Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 21 Oct 2008, 00:31 (Ref:2317148)   #26
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satorian
Also, Hamilton should stay away from trying to overtake Alonso.
to be honest, i think if Alonso even looks at Hamilton the wrong way and causes him to run wide, i expect the stewards to be sniffing around it. Especially after Alonso's public statement of wishing to help Massa win the championship. The same could be said of any other drivers offering their support to one driver or another.

If the stewards do not, then expect to see a strong protest from Dennis et al.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 00:35 (Ref:2317152)   #27
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
Well after that post race interview this weekend where Felipe tried (weak attempt) to tell us that he passed Kimi to finish second, I don't give a rats behind about what happens to him....
He wouldn't have felt the need if a certain stupid rule didn't exist. I sincerely doubt he was expecting anyone to think he actually meant it.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 00:48 (Ref:2317157)   #28
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Then he should just tell the truth. and stop acting like a Ferrari gnome..

Last edited by JeremySmith; 21 Oct 2008 at 00:51.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 00:52 (Ref:2317158)   #29
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1fcf
to be honest, i think if Alonso even looks at Hamilton the wrong way and causes him to run wide, i expect the stewards to be sniffing around it. Especially after Alonso's public statement of wishing to help Massa win the championship. The same could be said of any other drivers offering their support to one driver or another.

If the stewards do not, then expect to see a strong protest from Dennis et al.
No protest is going to help them much once Hamilton ends up DNF. The general point is that Hamilton has to drive like he is transporting a basket of eggs and be extra careful, while especially Raikkonen and Alonso probably won't care much about Hamilton's quest when tangling with him. There is a lot of room within "standard racing incidents" that won't get penalized or will only attract some marginal penalty like a drive-through/stop-and-go or time deduction for the offender, yet could still end Hamilton's race.

The thing is, from a simple game theoretical perspective the risk management has to differ. Everyone but Hamilton and Massa "only" have points to lose, while those two also have a championship to lose if they DNF. Of course the risk strategy has to differ based on this simple distinction alone. It's generally bad advice to get into a fight with someone who has less to lose than you do, yet can hurt you in equal measure. This way you are quicker and more likely to reach an outcome you would already classify as "lose" condition compared to your opposition.

Best thing for Hamilton would be a McLaren 1-2 on the starting grid, with him pulling away and Kovalainen keeping everyone else at bay.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 00:58 (Ref:2317162)   #30
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My prediction is that Lewis Hamilton will win the WDC at the Brazilian Grand Prix.....

...and all Ferrari fans will go back to that hole they came from.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 01:09 (Ref:2317169)   #31
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I think the English will finally get their WDC in Brazil, and it will be well deserved.

More importantly, all the whining and Ferrari International Assistance nonsense will finally stop... at least until next year, anyhow.

That being said - Forza Felipe!
Old 21 Oct 2008, 02:37 (Ref:2317201)   #32
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
Then he should just tell the truth. and stop acting like a Ferrari gnome..
If he did that then he would be saying Ferrari contravened the Sporting Regulations.

He couldn't tell the truth really, but he certainly could've lied a bit differently. He could've approached it more like Kimi, certainly; in this respect I agree he didn't handle it too well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
...and all Ferrari fans will go back to that hole they came from.
Hmmm. I guess I could pick the first oil/gas well I service after the GP? I'd need to be squished to fit a relatively small bore piping, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
More importantly, all the whining and Ferrari International Assistance nonsense will finally stop... at least until next year, anyhow.
I don't think so, somehow. The conspiracy will have handed the WCC to Ferrari.

Last edited by Dutton; 21 Oct 2008 at 02:43.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 02:40 (Ref:2317202)   #33
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
-
Old 21 Oct 2008, 02:43 (Ref:2317203)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure you'll be excused to do that...
Old 21 Oct 2008, 03:21 (Ref:2317214)   #35
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
I think the English will finally get their WDC in Brazil, and it will be well deserved.

That being said - Forza Felipe!
next 5 years' conspiracy might have already started because Luca di Montezemolo "on behalf" of FOTA, will be meeting Max Mosley today to discuss the future of F1 from 2009 to 2013.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 03:44 (Ref:2317222)   #36
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
We have pro-Ferrari and anti-Mclaren. Prior to Michael's retirement we would've added the pro-Michael one, but obviously now we only have the two official conspiracies.

I have seen some claims of an anti-Hamilton conspiracy as distinct from the anti-Mclaren deal. This appears to still be a fringe work at present, though, so it can't be considered as even close to an offical conspiracy yet.

Do we have any others fighting for a spot at the main table? [Rumour has it the Illuminati of the New World Order donated the table in recognition of the FIA's fine efforts in the conspiritorial arts.]

Last edited by Dutton; 21 Oct 2008 at 03:47.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 07:23 (Ref:2317286)   #37
Racer 35
Racer

England
South Derbyshire
Racer 35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure it's a prediction, but for the spectacle what I'd like to see is Massa leading in the closing stages, with LH back in 6th behind either Raikkonen, Alonso, or Webber. It's be interesting to see how long it took for the red mist to descend
Old 21 Oct 2008, 08:30 (Ref:2317338)   #38
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer 35
Not sure it's a prediction, but for the spectacle what I'd like to see is Massa leading in the closing stages, with LH back in 6th behind either Raikkonen, Alonso, or Webber. It's be interesting to see how long it took for the red mist to descend
In that situation, he will need a red mist!!! At least, given past form, he may be able to overtake at some point.

