Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 Jun 2011, 21:06 (Ref:2903129)   #351
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Bxx/xx just refers to the chassis - any old engine could be slotted in (try not to pay to much attention to the xx/xx series number as the base chassis can be adapted- even an LMP1 open top to an LMP2 coupe)
As documented on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lola_Cars#Naming_scheme the Lola cars are designed as follows:
  • Bxx/10: open LMP1
  • Bxx/40: open LMP2
  • Bxx/60: closed LMP1
  • Bxx/80: closed LMP2
with xx the build year and the last 0 is sometimes replaced with other digit to indicate a different engine.

The Lola Aston Martin was a modified B09/60. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lola-Aston_Martin_B09/60
Old 21 Jun 2011, 21:13 (Ref:2903133)   #352
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
base chassis can be adapted- even an LMP1 open top to an LMP2 coupe)
Actually on that point - would the car get re-numbered?
Old 21 Jun 2011, 21:22 (Ref:2903139)   #353
eizox
Rookie

England
Somerset, England
eizox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ah so is that where the Dyson's being labelled Bxx/86's come from?
Old 21 Jun 2011, 21:33 (Ref:2903145)   #354
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
BTW Guess Racing has spent two days (25 May and 14 June) testing in Spa, mainly focussing on the Cooper tyres. See http://www.facebook.com/media/albums...06373746108148 for some pictures.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 23:10 (Ref:2903202)   #355
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Guess Racing Europ car is in fact a former Racing Box Lola...I believe chassis B09/80 HU05.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2903204)   #356
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like the LNT Ginetta Radical-IES is off the Imola entry list now. I wonder what happened.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2903307)   #357
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Touring Car Racing was rather accomodating towards cars we would consider GTs today during the 80s, of course, with Supras, M3s and RX-7s competing in the European Touring Car Championship and also some national series...
Some of us still consider M3s to be touring cars rather than GTs....and surely the original E30 was just a 2-door saloon rather than a coupe anyway...
Historically, touring car series always used to accept the homologation of coupes (BMW CSL and 635CSi, Capris, Supra, Starion, XJS, Alfa GTV6...), even if some (RX7 and even 911s in the late 60's) seemed to be stretching a point... the fixation on a touring car having to be a 4-door saloon/5-door hatch is a fairly recent thing.

On the other hand, if you wanted to race a 'proper' GT (Ferrari, 911, Corvette, Aston Martin etc) internationally in the 80's, other than the GT classes in IMSA, and the Group B class in the WSPC/WEC, you were pretty stuck for options- and not much in the way of national GT series either?

As Jag said, there was a big gap between club/national level and the top level sportscar series- there was really only DRM/Supercup ,the short-lived British C2 series and Interserie, and little or nothing in the way of national GT series (British GT for example only dates back to 1993 IIRC)

Last edited by KA; 22 Jun 2011 at 08:32.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 08:22 (Ref:2903315)   #358
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
It looks like the LNT Ginetta Radical-IES is off the Imola entry list now. I wonder what happened.
DSC mentioned this a couple of days back- suggested that LNT have put any LMP plans on the back burner for the time being with Ginetta production cars (the new G40R) taking priority- The report suggested not to expect the Radical to race in LNT colours at all now.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2903321)   #359
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
The Guess Racing Europ car is in fact a former Racing Box Lola...I believe chassis B09/80 HU05.
Seem to have been some changes at Guess Racing as well- Wasn't Wolfgang Kaufmann originally expected to be in the Lola. The Imola entry list has Thor-Christian Ebbesvik (IIRC he was supposed to be in the car with Kaufmann at Spa) with Chapman Ducote and Kyle Marcelli. Interesting to see two drivers with ALMS background on board- Any significance in that?
Old 22 Jun 2011, 08:48 (Ref:2903331)   #360
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
DSC mentioned this a couple of days back- suggested that LNT have put any LMP plans on the back burner for the time being with Ginetta production cars (the new G40R) taking priority- The report suggested not to expect the Radical to race in LNT colours at all now.
Lawrence Tomlinson on RLM basically indicated that their LM entry was rejected largely in his opinion to it being a very unproven project. I suspect a combination of the issues they had at Sebring and the failure to secure an entry to Le Mans basically put paid to this effort.

In the same interview I was struck that there was no mention whatsoever of running the Radical, and indeed the car wasn't mentioned by name at all - which says to me this is a dead project.

I'd like to think we'll see Ginetta back involved in a prototype at some stage in the none too distant future - but not holding my breath regarding this year.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 10:03 (Ref:2903372)   #361
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So they pull out of a chance to prove themselves because their unproven package was rejected from the big race?
Sounds like the twisted logic we've come to expect
Old 22 Jun 2011, 13:43 (Ref:2904257)   #362
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post

I'd like to think we'll see Ginetta back involved in a prototype at some stage in the none too distant future - but not holding my breath regarding this year.
On RLM at LeMans I believe Lawrence was talking about seeing how the Ginetta GT3 does, and then a GTE would possibly be in the cards. So maybe not a proto, but possibly a GT car down the line at Le Mans
Old 22 Jun 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2904274)   #363
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Lawrence Tomlinson on RLM basically indicated that their LM entry was rejected largely in his opinion to it being a very unproven project. I suspect a combination of the issues they had at Sebring and the failure to secure an entry to Le Mans basically put paid to this effort.

