will get the same Porsche aero updates as the Essex car already tested.

Will they get the DI lump?
Old 15 Mar 2009, 04:03 (Ref:2415806)   #158
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Team Goh receive the factory support of Porsche.
Therefore, they will be given the latest package.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 07:03 (Ref:2415831)   #159
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Team Goh receive the factory support of Porsche.
Therefore, they will be given the latest package.
Dyson were given factory support from Porsche, but they never got the latest packages from Porsche.
Old 15 Mar 2009, 09:05 (Ref:2415863)   #160
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Certainly, I don't have the news source whether the latest package is given to Team Goh.
But, according to announcement by Porsche, I think that Team Goh can receive the support equal with Team Essex from Porsche.
http://www.porsche.com/japan/jp/moto...9b6783&lang=en
Old 15 Mar 2009, 18:49 (Ref:2416117)   #161
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
with the porsche support, nobody surely will be able to touch them in LMP2.
Old 16 Mar 2009, 02:32 (Ref:2416370)   #162
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Certainly, I don't have the news source whether the latest package is given to Team Goh.
But, according to announcement by Porsche, I think that Team Goh can receive the support equal with Team Essex from Porsche.
http://www.porsche.com/japan/jp/moto...9b6783&lang=en
Team Essex was not running the DI motor at Spa ('too expensive'), but it's hard to know whether they will pick one up for Le Mans. At any rate, having factory support does not mean having the DI motor.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 03:18 (Ref:2417970)   #163
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Planetlemans has revealed that Bruce Jouanny is joining Pescarolo for '09, including a Le Mans seat (which car is not clear, it's also a season-long LMS drive).
Old 18 Mar 2009, 18:52 (Ref:2418508)   #164
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im just thinking , the rumour is that the Vitaphone Spyder isnt a dead cert , I wonder could they hire one of the K&H R10's for the race instead .
Old 18 Mar 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2418510)   #165
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Planetlemans has revealed that Bruce Jouanny is joining Pescarolo for '09, including a Le Mans seat (which car is not clear, it's also a season-long LMS drive).
I would think its in their Pescarolo . I reckon there will be top class drivers in that Pug .
Old 18 Mar 2009, 19:35 (Ref:2418556)   #166
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Im just thinking , the rumour is that the Vitaphone Spyder isnt a dead cert , I wonder could they hire one of the K&H R10's for the race instead .
I'm thinking Kolles has the drivers and backing available already, I would imagine he would not want to lease out his programme unless it was extremely prudent to do so financially. Bet there are some other cars with details yet to be finalized though...3rd Aston anyone?!

Quote:
I would think its in their Pescarolo . I reckon there will be top class drivers in that Pug .
Other than J-CB, who is demonstrably more 'top-class' in Pesca's quiver than someone who has had an extremely competitive career in open-wheelers and is known as a good setup and development driver?
Old 20 Mar 2009, 01:24 (Ref:2419890)   #167
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Peugeot will have a bit of a say who goes into the Pesca 908. It won't necessarily be guys that are already Pesca drivers or have connections to the team.
Old 21 Mar 2009, 01:34 (Ref:2420659)   #168
The Badger
Veteran

How about a Mister Barbosa ..... love to see that happen !!! ..... along with Bouillon .
Old 21 Mar 2009, 12:54 (Ref:2420916)   #169
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The Vitaphone Spyder is not only not a dead cert, but dead altogether according to http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...=3682&Itemid=1
Old 21 Mar 2009, 17:20 (Ref:2421190)   #170
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
How about a Mister Barbosa ..... love to see that happen !!! ..... along with Bouillon .
Would really fancy to see Barbosa in there!
Old 21 Mar 2009, 18:10 (Ref:2421242)   #171
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me too, but will Henri (have to) hire a non-Frenchman?
Old 21 Mar 2009, 18:13 (Ref:2421245)   #172
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Simon Pagenaud could join Pascarolo...
Old 21 Mar 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2421360)   #173
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Simon Pagenaud could join Pascarolo...
I could live with that, he is improving all the time.
Old 22 Mar 2009, 00:04 (Ref:2421628)   #174
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's probably been mentioned, but I'm watching Sebring and wondering who's gonna be in the third car for Audi? Any rumours or confirmed?
Old 22 Mar 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2422004)   #175
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Well, I would not be surprised to see Alexandre Premat, Timo Scheider (Depends on the DTM championship) or Eki in the third R15 car. With Joakim Winkelhock as a dark horse, I think its a bit early for Oliver Jarvis to get involved.

Tags
2009 le mans entries