My prediction, hmm, LH pole, romps away. KR second on grid, HK third, FA 4th, FM 5th. Massa thunps HK off the track on firsth corner, but LH gets penalised because the stewards can't decide which silver car it was. LH gets drive through, comes out 12th. Suddenly, the LHC springs into the life and creates a small black hole thats drops through the centre of the earth and appears in Brazil, just as FM is about to be let by by FA and KR, and he is sucked in to a small hole in hyperspace. Stewards judge this to be caused by Mclaren and take away all their constructor points and give them to Ferrari. Journalists, outraged by these stewards decisions, break in to the stewards room, to find a half naked MM being beaten with a table tennis bat by the three stewards whilst wearing suspenders and a small badger skin hat. A court case ensues where MM sues the journos for invasion of privacy, gets awarded £50000sqillion. Meanwhile RD's head has exploded through frustration.

Or something like that.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 08:56 (Ref:2317363)   #39
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH

Or something like that.
Black holes indeed!
Old 21 Oct 2008, 09:37 (Ref:2317392)   #40
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
If something happens and Hamilton is out of it, Kovalainen is leading from Raikonen and Massa, so Kovalainen lets Kimi slip by in the closing stages before he can let Massa by. HK then holds Massa out over the closing laps so he only gets six points.

That way Kimi wins, Kovalainen is second and Massa third... and Hamilton wins the title by one point....
Old 21 Oct 2008, 09:55 (Ref:2317405)   #41
Racer 35
Racer

England
South Derbyshire
Racer 35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga
If something happens and Hamilton is out of it, Kovalainen is leading from Raikonen and Massa, so Kovalainen lets Kimi slip by in the closing stages before he can let Massa by. HK then holds Massa out over the closing laps so he only gets six points.

That way Kimi wins, Kovalainen is second and Massa third... and Hamilton wins the title by one point....
In such circumstances, maybe KR would suffer an intermittent fault which allowed both HK and FM through?
And then Massa takes the title by a point
Old 21 Oct 2008, 10:31 (Ref:2317431)   #42
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton will definitely aim for pole position - it's the safest place to be - but apart from the Ferraris, others may be after pole also, Alonso for one. Without any incidents, Hamilton will start on either the 1st or 2nd row. If he doesn't start from pole it could all be over for him by turn 2 unless he is very careful.

If he gets through the first couple of corners in the lead he will drive for a win. If he comes out of turn 2 anywhere other than at the front he will drive to finish within the top 5, which he will achieve without a mechanical failure or an 'incident'.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 11:20 (Ref:2317457)   #43
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Why do we have to wait two weeks? It's like that feeling I get after qualifying in anticipation of the race and I don't even want to hang on 24 hours.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 11:38 (Ref:2317473)   #44
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
Hamilton will definitely aim for pole position - it's the safest place to be
Surely starting from the pit lane is the safest place to be,with a full tank of fuel and a new engine.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 11:48 (Ref:2317478)   #45
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my wildcard prediction: Massa will crash while trying to overtake Kovy at some point of the race. Read into that what you will.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 11:59 (Ref:2317484)   #46
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkingjedi
my wildcard prediction: Massa will crash while trying to overtake Kovy at some point of the race. Read into that what you will.
1) Kovalainen and Massa collide, ending both of their races. Kovalainen is at fault. The FIA deem it intentional on Heikki's part and exclude McLaren & both of their drivers from the World Championship. Massa becomes World Champion.

Or

2) Massa is not in a position to outscore Lewis, so mindful of the FIA's determination to punish McLaren at every available opportunity, causes a collision with Kovalainen. The FIA deem it intentional on Heikki's part and exclude McLaren & both of their drivers from the World Championship. Massa becomes World Champion.

Now, where did I put that Bacofoil...
Old 21 Oct 2008, 12:10 (Ref:2317492)   #47
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Could LH be penalised for anything that HK did? No-one could prove collusion (LH and HK just say - nope, never discussed it)

Since there are no team orders, the team cannot order HK to collide with anyone. So neither LH and McL could be punished.

On the other hand the stewards could invent some new rules....so perhaps no so far fetched....

James
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 12:53 (Ref:2317532)   #48
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LH will be fined for looking at Massa sometime during the weekend and given a 10 spot grid penalty. LH will race all the way to second place behind Massa where he will be fined again for lookiing that the car and given a 25 second penalty putting him 5th. He will then be fined for just wondering why he was fined and given another 25 second penalty thus giving the championship to Massa.
Oh wait, I think that has happened already, no?
Old 21 Oct 2008, 14:39 (Ref:2317598)   #49
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilap
LH will be fined for looking at Massa sometime during the weekend and given a 10 spot grid penalty. LH will race all the way to second place behind Massa where he will be fined again for lookiing that the car and given a 25 second penalty putting him 5th. He will then be fined for just wondering why he was fined and given another 25 second penalty thus giving the championship to Massa.
Oh wait, I think that has happened already, no?
Almost everything looks feasible to me but one little thing seems to be hard to accomplish:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilap
LH will race all the way to second place behind Massa
That sounds unreal.
Old 21 Oct 2008, 16:43 (Ref:2317694)   #50
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton to announce his retirement as F1 is not competitive enough for him ?
Closed Thread