In the same interview I was struck that there was no mention whatsoever of running the Radical, and indeed the car wasn't mentioned by name at all - which says to me this is a dead project.

IIRC when the plan to run the Radical was first announced, didn't Tomlinson say that is was basically an interim project to develop some ideas and parts for a future Ginetta LMP

Quote:
So they pull out of a chance to prove themselves because their unproven package was rejected from the big race?
Sounds like the twisted logic we've come to expect
I guess if they didn't get a run at LM (hardly surprising given the history of that particular car), then with half the season gone and DSC's suggestion that road car projects are currently taking priority at Ginetta, they presumably feel there's little point in racing the Radical now...

As joeb said, maybe a shift of emphasis to a GTE car before they look at their own LMP again? After all, customer GT cars are what pay the bills for them...
Old 22 Jun 2011, 15:56 (Ref:2904300)   #364
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Nothing happened ..... Thats been the norm for that car for the last few years .

Makes you laugh though ..... they applied for a LM entry , wonder why they were refused

That car has done probably the most miles a radical has ever done , in fact if you put all the SR9's together , that car has done more air miles then them all .

Absolute disgrace ..... Im tired of their excuses , and quite frankly in bewildered what the hell Tomlinson is thinking .

Question ..... when was the last time that car actually raced ?
Old 22 Jun 2011, 16:03 (Ref:2904302)   #365
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Ginetta link only came about this season, and as said, the company is busy with road/GT projects.
Old 22 Jun 2011, 23:06 (Ref:2904516)   #366
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Question ..... when was the last time that car actually raced ?
I believe that car "raced" in a couple of ALMS races last year (not under the Ginetta/LNT team though), but the performance and reliability was quite Astonesque.

Someone said earlier that Nissan North America was backing the IES project. Is that still true?
Old 23 Jun 2011, 07:51 (Ref:2904612)   #367
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
The Ginetta link only came about this season, and as said, the company is busy with road/GT projects.
Maybe they should concentrate on them then.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2904705)   #368
KA
Veteran

Quote:

Someone said earlier that Nissan North America was backing the IES project. Is that still true?
IIRC when the LMS entry list was first released and news broke that the Radical would now be an LNT/Ginetta entry, it was suggested that LNT were now bankrolling the IES engine project
Old 23 Jun 2011, 16:53 (Ref:2904812)   #369
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Maybe they should concentrate on them then.
Today Autosport say they are producing a V8 GTE.
Old 23 Jun 2011, 23:34 (Ref:2904994)   #370
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Wow. Did anyone see the peugeot lineup for Imola.

Bourdais-Davidson
Montagny-Sarrazin

That is a flatout group right there.....They really want to beat Audi in the ILMC.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 01:44 (Ref:2905019)   #371
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Flatout would have been Wurz-Davidson... Seabass not so much.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 06:44 (Ref:2905064)   #372
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Well then they should concentrate on that , instead of fooling around with a no-show car .

A driver brings sponsorship , its on the car weather it races or not , bet the driver is impressed . I wouldnt be shining my eyes in their direction if I had sponsorship , God only knows how hard that is to get these days .
Old 24 Jun 2011, 06:51 (Ref:2905070)   #373
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Flatout would have been Wurz-Davidson... Seabass not so much.
Wurz?? The one who threw it off the road at indianapolis......Versus Sebastien Bourdais who set a 3.26.298 which was 1.6 seconds faster than the best laps of the other two cars including Wurz's car at Lemans in the race.

Your confusing me here....Why do you choose Wurz.....??
Old 24 Jun 2011, 07:45 (Ref:2905089)   #374
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
Wurz?? The one who threw it off the road at indianapolis......Versus Sebastien Bourdais who set a 3.26.298 which was 1.6 seconds faster than the best laps of the other two cars including Wurz's car at Lemans in the race.

Your confusing me here....Why do you choose Wurz.....??
Seabass, was really slow at Le Mans this year.
However Wurz wouldn't be my choice either.
Old 24 Jun 2011, 10:54 (Ref:2905182)   #375
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Seabass, was really slow at Le Mans this year.
However Wurz wouldn't be my choice either.
Someone please explain to me what these guys are confused about. Sebastien Bourdais set the fastest race lap of the Peugeot 908's by over a second in an ill handling car. The car was 908 slow(relatively speaking to the Audi). Seabass still wheeled it around to a 3.26.298. 1.7 seconds faster than the next best peugeot. Bourdais did this. Am i missing something?

Are you guys confused. Seabass is Sebastien Bourdais.

If anyone was slow it was Pedro Lamy who only got a total of 2 hours . Pagenaud and Bourdais combined to drive 22 hours of the race.

CTD, Acid09 do tell me how Seabass was slow. On what basis?