Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Dec 2003, 23:25 (Ref:814653)   #1
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2004 Trading Post GP Rally

Once again I am looking for at least two people who have some experience and want to take part in the 2004 Trading Post GP Rally in the role of timing officials.

You would need to be available for the period Friday 27th February 2004 through to Wednesday March 3rd 2004.

You will need a reliable car as you will cover over 1000 km's in Victoria over the 4 days of the rally starting at Shepparton on the Saturday morning, moving through Bright (Sat Night), Lakes Entrance (Sun night), Traralgon (Mon night), Phillip Island-Cowes (Tues night) and finishing in Melbourne on the Wednesday. The course goes 'over the top' along the Great Alpine Road and then along the coast back to Melb.

Preferably, but not essential, is your own notebook or lap top computer. Timing software is provided as are the necessary ight beams, cabling etc your will require to time the events.

Events to be timed will include flying laps at DECA (Shepparton), Winton and Phillip Island; flying 1/8th mile event at Sale Airport; motorkhana style events (garage-to-garage timed events) as well as sprints with both stationary and flying finishes.

Each crew of two looks after one event per day with the addition of two night events on Monday at Traralgon and Maffra.

Whilst the events are not pressure events, you have to be willing to arrive and set up at an event up to 2 hours before the first car comes through and stay for around an hour after last car - meaning a day of up to 7 hours sitting on the side of the road, a race track, or bush side (watching ants crawl up your light beams and dance the time away in the infra-red beam - and then wonder WTH is going on!!!)

Each year, for us, has gotten bigger and bigger - last year we were covering 4 events per day, plus the Monday night - a total of 22 events out of 33 overall events - a slight increase from 2 events in total 6 years ago....

Accommodation is provided each night from Friday at Shepparton through to Tuesday at Cowes. Interstate team members are also provided accom on the Wed night in Melbourne. In addition each official is provided a 4 day General Admission pass to the AGP which commences at Albert Park on the Thursday - March 4 - the day after the rally finishes. Petrol costs are also covered for you.

If you are interested - if you can have your own 'pair' or 'couple' - get in touch with me via email at racetime@racetime.com.au.
Old 18 Dec 2003, 06:17 (Ref:814833)   #2
coln72
Racer

coln72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love to but I think we have already been snaffled for the event by Octagon : (
Old 18 Dec 2003, 06:25 (Ref:814835)   #3
RaceTime
Veteran

As an official? Nothing to stop you moving to a new group...

BTW - weren't you going to come over at Maryborough and get in touch with me? What happened?
Old 18 Dec 2003, 07:58 (Ref:814874)   #4
coln72
Racer

tied up with the school I was working for over the weekend. You probably saw me over on the hybrid track yelling and screaming
Old 18 Dec 2003, 08:09 (Ref:814878)   #5
RaceTime
Veteran

Nah - I stayed away from that track - left it to Jared and Matt to run

I was on the real track - you know the one that had the time line ripped up at 2:30 am and carried 2/3rd of the ay around the track. Ever tried to find a piece of cabling in the dark??
Old 19 Dec 2003, 05:52 (Ref:815776)   #6
coln72
Racer

If its anything like trying to find tent pegs in the dark then I feel for you.........
Old 19 Dec 2003, 05:54 (Ref:815777)   #7
RaceTime
Veteran

I found plenty of those - don't know how many I tripped over!