Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Jul 2014, 13:26 (Ref:3428997)   #5076
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
McLaren has it's own topic:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...114980&page=14
Old 1 Jul 2014, 15:27 (Ref:3429062)   #5077
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Dagy's was talking about the Corvette GTE.

Autosport broke the story about the 650S GT.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3429063)   #5078
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dagy's said :
Quote:
Looks like pieces are being put into place for a new major factory GTE program for 2015.. If the class couldn't get any better!
I can't understand why he'd be talking about Corvette and which class he's referring to unless it's Corvette in the FIA WEC.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 15:35 (Ref:3429066)   #5079
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Dagy's said :

I can't understand why he'd be talking about Corvette and which class he's referring to unless it's Corvette in the FIA WEC.
Corvette in FIA WEC.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 15:55 (Ref:3429071)   #5080
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"If the class couldn't get any better!"
I can't think of many ways how it could be worse...

Anyway it's sort of sensational headline from Dagys on twitter as when you actually read the article from s365 it's just yet another non-commitment "we'll see" response from Fehan we've heard before and which means nothing.

Quote:
“We always look at opportunities that are out there,” he said. “Do I see any change in the near future? No. But does that mean that we have tunnel vision on what we do? No. We look at everything.

“Right now, for the factory team, it’s not in the cards, in the short term, to compete in the WEC. But we’ll wait and see how that develops. We’ve never turned our back on it and we’ve never closed our eyes on it. It’s always an option for us.”
Old 1 Jul 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3429125)   #5081
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dagys also tweeted that what he was referring to was not McLaren.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 18:26 (Ref:3429134)   #5082
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
Corvette in FIA WEC.
Crossing fingers, the WEC need more badasses. Larbre was trying to get the C7 this year and was denied, let´s see if returns to Chevy on 2015
Old 1 Jul 2014, 20:08 (Ref:3429163)   #5083
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If a corvette runs gte-pro wec then that class will turn Into an even bigger bop- politicing shenanigans class, some what like what GTLM is turning into.the corvettes are cool but have been winning the majority of the alms/tudor races since last year,just steam rolling one of the most competetive class driver and car wise all from bop.im starting to get tired of it and want to see other cars win a few races competetivly on track,not on a balancing chart piece of paper.

........but it seems like dagys is still at it again,looking for something from nothing....
Old 1 Jul 2014, 20:31 (Ref:3429173)   #5084
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's what you get if you dominate BoP class, people will complain you're being favoured no matter what the case might actually be.

Also, WEC GTE BoP gets adjusted every single round already. It's as bad for three makes as it is for five in USCC. And as the balancing is astronomically extensive already, Corvette being there wouldn't really change the amount of it, just added another piece of numbers for the GT committee.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3429184)   #5085
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
That's what you get if you dominate BoP class, people will complain you're being favoured no matter what the case might actually be.

Also, WEC GTE BoP gets adjusted every single round already. It's as bad for three makes as it is for five in USCC. And as the balancing is astronomically extensive already, Corvette being there wouldn't really change the amount of it, just added another piece of numbers for the GT committee.
The problem is if you don't have a BoP there will be a manufacturer who putts in more money and manpower and then everyone will complain that they are not following "the spirit of the rules". For me BoP is the lesser of the two evils. BoP will keep manufacturers in the race/championship, one team/car dominating because they spend more money will not do that...
Old 1 Jul 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3429186)   #5086
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
The problem is if you don't have a BoP there will be a manufacturer who putts in more money and manpower and then everyone will complain that they are not following "the spirit of the rules". For me BoP is the lesser of the two evils. BoP will keep manufacturers in the race/championship, one team/car dominating because they spend more money will not do that...
I agree, the BOP keeps manufacturers out of building fake GT like the GT1s of the 90s. The problem is a good BOP update regulation.
Old 1 Jul 2014, 21:29 (Ref:3429189)   #5087
Ronald_Fish
Rookie

Ronald_Fish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would suggest:

Ford are entering with a new Ford GT.

Anyone recall a Ford 1-2-3 many years ago... when is the 50th anniversary of that...

Ford Ecoboost engine I bet, keeps the road car link that Ford want from their racing (as they have stated - reason why they are not interested in indycar)

Good luck to them, Dodge vs Corvette vs Ford GT. I like the sound of that!
Old 1 Jul 2014, 23:35 (Ref:3429230)   #5088
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
HPD is in the process of getting team/team members/drivers for the NSX GTE.

I heard it will be a full factory effort.

Did ACO/FIA allow them to be hybrid? there is another BOP problem!

In SGT they carry more weight and a very low power hybrid system.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 00:33 (Ref:3429240)   #5089
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
If hes not talking McLaren, maybe its Viper? Id love to see the snakes in the wec.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 00:41 (Ref:3429241)   #5090
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm a little annoyed however about how Fiat Chrysler has handled the new Viper. Rumour has it the car could have been a lot better than what they were allowed to do with it.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 00:57 (Ref:3429244)   #5091
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm a little annoyed however about how Fiat Chrysler has handled the new Viper. Rumour has it the car could have been a lot better than what they were allowed to do with it.
Yeah it could. Look at the new hellcat challenger. Yea its supercharged but 707hp 650lb-ft of torque... the V10 in the Viper can go higher, but I think Ferrari territory is a place they dont want it to be.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 01:20 (Ref:3429253)   #5092
Articus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Mogami View Post
HPD is in the process of getting team/team members/drivers for the NSX GTE.

I heard it will be a full factory effort.

Did ACO/FIA allow them to be hybrid? there is another BOP problem!

In SGT they carry more weight and a very low power hybrid system.
1) Will they just collect the Super GT drivers
2) Can ACO decrease the NSX tank size such that the hybrid system must be used to boost efficiency and not power.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 01:36 (Ref:3429259)   #5093
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Ford racing only put out money to partially help Robertson racing switch to michelins. The rest was all Robertson racing and matech.At least those where the most memorable.
Ford gave us 7 post shaker rig time at Roush's place in Charlotte (maybe twice) and time in the Lockheed wind tunnel. The team did the Michelin deal on their own.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 01:46 (Ref:3429261)   #5094
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald_Fish View Post
I would suggest:

Ford are entering with a new Ford GT.

Anyone recall a Ford 1-2-3 many years ago... when is the 50th anniversary of that...

Ford Ecoboost engine I bet, keeps the road car link that Ford want from their racing (as they have stated - reason why they are not interested in indycar)

Good luck to them, Dodge vs Corvette vs Ford GT. I like the sound of that!
Would be tough to enter a new car in the GT class since there are rules about have a street version available before you race it. But I'm sure they could find a way.....

And Welcome to the Forum!
Old 2 Jul 2014, 03:24 (Ref:3429284)   #5095
Articus
Veteran

I would be skeptical that Ford would just build a GT successor for next year having not shown off any concepts to gauge the public opinion for a greenlight and/or to hype up the product. When the GT comes back, they'll spread it like a wildfire before it comes to production.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 04:10 (Ref:3429301)   #5096
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Quote:
1) Will they just collect the Super GT drivers
2) Can ACO decrease the NSX tank size such that the hybrid system must be used to boost efficiency and not power.
I'm pretty sure this time it's going to be an American effort for winning Le Mans not like last time 94,95 with an all Japanese squad.

Because it's being built in America and that will be it's main market.

We will see what the new GT rules are?
Old 2 Jul 2014, 05:38 (Ref:3429320)   #5097
TF110
Veteran

United States
I know this has been talked about before, but this g56 project looks great. Hope it comes to fruition
http://inmotion.tue.nl/im01/
Old 2 Jul 2014, 05:50 (Ref:3429323)   #5098
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I know this has been talked about before, but this g56 project looks great. Hope it comes to fruition
http://inmotion.tue.nl/im01/
It's gorgeous to see that prototype, but I don't know if ACO will allow the IM01 due to:

1.) Having a single seat like in Formula One
2.) Rotary engine (Wankel-based) + AWD due to 4 electric motors

Although it's a radical design, I don't think it'll influence future LMP1 cars.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 07:49 (Ref:3429349)   #5099
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
It's gorgeous to see that prototype, but I don't know if ACO will allow the IM01 due to:

1.) Having a single seat like in Formula One
2.) Rotary engine (Wankel-based) + AWD due to 4 electric motors

Although it's a radical design, I don't think it'll influence future LMP1 cars.
Why would a Rotary engine not be acceptable?
The rotary engine has never been directly banned at Le Mans.
AWD is already used at Le Mans.

I really don't see why the IM01 shouldn't be allowed to race at Le Mans.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 08:57 (Ref:3429375)   #5100
TF110
Veteran

United States
Id love to see lmp1 look more like that. Theyre prototypes. They obviously arent going to ever have a passenger in it, so the two-seater rule is silly to me. But this car shouldnt have a problem if its a garage 56 entry. Looks a little like a wingless Red Bull X car from Gran Turismo. I like it!